ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

Setsuna 11-11-2011 12:21 AM

If people buying shooters invested in mics for the use of coordination and not trash talking like in CoD, then BF3 would be played like it should. I do use Recon class exclusively but I don't sit there and camp 100 meters away with a tactical light and snipe people. I actualy try to back my team up so they can advance by killing the people hiding far away or close by where they can't get to them. Only about 5 times I've come across someone else actually having a mic. It's sad.

SnakeXJones 11-11-2011 12:23 AM

Anybody having some problems deploying sometimes? its getting stupid at times specially when im leading score in the game

WV 11-11-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 8099241)
Anybody having some problems deploying sometimes? its getting stupid at times specially when im leading score in the game

Only happened to me once, but it's a frustrating as hell glitch.

WV 11-11-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8099237)
If people buying shooters invested in mics for the use of coordination and not trash talking like in CoD, then BF3 would be played like it should. I do use Recon class exclusively but I don't sit there and camp 100 meters away with a tactical light and snipe people. I actualy try to back my team up so they can advance by killing the people hiding far away or close by where they can't get to them. Only about 5 times I've come across someone else actually having a mic. It's sad.

It is tough when you play with randoms. Most of the time my mic is muted because no one else in my squad has one.

I'm not great at Recon, so I don't use it much at all. It can be effective as long as you don't turn around to see 8 out of the 12 blue guys sniping from the spawn.

Setsuna 11-11-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8099261)
It is tough when you play with randoms. Most of the time my mic is muted because no one else in my squad has one.

I'm not great at Recon, so I don't use it much at all. It can be effective as long as you don't turn around to see 8 out of the 12 blue guys sniping from the spawn.

Dude, I finally played with someone who knew what teamwork was. It was great!

SnakeXJones 11-12-2011 05:01 AM

I Would really love to get a awesome team going and not just some randsom shitty player trying to control the tanks and cant drive them worth a shit

Trevo_410 11-13-2011 06:04 PM

here's a stream for bf3, just tryin to help out one of my buds....

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="300" width="400" id="live_embed_player_flash" data="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=defekter" bgcolor="#000000"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.twitch.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="hostname=www.twitch.tv&channel=defekter&auto_play=false&start_volume=25" /></object><a href="http://www.twitch.tv/defekter#r=-rid-&amp;s=em" class="trk" style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px; text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Defekter on www.twitch.tv</a>

Pants 11-14-2011 11:33 PM

This game is everything I wanted BC2 to be. Just got my MVP 1 medal, feels good, man.

Dayze 11-15-2011 08:47 AM

I played my first MP with this game on Saturday. Admitedly, I'm not very good, but it was still pretty fun. I was trying to get the hang of things, but it was pretty nuts most times. I used (i think) support class. I was able to drop ammo packs for my teamates quite a few times, which they promptly picked up.

Is there a strategy I should use in that particular class? I was basically just trying to follow my squad, provide covering fire, and tossing the ammo packs out. What else should one do as a 'support guy'?

I think one match I only had like 4 kills, and I got killed quite a bit, but was about half way up in my ranking compared to the team etc.

Pretty fund so far...although very crazy trying to get the hang of things

Pants 11-15-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8112843)
I played my first MP with this game on Saturday. Admitedly, I'm not very good, but it was still pretty fun. I was trying to get the hang of things, but it was pretty nuts most times. I used (i think) support class. I was able to drop ammo packs for my teamates quite a few times, which they promptly picked up.

Is there a strategy I should use in that particular class? I was basically just trying to follow my squad, provide covering fire, and tossing the ammo packs out. What else should one do as a 'support guy'?

I think one match I only had like 4 kills, and I got killed quite a bit, but was about half way up in my ranking compared to the team etc.

Pretty fund so far...although very crazy trying to get the hang of things

Yeap, sounds like you were being an excellent squad/teammate. Keep dropping those ammo packs and laying down supressive fire. Once you get the C4, you can run up on LAVs/MBTs and blow them the **** up. Eventually you can get the mortar, which is just a Godsend on Rush maps.

My favorite class by far is Assault as you get to revive/heal people and get the best (IMO) guns.

I have over a thousand kills with the M416, it's still my favorite gun to this point (I've yet to try many of them, though).

Mr. Plow 11-15-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8112986)
Yeap, sounds like you were being an excellent squad/teammate. Keep dropping those ammo packs and laying down supressive fire. Once you get the C4, you can run up on LAVs/MBTs and blow them the **** up. Eventually you can get the mortar, which is just a Godsend on Rush maps.

My favorite class by far is Assault as you get to revive/heal people and get the best (IMO) guns.

I have over a thousand kills with the M416, it's still my favorite gun to this point (I've yet to try many of them, though).

I'm going to be off a few extra days next week for the holiday, so I plan on getting some good game time in.

Pants 11-15-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8113046)
I'm going to be off a few extra days next week for the holiday, so I plan on getting some good game time in.

Cool.

WV 11-15-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8112986)

I haven't figured out how to effectively use the Mortars yet, but I love me some claymores! It may be because I'm playing HC, but I can't find the targets with the Mortars. It may also be that the past couple of times the stupid randoms I'm playing with don't spot shit or move up at all.

Pants 11-15-2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 8113094)
I haven't figured out how to effectively use the Mortars yet, but I love me some claymores! It may be because I'm playing HC, but I can't find the targets with the Mortars. It may also be that the past couple of times the stupid randoms I'm playing with don't spot shit or move up at all.

I don't have mortars, but I've been a victim of effective fire with them when trying to defend an MCOMM. I wouldn't use them on any other mode (maybe Conquest in some rare instances).

Dayze 11-15-2011 12:04 PM

what are the game modes on MP?
I think I played Rush, which was sort of like Capture the Flag (if I recall).