ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Jakemall 07-25-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9833534)
you cant explain it to people Doug. You really cant. You know why? Because they didn't watch the games. They didn't watch the first half be, predictable run, predictable run, try to throw for first down, to where you are trailing by 14+ at half time, and you have to try to throw yourself back into it.

They don't understand the philosophy, and the way it was done. You and I saw it. We saw how when Alex Smith took over the second half of 09, and Jimmy Raye was actually able to use the Shot gun, and pass some, we saw glimpses of what Alex could be. Then what happened? They drafted Iupati, and Anthony Davis that offseason, and he shoved alex smith right back under center again, fired Jimmy Raye, and got himself canned. I love the idea that someone says that Alex Smith was a pass first qb at ANY time under any head coach until now. That is laughable to me.

It was so laughable that Gore later commented how fustrating it was to hear the various defenses calling out the exact play they were going to do before the ball was hiked. Hard to succeed when everyone knows where you're going. Singletary said something along the lines of "we're going to smash them in the mouth and they're going to know it is coming and not be able to stop it." He got the first part right.

Jakemall 07-25-2013 02:54 PM

"espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8416/year/2010/alex-smith"

145 attempts when behind
77 attempts when not

Considering the team's record that year...it should be pretty obvious that they were behind most of the time...

Mav 07-25-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9833578)
I was referring to the part I quoted.

Marty, Gunther, Herm...

oh oh oh. Sorry. hehe.

NinerDoug 07-25-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9833893)
It was so laughable that Gore later commented how fustrating it was to hear the various defenses calling out the exact play they were going to do before the ball was hiked. Hard to succeed when everyone knows where you're going. Singletary said something along the lines of "we're going to smash them in the mouth and they're going to know it is coming and not be able to stop it." He got the first part right.

Yep, and it wasn't difficult. Gore up the gut, Gore up the gut, pass.

I am sure happy we have Harbaugh now, but boy, 2007 through 2010 really sucked. Personally, I blame the Chargers.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-25-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9833213)
?

I'm not saying Reid is a bad coach, I'm saying that there is no way your QB is a "minimal part of the overall equation" with him.

He's not "minimal" to Reid of course. That said, he's far from being the whole damned show. Let me try this one more time:

If Alex will take care of the football and not go Full-Cassel, the Chiefs can and will physically outmatch you. Our running game and defense will absolutely piss-pound you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9833531)
Of course there is. We've got the best HC in the division now....not the guy that takes a knee with a HOF QB.

Hence my original post. I mean FFS, there's Marty-tard, and there's Fox taking a knee.

ColinBarton23 07-25-2013 10:06 PM

Lol I hope he does well, I am a huge Chiefs fan but we all now that Smith can be terrible at times :/

Easy 6 07-25-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinerDoug (Post 9834009)
Gore up the gut, Gore up the gut, pass.

Ah yes, we Chiefs fans clearly recognize that sinister pattern.

HUARD DROPS BACK ON THIRD AND THREE... OH NO, HE CRUMBLES TO THE GROUND UNDER PRESSURE!

Tribal Warfare 07-26-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9833578)
I was referring to the part I quoted.

Marty, Gunther, Herm...

and again, fans from other teams not knowing our history and citing we should thank our lucky stars for said player.

ColinBarton23 07-26-2013 01:37 AM

As much as I would to believe that Smith is the answer, I have a strange feeling that he might be a flop for the Chiefs... I'm hoping this won't be the case.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-26-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinBarton23 (Post 9835296)
As much as I would to believe that Smith is the answer, I have a strange feeling that he might be a flop for the Chiefs... I'm hoping this won't be the case.

Smart n00b is smart.

Fat Elvis 07-26-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9833908)
"espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/8416/year/2010/alex-smith"

145 attempts when behind
77 attempts when not

Considering the team's record that year...it should be pretty obvious that they were behind most of the time...

Oh Noes! Alex Smith is Matt Cassel

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits...44/matt-cassel

2012:

134 attempts when behind
2 attempts when not (0-2 on those attempts as well ROFL)

Can you believe that? Matt Cassel did not complete one pass last year when the Chiefs had a lead. Not a single pass. Yeah, Alex Smith and Matt Cassel are the same QB :rolleyes:

The Chiefs attempted a grand total of 27 passes when they had a lead last year. Brady Quinn was responsible for 25 of those passes.

Ace Gunner 07-26-2013 09:16 AM

mat cassel was the absolute worst football player to start in the NFL for four years that I have ever seen. it isn't even close.

I'm pretty sure that is what dick haley saw when he told todd he did not believe they could win with that guy.

Sandy Vagina 07-26-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinBarton23 (Post 9835019)
Lol I hope he does well, I am a huge Chiefs fan but we all now that Smith can be terrible at times :/

Believe or not, Alex really only had 1 terrible game in the last 2 years. Some underwhelming games, perhaps.. but only 1 terrible game. (being against the 2012 NYG, and that was the game immediately following an injury to his throwing hand index finger)

MagicHef 07-26-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9834792)
He's not "minimal" to Reid of course. That said, he's far from being the whole damned show. Let me try this one more time:

If Alex will take care of the football and not go Full-Cassel, the Chiefs can and will physically outmatch you. Our running game and defense will absolutely piss-pound you.

I'm confused. Which team had the defense that basically gave up because the team wasn't winning? That seems pretty soft to me.

Fat Elvis 07-26-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9834792)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9835640)
I'm confused. Which team had the defense that basically gave up because the team wasn't winning? That seems pretty soft to me.

You're not cherry picking the right stats....