ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RunKC 01-09-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300609)
To be fair, the issue is if Joeckel is overrated or not. Not if KC should pick him. RunKC at least acknowledges that KC picking him would be a travesty.

If Reid picks him I'll be royally pissed off, like I was last April when we picked Mr. Combine wonder Dontari Poe, but if Reid gets another QB by trading back into the first/at 34 like Tyler Bray, I'll see what happens.

Reid has more knowledge about QB's than anyone here. If he does decide to take a QB after pick 1, I guess I'd roll with it, even though I'd be spewing profanities at him like no other.

RealSNR 01-09-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9300612)
They aren't taking him in the first round. He's not a top 50 prospect.

Want to make a little bet? I say Nassib gets drafted in the first round by some team.

DJ's left nut 01-09-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9300585)
Luke Joeckel is easily a top 5 talent in the draft though. He has flat out dominated everyone he's played this year.

Not just done well. Dominated.

Watch his tape. The best defense in college (Bama), OU, LSU. None of those defenses could get pressure on Johnny Football from the left side all year long.

His positional value isn't as great as a QB, but the guy absolutely deserves the top 5 label he's getting.

Joeckel is an elite pass-blocker because of his athleticism and size relative to his opponents. He's not a great run blocker, though. From what I saw, Mathews was a far superior run blocker.

In the pros, he won't have that decided edge in athleticism and every now and again he looks susceptible to power rushers.

I think he'll still be one of the best pass-blockers in the league, but if you're going to take a LT 1.1, I really think he needs to be an Orlando Pace type player; someone that absolutely dominates that side of the field (and in fact, makes that entire side of the line better). I just don't see that in Joeckel.

keg in kc 01-09-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9300613)
Joeckel is worth the number 1 overall pick, but he won't go 1st becuase the team picking first (us) needs a QB.

And Smith is also worth the number 1 pick. The point being that people for some reason get hung up on not drafting him because he's not Andrew Luck, whereas it's perfectly okay for the top tackle to not be a generational type player.

We have such a tremendous, bizarre hangup on QBs here...

The folks who've been comparing him to Bradford are completely correct. And I think completely correct to say he's a better prospect. He's got prototypical measurables, was a three year starter who had an incredible amount of success, and has a few issues with mechanics and footwork, none of which are major red flags. Yet he's talked about like he's a border-line player who would be a massive reach at one. Even by "prognosticators" who say he isn't worthy of #1 then send him somewhere else in the top 10.

BigCatDaddy 01-09-2013 04:05 PM

In about 2 months the "TrueFans" will all be on the Geno band wagon once Kiper tells them he should be the number 1 pick. Damn sheep.

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300553)
And nearly everybody (even the haters) acknowledges that Geno Smith is a top 10 QB.

The issue for those people comes when they say, "Top 10 isn't good enough for #1 overall."

If it's true for Geno, it's sure as **** true for Joeckel, who plays a position of much less importance. So the "overrated" label to Joeckel absolutely fits him to a tee.

... And, KABOOM!

Perfect.

As we have said many times, it's not like there's a clear No. 1 guy that is a sure-fire impact maker that would be passed up for Geno. The opportunity cost on passing on Luke Joeckel or Jarvis Jones or (giggle) Manti Te'o (giggle) is not the same as passing on Jadaveon Clowney or Orlando Pace, etc.

Buckweath 01-09-2013 04:08 PM

I don't know why people are talking about Joeckel. If truly the Chiefs pass on a QB at #1 overall and draft that Joeckel when they could have resigned a good LT in Albert, that is some major FAIL!!

duncan_idaho 01-09-2013 05:23 PM

I'm pretty sure Kevin Harlan just suggested trading the No. 1 overall pick to Seattle for Matt Flynn and their second round pick.

:mad:

Chiefnj2 01-09-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300623)
Want to make a little bet? I say Nassib gets drafted in the first round by some team.

Sure, signature for the month of May.

WV 01-09-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9300946)
I'm pretty sure Kevin Harlan just suggested trading the No. 1 overall pick to Seattle for Matt Flynn and their second round pick.

If so he can fall into a box full of aids patients used uncapped hypodermics.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9300946)

What...the.....****. I like Harlan, but what a dumbass.

O.city 01-09-2013 05:30 PM

I don't get it. What makes Flynn so much better than a draft pick? He was a late round pick and had 2 good games.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-09-2013 05:39 PM

I'm done talking slapdick. The only debate should really be Geno vs. Tyler. Get Albert and Bowe signed, draft us a QB number one overall and good times at Arrowhead.

htismaqe 01-09-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9300623)

I think he'll end up at the top of the 2nd myself. Don't see him going in the first.

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9300999)
I'm done talking slapdick. The only debate should really be Geno vs. Tyler. Get Albert and Bowe signed, draft us a QB number one overall and good times at Arrowhead.

bingo

and why can't fans and clark understand the level of excitement a first round QB would bring to this franchise?

He would be the face of the franchise, the hope, the rallying point...it would be a blast...but idiot kc fans obsess over failure....