ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Disappointed in McCluster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234951)

Frazod 02-19-2012 09:58 PM

When we first signed him I bought a knockoff McCluster jersey. They can be hit or miss; sometimes they're nearly authentic quality, sometimes they're garbage. The jersey was crap. Poor fit, poor quality, didn't come as advertised. I have since thrown it away.

How ironic that my feelings about the player so completely match my feelings about the jersey.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8384509)
If you actually pay attention to the move that sprung him free, it was a sharp change in direction where he plants sideways then immediately springs out of his plant.

And the defender slipping on soaked grass. LMAO

chiefzilla1501 02-19-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

In the last 3 games, he set up touchdowns many backs won't make in space because of his ability to accelerate quickly through creases. In the youtube video, you see plenty of instances where he uses a very sudden change of direction to send the defenders off balance. The kick return against San Diego is one of the classic underrated examples. If you actually pay attention to the move that sprung him free, it was a sharp change in direction where he plants sideways then immediately springs out of his plant.

"Making people miss' isn't just about going one-on-one with a guy and juking him out of his pants. McCluster's value so far has mostly been in the moves that set up openings, and his ability to accelerate in between creases in ways many backs cannot. Again, these are all flashes. And yes, he falls down at the slightest bit of contact. But in space, he has the ability to weave through creases that many RBs do not have. We just get spoiled because we're used to seeing Jamaal Charles does those same things on an elite level.

And again, McCluster has been hurt big time because Cassel and Palko's complete inability to throw deep has taken away all the underneath stuff. You can't get McCluster spacing because defenses are crowding the box. And it didn't help that the playcalling kept calling him for him to run inside between the tackles, even though we all know his best value is not taking on multiple defenders but, again, finding a way to get him a crease so he can get into space. We certainly haven't made it easy for him.

milkman 02-19-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

In the last 3 games, he set up touchdowns many backs won't make in space because of his ability to accelerate quickly through creases. In the youtube video, you see plenty of instances where he uses a very sudden change of direction to send the defenders off balance. The kick return against San Diego is one of the classic underrated examples. If you actually pay attention to the move that sprung him free, it was a sharp change in direction where he plants sideways then immediately springs out of his plant.

"Making people miss' isn't just about going one-on-one with a guy and juking him out of his pants. McCluster's value so far has mostly been in the moves that set up openings, and his ability to accelerate in between creases in ways many backs cannot. Again, these are all flashes. And yes, he falls down at the slightest bit of contact. But in space, he has the ability to weave through creases that many RBs do not have. We just get spoiled because we're used to seeing Jamaal Charles does those same things on an elite level.

He took one step to the right, planted his foot and changed direction, and you're hanging your argument's hat on that shit.

I apologize to mental midgets.

They are Einstein compared to your dumb ass.

JFC.

DeezNutz 02-19-2012 10:11 PM

Why are some still suggesting that DMC will work in the slot?

milkman 02-19-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8384543)
Why are some still suggesting that DMC will work in the slot?

That's rhetorical, right?

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 10:16 PM

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/mccl.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/~gochiefs/spin.gif

In58men 02-19-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8384400)
There's another word for all that shit you typed.

HE SUCKS.

Everybody wants a Devin Hester their rookie year lol. Sorry, but you're not going to get that after 2 seasons and being out half the season your first year. Good god.

chiefzilla1501 02-19-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8384528)
He took one step to the right, planted his foot and changed direction, and you're hanging your argument's hat on that shit.

I apologize to mental midgets.

They are Einstein compared to your dumb ass.

JFC.

It's one example. Watch the Youtube video. There are several examples of making people miss through very pointed direction shifts. And the Denver game highlights several examples of a burst and acceleration that allows him to fly through creases that many players just don't have the ability to do.

I'm sorry I don't have more examples. I'm only going on the ones I have on youtube. But the change in direction and the burst/acceleration are things we have most definitely seen in flashes. You can't just ignore examples of big plays because "the blocking was good," and act like his acceleration or ability to use shifts to set up blocks or take a defender out aren't a part of the reason for the big play. In most cases, they are.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8384556)
Everybody wants a Devin Hester their rookie year lol. Sorry, but you're not going to get that after 2 seasons and being out half the season your first year. Good god.

A Devin Hester? Sorry, no. By the end of his rookie season people were settling for Eric Metcalf.

DeezNutz 02-19-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8384545)
That's rhetorical, right?

Essentially. But I'm a bit taken aback by the level of delusion that it demonstrates.

Huge need at slot in '10. Draft McWelker. Patience. Fail. Sign Breaston. Success.

DMC is now a third-down back/KR whom doomy (I believe) correctly selected around the fifth round in the CP mock draft.

In58men 02-19-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8384558)
A Devin Hester? Sorry, no. By the end of his rookie season people were settling for Eric Metcalf.

You must be confused by my last post.

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8384557)
It's one example. Watch the Youtube video. There are several examples of making people miss through very pointed direction shifts.

Doesn't matter. Thanks for showing us his miniscule highlight reel.

He doesn't do it often enough to be considered worth a shit.

J Diddy 02-19-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8384565)
Doesn't matter. Thanks for showing us his miniscule highlight reel.

He doesn't do it often enough to be considered worth a shit.

This is kind of how I feel about your "good posts"

Hammock Parties 02-19-2012 10:24 PM

I'm positive McCluster can't figure out proxy IPs, so let's ban his ass.