ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Tim Brown suggests head coach Bill Callahan ‘sabotaged’ Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269189)

Sorter 01-23-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9342829)
Then there's also the fact that nobody thought it was important to change the audibles from Gruden's playbook after Gruden left.

That is ****ing hilarious if true.

Radar Chief 01-23-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9343909)

Oh it’s true. I’ve seen interviews with several players from that Bucs defense that said the same thing. They knew what the Raiduh’s were going to do all game long.

TheGuardian 01-23-2013 09:55 AM

If this is true I love Bill Callahan.

Sorter 01-23-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9343923)
Oh it’s true. I’ve seen interviews with several players from that Bucs defense that said the same thing. They knew what the Raiduh’s were going to do all game long.

Bwahahaha. Callahan vs. Te'o for the Worlds Smartest Man in Football Competition.

DTLB58 01-23-2013 10:03 AM

Tim Brown was scheduled to come on the Dan Patrick show today and is now backing out.
They are still talking to him and telling him its gonna look worse if you were scheduled to come on and don't than if you just come on and tell us your story, whatever that is now.

Stay tuned. Still have an hour of the show left where he can change his mind.

Update: Brown has decided to come on and "Clarify" things. Do on in about 12 minutes.

Dave Lane 01-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9343951)
Bwahahaha. Callahan vs. Te'o for the Worlds Smartest Man in Football Competition.

Well in Callahan's defense, he didn't know he was going to play Tampa till 2 weeks before the SB. And yes he would want to change some stuff up but audibles you have been calling for 2-3 years. That would be tough to do.

Oh and Callahan is an idiot for not trying to bait Tampa with fake audibles.

fan4ever 01-23-2013 10:23 AM

What a whiny pussy. Better to bemoan the past than to face the bleak future of the Raiders I guess.

Frankie 01-23-2013 10:53 AM

The only way I see the Raiders switch game plans is that they prepared power running all along and on a whim, Al Davis, changed it right before the big game, because he loved downfield passing. Al Davis was crazy and meddling as an owner and that's a historical fact.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-23-2013 12:25 PM

The Raider Way

Easy 6 01-23-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9343923)

Between the statements of bucs players and now to find out Rice backs the assertions? it does have a tainted odor to it.

At best, it points to that organization as being the most dysfunctional of the last 20 years.

Marco Polo 01-23-2013 03:32 PM

Tim Brown will be a finalist for the NFL Hall of Fame this year. My bet is that he doesn't get in because of this.

R8RFAN 01-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9345066)
Tim Brown will be a finalist for the NFL Hall of Fame this year. My bet is that he doesn't get in because of this.

I don't think it helped his cause at all

BlackHelicopters 01-23-2013 05:41 PM

Does Tim Brown still swallow?

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-24-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9343909)

It is absolutely true. I watched something where Bucs players were saying they know exactly what plays were coming because the audibles were unchanged. I think one has to actually TRY to **** it up this bad. It makes me wonder...

If Callahan really did take a dive on purpose I hope he gets penile cancer.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-24-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9344085)
The only way I see the Raiders switch game plans is that they prepared power running all along and on a whim, Al Davis, changed it right before the big game, because he loved downfield passing. Al Davis was crazy and meddling as an owner and that's a historical fact.

Don't know about the first part, but the second part is absolute truth. I caught a lot of shit over on raiderfans.net for saying that Davis' death was the best thing that could have happened to the Raiders, but I stand by my assessment.