ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2014 NFL Combine - Players - The DT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281614)

The Franchise 04-15-2014 10:52 AM

Stephon Tuitt is lazy and an underachiever? ROFL

planetdoc 04-15-2014 03:47 PM

I still think Tuitt and Hagemon would be great fits for the chiefs

htismaqe 04-15-2014 03:53 PM

I want nothing to do with Hageman. We've invested enough at the position. Taking him would be one step removed from taking a guard...

O.city 04-15-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10564305)
I want nothing to do with Hageman. We've invested enough at the position. Taking him would be one step removed from taking a guard...

I do not share that opinion.

htismaqe 04-15-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10564308)
I do no share that opinion.

I do no care.

O.city 04-15-2014 04:00 PM

I wouldn't take him because of his off field issues (kinda scary) but not because of said position.

Unlike Romeos 34, we don't really sit in the base much at all, so I think a guy with his talent, if properly cultivated, could be a great asset next to Poe and the other dl

htismaqe 04-15-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10564319)
I wouldn't take him because of his off field issues (kinda scary) but not because of said position.

Unlike Romeos 34, we don't really sit in the base much at all, so I think a guy with his talent, if properly cultivated, could be a great asset next to Poe and the other dl

He's a rotational player at best and a guy that won't see the field because of his attitude at worst.

We need IMPACT in this draft. Rashede Hageman is going to be limited in his ability to be that solely because of his position.

EDIT: Vance Walker can provide everything Hageman can.

O.city 04-15-2014 04:04 PM

Why can a defensive end not be an impact player in the 34?

htismaqe 04-15-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10564325)
Why can a defensive end not be an impact player in the 34?

I never said they couldn't be. I said it's extremely hard for them to be. The JJ Watts and Ty Warren's of the world are exceedingly rare.

The chances of Hageman being that type of player are akin to winning the lottery.

O.city 04-15-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10564323)
He's a rotational player at best and a guy that won't see the field because of his attitude at worst.

We need IMPACT in this draft. Rashede Hageman is going to be limited in his ability to be that solely because of his position.

EDIT: Vance Walker can provide everything Hageman can.

Year 1, probably.

In future years I dunno.

O.city 04-15-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10564328)
I never said they couldn't be. I said it's extremely hard for them to be. The JJ Watts and Ty Warren's of the world are exceedingly rare.

The chances of Hageman being that type of player are akin to winning the lottery.

He's (along with tuitt) got the physical tools to do it. Seems to have some mental issues though.

I'd rather take Donald of we are going dl, although he won't be ther

htismaqe 04-15-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10564330)
Year 1, probably.

In future years I dunno.

The difference between the 5th-best 3-4 DE in the NFL and the 15th-best isn't even visible to the average fan's eye.

Our efforts need to be focused on getting the absolute most impact out of each and every pick.

planetdoc 04-15-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10564333)
The difference between the 5th-best 3-4 DE in the NFL and the 15th-best isn't even visible to the average fan's eye.

you dont build your team with the "eye of an average fan."

Hagemon is not polished, but he has rare speed/strength/size combo. Tuitt is likely in that same mold.

htismaqe 04-15-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10564371)
you dont build your team with the "eye of an average fan."

Hagemon is not polished, but he has rare speed/strength/size combo. Tuitt is likely in that same mold.

His chances of becoming a rare football player, a complete player, and an actual impact player are exceedingly small.

There's no reason to draft a guy like that when you can get 80% of his production at 10% of the cost in free agency.

planetdoc 04-15-2014 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10564409)
His chances of becoming a rare football player, a complete player, and an actual impact player are exceedingly small.

There's no reason to draft a guy like that when you can get 80% of his production at 10% of the cost in free agency.

'

1. that is your opinion that you are stating as fact. it is not fact.

2. hagemon is already a rare athlete.

3. Tuitt and Hagemon already have the athletic ability. Their ability to become "rare football player, a complete player, and an actual impact player" is not smaller than any other player. It will be based on their work ethic, the system they are placed in, opportunity, and luck.

I understand that the chiefs drafted Jackson and Dorsey in the top 10, and now chiefs fans are jaded about drafting a 3-4 DE in the first round. Tuitt and Hagemon are far more athletic than either former chief player.

3-4 DE can make an impact as a pass rusher. Cameron Jordan had the 5th most sacks (12.5 sacks) in the nfl for the 2013 regular season as a 3-4 DE. JJ watt and Mohammed Wilkerson had over 10 sacks each.

Those type of players arent available in FA.