ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs New-Look Chiefs Turning Attention to NFL Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268935)

htismaqe 01-15-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322044)
desperation is a recipe for failure

Good thing we're not desperate and Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are BOTH right there for the taking.

Rasputin 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322043)
I wouldn't take Dysert #1 overall...I'm saying you can get him for better value in the 2nd or the 3rd. That's better than wasting the #1 pick on Geno. There is only a few top talents in the draft and Geno isn't one of them.

You are one dumb mother ****er.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9322052)
Good thing we're not desperate and Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson are BOTH right there for the taking.

Would you take Wilson #1 overall though? It's about mixing value, potential and talent.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9322055)
You are one dumb mother ****er.

I must be

ToxSocks 01-15-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322057)
Would you take Wilson #1 overall though? It's about mixing value, potential and talent.

Value.....value is for draftniks who wanna give grades at the end of the day.

**** Value.

What matters is getting the best player who will improve your team in the most significant way.

Drafting Dysert (a far lesser talent, im not even sure how the **** you could argue that) and having him sit behind Brady ****ing Quinn while he "develops" won't help this team win. By the time your boy develops (if he develops) Coaches and GM's will be fired.

Let me ask you this.....If you were the GM of the Chiefs, and Hunt came to you and said, "Babysealboy, you MUST take a QB 1st overall". Which would you take? Trading down is not an option.

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322044)
desperation is a recipe for failure

Locker has looked to have the ability to be good in several games this year, but his injuries have held him down. Ponder has actually been pretty good.

RustShack 01-15-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9322005)
No, Joe Banner never had personnel control in Philly. You're 100% wrong. Reid had full control and final say over all personnel matters once Tom Modrak was fired in 2002. He didn't give it up until he was fired. Banner was in charge of contract negotiations and other business matters. He had input, but never any control.

when Andy went through his issues with the family and his sons early on, that was a time for Joe to step in and try to make every decision," McNabb said. "That's when you kind of felt like Andy lost his power. And every decision that was made, it was going through Joe."

"It didn't matter who the GM was at that time, because when Tom Heckert was here, it seemed like Joe made every decision," McNabb said. "And it was so easy for him to just kind of push Heckert out

When Heckert left the Eagles, Howie Roseman took over as GM, but at first he seemed to be doing Banner's bidding

Banner "was already grooming Howie" to take Heckert's position, "so basically he could make every decision and just have Howie there with the title.

McNabb seemed to confirm rumors of power struggles: "Now Andy came back and regained some of the power, but Joe was the one that was holding all of the power, I felt, and everyone in the locker room knew that."

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9322073)
Value.....value is for draftniks who wanna give grades at the end of the day.

**** Value.

What matters is getting the best player who will improve your team in the most significant way.

Drafting Dysert (a far lesser talent, im not even sure how the **** you could argue that) and having him sit behind Brady ****ing Quinn while he "develops" won't help this team win. By the time your boy develops (if he develops) Coaches and GM's will be fired.

Let me ask you this.....If you were the GM of the Chiefs, and Hunt came to you and said, "Babysealboy, you MUST take a QB 1st overall". Which would you take? Trading down is not an option.

I'm pretty sure the FO knows that this isn't gonna be the quickest turn around in the world. If you find a guy you like you're allowed to reach a little. I happen to dislike Geno. Nassib and Wilson are my fav QB's in the draft personally. I also like Scott and Dysert as early round to mid round sleepers. If I had no choice but to select a QB #1 overall, I would say Nassib, because **** value right?

RustShack 01-15-2013 06:48 PM

Anyone who says Banner didn't run the Eagles, and pushed Heckert out is uninformed and an idiot for trying to argue different. If Banner liked Heckert, he would keep him in Cleveland.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9322075)
Locker has looked to have the ability to be good in several games this year, but his injuries have held him down. Ponder has actually been pretty good.

Locker has a lot of talent but he needs to put it all together.
Ponder is nothing special.

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322085)
I'm pretty sure the FO knows that this isn't gonna be the quickest turn around in the world. If you find a guy you like you're allowed to reach a little. I happen to dislike Geno. Nassib and Wilson are my fav QB's in the draft personally. I also like Scott and Dysert as early round to mid round sleepers. If I had no choice but to select a QB #1 overall, I would say Nassib, because **** value right?

Why do you dislike Geno? Give a reason.

ChiefsCountry 01-15-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9321818)
I wouldn't mind seeing a breakdown of the Packers drafts vs what they needed.

IMO, Dorsey is FoS.

I remember some guy name Brian Bulaga being drafted when the Packers needed O-line Help. Im sure there are plenty of examples out there, but im too lazy to look for them.

Bulaga was a top 15 talent that was available to the Packers at 23. It was a BPA that happened to fill a need as well.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9322095)
Why do you dislike Geno? Give a reason.

Wilts in big games, can't put the team on his back, limited understand of reading a variety of coverages. Sometimes he looks impressive and other times he looks absolutely lost out there. He's a 1st round talent, but not #1 overall. Like I said Nassib and Wilson are my fav QB's in the draft. My Wilson love is leftover from last year though.

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322105)
Wilts in big games, can't put the team on his back, limited understand of reading a variety of coverages. Sometimes he looks impressive and other times he looks absolutely lost out there. He's a 1st round talent, but not #1 overall. Like I said Nassib and Wilson are my fav QB's in the draft. My Wilson love is leftover from last year though.

Didnt watch many wvu games did you?

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322085)

Okay ding-dong.

While it doesn't mean much, and the defenses they faced were drastically different, they were playing on the same field and the same conditions.

Geno and Nassib in the Pinstripe Bowl.

Did you watch the game?

And you'd rather have Nassib?

Over Geno?

Please explain. I'd like to hear some details as to why Nassib is a better future NFL QB over Geno.