ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals 2013 Kansas City Royals Repository Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267564)

ChiefsCountry 08-06-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9862985)
WWBD? (What would Beane do?) Would he extend James Shields or not. Just ask yourself that. WWAFD? (What would Andrew Friedman do?) Extend Shields?

That should answer the question.

How many World Series have those two won?

Prison Bitch 08-06-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9862995)

Well then, there you have it.

KevB 08-06-2013 03:00 PM

Yikes, knew things weren't great, but the supposed "floor" of Drew Stubbs is even looking unlikely.

From Keith Law:

Bubba Starling, OF | Kansas City Royals

Starling was one of the most athletic high school prospects I've ever seen, but he's been an enormous disappointment in pro ball, looking "lost at the plate" with "no approach or feel" according to one of several scouts I talked to about him, none of whom wrote him up as even an average regular.

He can still run and he's playing solid defense in center field, but he's a train wreck at the plate, with no silver linings to be found unless you want to find hope in him improving his contact rate in the second half while having less success when he makes contact. He just turned 21 on Sunday and doesn't look ready for a promotion to high Class A, so he's well behind where the fifth overall pick of the 2011 draft should be on the development curve.

keg in kc 08-06-2013 03:01 PM

Noobraska starting QB, 2016?

Lprechaun 08-06-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9862995)

Andrew Friedman is nothing short of a genius. You can say all you want about WS but we get excited about an above .500 team, if we were able to do what the Rays do over the next few years most of us would be elated. Tampa is in one of if not THE toughest division in baseball and still contending each year for the last few years.
I for one would be happy with a few years straight of what the Rays have done.

Lprechaun 08-06-2013 03:06 PM

Duffy starting in place of Davis tomorrow

Deberg_1990 08-06-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9862565)
Swimming mom mugshot released:

http://i.imgur.com/12NMRQR.jpg

Would smash, but she looks closer to 40 than she does to 30.
Posted via Mobile Device

Prison Bitch 08-06-2013 03:07 PM

I'd be curious to know what AF is doing to stay this successful. From what I know he's an investment banker quant type who doesn't know dick about the players. Just their value. And maximizes his portfolio to so speak. Whereas Dayton doesn't know a damn thing about numbers but is an outstanding scout according to most baseball people.

To my knowledge Beane is the only guy who's been able to master both skills.

C3HIEF3S 08-06-2013 03:09 PM

Some good news.

Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report 1m
#Royals C Salvy Perez tells club officials he awoke today with no headache for first time since suffering concussion.

Lprechaun 08-06-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9863019)
I'd be curious to know what AF is doing to stay this successful. From what I know he's an investment banker quant type who doesn't know dick about the players. Just their value. And maximizes his portfolio to so speak. Whereas Dayton doesn't know a damn thing about numbers but is an outstanding scout according to most baseball people.

To my knowledge Beane is the only guy who's been able to master both skills.

Sometimes its not about mastering both, its about putting people in place that can do their jobs beyond good and into great and get the results from doing so.

Mr. Laz 08-06-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 9863022)
Some good news.

Bob Dutton ‏@Royals_Report 1m
#Royals C Salvy Perez tells club officials he awoke today with no headache for first time since suffering concussion.

outstanding ... hopefully after the 7 days it will be over and done with

Saul Good 08-06-2013 03:13 PM

Shouldn't we bring back Jason Kendall and start him for the rest of the season just in case?

Prison Bitch 08-06-2013 03:14 PM

Kottaras has 5 homers and 4 doubles. But only 3 singles. Hilarious

Mr. Laz 08-06-2013 03:16 PM

Josh Vernier ‏@JoshVernier 1m
#Royals Duffy to start vs. Twins tomorrow. Says his stuff is "as good as it's ever been."
Retweeted by 610 Sports Radio- KC
Expand

ChiTown 08-06-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9863033)
Kottaras has 5 homers and 4 doubles. But only 3 singles. Hilarious

:clap:

That's what you want from a guy who rarely plays. Go big or go home!