ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9697003)
Yeah. Don't care.

You don't give a flip about FT?

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9697022)

don't care about this schtick you have.

Ceej 05-21-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9697022)

In regards to Tarik, nope.

Al Czervik 05-21-2013 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9696990)
Black shot 44% from the FT line last year in over 100 attempts. Not good.

Good god....

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9696871)
Lucas is a long-term prospect. Redshirt and prepare to make an impact in his junior and senior years.

See also: Travis Releford.

He already did redshirt. He's 6'10, stout, and isn't lacking for a drop of athleticism.

Foul trouble is going to be what dictates playing time for the bigs, if you ask me.

sedated 05-21-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697195)
He already did redshirt. He's 6'10, stout, and isn't lacking for a drop of athleticism.

Foul trouble is going to be what dictates playing time for the bigs, if you ask me.

Yes, yes he did. But that doesn't mean he will be ready in is (RS) freshman year.

Judging on Self's history we will only run 4 bigs, and one of those will get "Aldrich freshman year minutes" (5 or so per game, depending on foul trouble). IMHO its pretty clear those 4 will be Embiid, Ellis, Black, and Traylor.

Lucas is insurance if Embiid and Ellis both have monster years and bolt to the NBA, leaving us with only Traylor as a sure thing next year.

Mr. Laz 05-21-2013 11:36 AM

Tarik isn't going to be a guy that's in the game in the final minutes.

He is going to be the power enforcer type guy down low that throws his weight around.

Prison Bitch 05-21-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9697292)

He is going to be the power enforcer type guy down low that throws his weight around.

You shoot FT all game long.

RustShack 05-21-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9696010)
B12 Preseason Rankings:

1. KU
2. KU Scout Team
3. OSU
4. ...

Iowa State will be right up there again.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9697251)
IMHO its pretty clear those 4 will be Embiid, Ellis, Black, and Traylor.

I honestly don't think it's as clear cut as this... Self stockpiles as much as possible... then plays who is doing the job the best. That doesn't mean the best player, necessarily - as we've seen in the past. He's given significant minutes to walk-ons in situations where you had obviously more talented players on the bench. Whether he's trying to get an individual to buy in that hasn't... whether he's rewarding players he feels earned it... or a combination of both... He has done it in multiple situations. It's why guys like Ellis ride the pine early in a Freshman season having been a High-School All-American

That's why he has 7 bigs on the roster.. if he feels Wesley gives a better effort than Lucas or Black in the now.. he'll play Wesley... I don't think there is any "clear" vision into the future rotation at this point, to be honest.

Ultra Peanut 05-21-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9697292)

Theoretically, yes. Functionally, he's gonna pick up some dumb fouls and be sitting down way too soon. =[

Good luck to Tarik, but there just seemed to be a disconnect while he was at Memphis. Between David Pellom transferring in and Austin Nichols joining the team, I'm kind of just relieved to not have to worry what's up with Tarik anymore.

saphojunkie 05-21-2013 03:04 PM

I think people are wildly overlooking Landen Lucas. In fact, the only big guaranteed to start is Perry Ellis. Black is still a huge get for us, because that's five 260 pound fouls to give. Which will be valuable in the title game against Randle. :)

Tharpe - Mason/Frankamp
Selden - Frankamp/Greene
Wiggins - White/Greene
Ellis - Black/Traylor
Lucas - Embiid/Black

That's my guess at the starting five. I think that Embiid and The Colors (black, white, and greene) will be heavy in the rotation to start. Frankamp might start showing up more and more as we need shooters.

Who knows? We're deep as **** this year.

Also nice to remember that we have Hunter Mickelson to practice with these guys all year and then step in when Black is gone.

2014 could look like:

Tharpe
Frankamp
Mason
Greene
White
Lucas
Embiid (?)
Selden (?)
Mickelson
Okafor
Jones
Winslow

:)

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-21-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697681)
2014 could look like:

Tharpe
Frankamp
Mason
Greene
White
Lucas
Embiid (?)
Selden (?)
Mickelson
Okafor
Jones
Winslow

That's absolutely disgusting and borderline not fair.

the Talking Can 05-21-2013 03:27 PM

lmao...Lucas is not starting, and is not starting over Embiid

Lucas was a fringe-100 player in a weak recruiting class...I'm sure he'll be able to contribute some minutes at some point

but on next year's team? nope

Bambi 05-21-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9697681)
I think people are wildly overlooking Landen Lucas. In fact, the only big guaranteed to start is Perry Ellis. Black is still a huge get for us, because that's five 260 pound fouls to give. Which will be valuable in the title game against Randle. :)

Tharpe - Mason/Frankamp
Selden - Frankamp/Greene
Wiggins - White/Greene
Ellis - Black/Traylor
Lucas - Embiid/Black

That's my guess at the starting five. I think that Embiid and The Colors (black, white, and greene) will be heavy in the rotation to start. Frankamp might start showing up more and more as we need shooters.

Who knows? We're deep as **** this year.

Also nice to remember that we have Hunter Mickelson to practice with these guys all year and then step in when Black is gone.

2014 could look like:

Tharpe
Frankamp
Mason
Greene
White
Lucas
Embiid (?)
Selden (?)
Mickelson
Okafor
Jones
Winslow

I think you have Traylor way too low on the DC.