ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

suds79 01-09-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9299634)
This is all because the media (ahem Kiper) is pumping up Glennon simply because he has the strongest arm and best size in the draft.

Uh Tyler Bray might have something to say about that.

Cannon for an arm.

Sorter 01-09-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300405)
That's so he can eat from the tallest trees, where there is less competition among other species for food.

Not sure how it helps him be a better QB necessarily.

http://utah.todaysmama.com/files/201...es-Giraffe.jpg

GLENNON SEES EVERYTHING!

Tribal Warfare 01-09-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9300414)

Cannon for an arm.

This

The_Doctor10 01-09-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9300414)

Cannon for an arm.

Not much else about him screams 'franchise QB'.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-09-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9297395)
I do. Reaching for a QB in the #1 pick in THIS draft is monumentally stupid. You wont get max value out of your pick if you just draft a QB when there are about 5 QBs who are such similar prospects when speaking about talent level and chance of success. If you can get one of those 5 QBs at #34 you do it and dont overvalue your #1 pick. Chiefs fans are so desperate to believe there is a QB that is head and shoulders ahead of everybody else and there just isnt. Unfornunately this is the worst draft in probably a decade for elite QBs. You guys have to accept that Geno Smith is not RG3 and drafting him #1 wont make him RG3 either.

Antifreeze.

Sorter 01-09-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9299589)
Okay fine...trade down to #20 or so. Make a deal to get another mid #1 pick by trading someone accompanied by giving away some of your 4th and 5ths or something. My point is if you value 5 QBs equally, and one of them is still gonna be there later.....it is pointless to waste it on a QB on the very #1 pick of the draft.

As opposed to what?

A LT we don't need and is overrated? A LG? Jarvis Jones, who has some serious injury issues? Seriously, it is beyond moronic not to take Geno or Wilson with the #1 pick. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib and Bray could all possibly go in the first round. You want to ****ing trade down and hypothetically miss out on all of them?

Chiefnj2 01-09-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9300475)
As opposed to what?

A LT we don't need and is overrated? A LG? Jarvis Jones, who has some serious injury issues? Seriously, it is beyond moronic not to take Geno or Wilson with the #1 pick. Geno, Wilson, Barkley, Glennon, Nassib and Bray could all possibly go in the first round. You want to ****ing trade down and hypothetically miss out on all of them?

Nassib is NOT going in the first.

suds79 01-09-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Doctor10 (Post 9300461)
Not much else about him screams 'franchise QB'.

To me I think he could be a fabulous prospect if he just had more time to groom & mature.

He really should have stayed another year in college but he didn't.

Size, Best arm, SEC tested... A lot to like.

But they just never pulled it together at Tenn and when I watched him I saw some pretty questionable decisions at times. Then a moment later I'd see a throw only 5-10 NFL QBs could make.

At this point kinda feel like he's a modern day Jeff George.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9300489)
To me I think he could be a fabulous prospect if he just had more time to groom & mature.

He really should have stayed another year in college but he didn't.

Size, Best arm, SEC tested... A lot to like.

But they just never pulled it together at Tenn and when I watched him I saw some pretty questionable decisions at times. Then a moment later I'd see a throw only 5-10 NFL QBs could make.

At this point kinda feel like he's a modern day Jeff George.

Jeff George is an excellent comparison both on and off the field.

That's not a great thing...

Sorter 01-09-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9300487)

Really?

Why is that?

KC, Arizona, Jacksonville, Oakland, NYJ, Tampa, SD, Browns, Philly, Dallas, could all draft a QB in the first round if they felt the value was there.

KC, Zona, Jacksonville, NYJ, and Phi are probably the most likely teams to draft one. Additionally, the Bills new HC might deem Nassib worthy over Glennon, Bray, or Barkley (who would suck playing in Buffalo IMO) because you know, he like, coached him for a brief period or something like that. LMAO

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 03:21 PM

Also... regarding "Geno Smith is not RG3..."

No, he isn't. I'd actually argue that Geno is a superior passing prospect (pure passer) than RG3. Obviously, Griffin's athleticism and running ability add another dimensions that a defense must account for, which creates space in the passing game (usually by taking a back 7 defender away from the pass game).

But I wouldn't compare Geno Smith to RG3. If I was comparing him to a recent high pick, it would be Sam Bradford (But with more raw arm strength). Geno Smith's pedigree as a passer is better than RG3's.

The only thing Smith and Griffin really have in common is that they both played in Air Raid offenses (though Smith's is more of a pro-concept/traditional Air Raid and Griffin's was more spread) and they put up huge (and remarkably similar) senior seasons in the Big 12.

Oh, and their skin color.

RealSNR 01-09-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9300487)

"Brandon Weeden is NOT going in the first."

"Andy Dalton is NOT going in the first."

These two guys were mocked in the 3rd and 4th rounds around this time in their respective drafts.

Nassib appears to have a lot of fans in scouting circles. I absolutely expect him to break into the 1st round.

RunKC 01-09-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9300475)
As opposed to what?

Luke Joeckel is going to be a top 10 LT. Give him his due credit.

And no that doesn't mean I want to draft him. Just acknowledging that he is a very good LT.

RealSNR 01-09-2013 03:30 PM

I can easily see Nassib leapfrogging Glennon as time wears on in the draft process.

Glennon's gonna ****ing drop so hard. Dude is garbage.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300536)
"Brandon Weeden is NOT going in the first."

"Andy Dalton is NOT going in the first."

These two guys were mocked in the 3rd and 4th rounds around this time in their respective drafts.

Nassib appears to have a lot of fans in scouting circles. I absolutely expect him to break into the 1st round.

Yeah, and Nassib's college coach is an NFL coach now ... on a team that needs a QB, potentially...