ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

penbrook 05-06-2013 08:34 AM

Per Chiefsbeef

Albert than was talking to DT Anthony Toribio in the comments, and told him that he "will be there soon"

Imon Yourside 05-06-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9661260)
Luck was a "generational talent," and the Chiefs weren't in a position to draft him.

Welp, there's always hope for the next generation.

We had the suck for luck campaign going, problem is no one was listening. The Colts did a great job of it though.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9661260)
Luck was a "generational talent," and the Chiefs weren't in a position to draft him.

Welp, there's always hope for the next generation.

we avoided risk and went 8-8

what the **** else do you want?

-King- 05-06-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661141)
This team won 2 games last year. 6 win improvement.

So we traded for a 29 year old QB for 8-8? You're okay with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 05-06-2013 08:36 AM

Anyone who even remotely criticized the Redskins for what they traded for RGIII should be ****ing crucifying the Chiefs for the Alex Smith trade.

Direckshun 05-06-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661184)
wrong...ass backwards...proven failure

the Chiefs need a franchise QB....going 8-8 at the expense of 2 seconds not only robs you of precious draft picks, but reduces the chances that you're in a postion to draft "the guy"...

Fantastic. We've located the problem.

Now: fix that in the 2013 offseason. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I'm guessing you can't.

So if you can't get one, maybe you should expend the resources necessary to land yourself a solid option or two while you continue building the team.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 08:38 AM

i shouldn't be amazed that Chiefs fans defend this idiocy...but even after decades of the same sad excuse making, it does surprise me

can you imagine if Carl had done a trade explicitly based on going 8-8?

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-06-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9661272)
So we traded for a 29 year old QB for 8-8? You're okay with that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes cause Alex Smith is better then anything the 2013 QB draft class had to offer.

RealSNR 05-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9661247)
To your point, the overpayment is the consequence of no leverage(having Cassel, AS available, No legit Luck in the QB draft class, AND a New Regime that wants and has to win NOW) PERIOD !!

No leverage, you get hosed every time especially when you are in a position of MISSION CRITICAL NEED AT QB and your trading partner KNOWS IT !!

Then we should have gone for a cheaper option.

Alex Smith is better than Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn, and a few others.

There's no way in hell he's good enough for the price that Dorsey paid.

If the 49ers want to be dicks and jack up the price the way they did, Dorsey needed to tell them to go **** off and go with someone else. Especially since it's pretty apparent Alex Smith is not the long-term solution in KC. Matt Flynn serves the exact same goddamn function and could have been had for our 4th rounder.

Imon Yourside 05-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661277)
i shouldn't be amazed that Chiefs fans defend this idiocy...but even after decades of the same sad excuse making, it does surprise me

can you imagine if Carl had done a trade explicitly based on going 8-8?

The Chiefs are like groundhog day, every year I hear "I Got you Babe" playing as the season refreshes anew.

RealSNR 05-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661279)
Yes cause Alex Smith is better then anything the 2013 QB draft class had to offer.

That's a stupid reason.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9661275)
Fantastic. We've located the problem.

Now: fix that in the 2013 offseason. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I'm guessing you can't.

So if you can't get one, maybe you should expend the resources necessary to land yourself a solid option or two while you continue building the team.

of course I can, I can draft a QB and keep my picks

or I can sign any FA QB and keep my picks and draft a QB next year (with the 2nd I have to move up)

it's pretty ****ing simple to understand, and embarrassing to watch people defend

oh wait...drafting a QB would have been risky....unlike this..this was SAFE and SMART

ChiliConCarnage 05-06-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661268)
we avoided risk and went 8-8

what the **** else do you want?

Do you have a code word you should let us know in case you stroke out here soon?

DeezNutz 05-06-2013 08:41 AM

Matt Flynn for late-round picks in '14 and '15 with Geno in the second? Or Alex Smith for second rounders this year and next?

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-06-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9661287)
Matt Flynn for late-round picks in '14 and '15 with Geno in the second? Or Alex Smith for second rounders this year and next?

Alex Smith by a mile.