ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Goodbye, Dane McCloud lifestyle. I'm moving to San Francisco! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274392)

Rain Man 07-09-2013 04:01 PM

Five facts you never knew about San Francisco.

1. It's named after Saint Frank, the patron saint of cured meats.

2. The city is built atop a giant elephant, who in turn stands atop a giant tortoise.

3. There are no gay people in San Francisco. The city developed its image to attract the lucrative LGBT tourist market segment.

4. The city has a vibrant Muslim population, with thousands each year making a pilgrimage to the al Capone site near al Catraz.

5. There are more Chinese people with degrees from UC-Berkeley or Stanford in San Francisco than there are in China.

CrazyPhuD 07-09-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9801448)
Five facts you never knew about San Francisco.

1. It's named after Saint Frank, the patron saint of cured meats.

Is that why there are wieners strewn all over?:doh!:

Cannibal 07-09-2013 06:16 PM

It's a great city, one of our country's best.

PunkinDrublic 07-09-2013 08:28 PM

I just bought my RT ticket to SF over Labor day weekend. It's my first trip to the bay area. I'm pretty stoked.

CrazyPhuD 07-09-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9802194)
I just bought my RT ticket to SF over Labor day weekend. It's my first trip to the bay area. I'm pretty stoked.

make sure to pack the extra large tube of astroglide!:) (i kid I kid I swear)....best time to be in SF in spring and fall...oddly the weather in the summer can be too variable because of the fog!

Easy 6 07-09-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9800129)
I've heard that San Francisco has some of the best Applebee's restaurants in the whole country. You're going to enjoy it.

LMAO

Simply Red 07-09-2013 10:15 PM

actually I think it'd be totally bad ass to live there and I'm totally jelly.

Faust & Shortee!!!

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9802474)
actually I think it'd be totally bad ass to live there and I'm totally jelly.

Faust & Shortee!!!

This, for sure. Marin County is my wife's dream. It's such a beautiful area and the city is amazing and yes, much cooler than downtown Los Angeles (although DTLA is becoming pretty freakin' cool).

Simply Red 07-09-2013 11:11 PM

Austin and San Fran, potentially 'Long Beach' are the only towns i'd swap for Atlanta - I know the spots here in town, and I hammer them all of the time.

Simply Red 07-09-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9802529)
This, for sure. Marin County is my wife's dream. It's such a beautiful area and the city is amazing and yes, much cooler than downtown Los Angeles (although DTLA is becoming pretty freakin' cool).

I tell you two this all of the time - but I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed Long Beach in LA - very cool mix and crowd, nice pace, fairly clean. I'd live near there if i lived in LA - not a doubt in my mind.

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9802566)
I tell you two this all of the time - but I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed Long Beach in LA - very cool mix and crowd, nice pace, fairly clean. I'd live near there if i lived in LA - not a doubt in my mind.

You would probably dig any of the beach cities, from Venice to Redondo to Long Beach, Seal Beach, Newport, Huntington, etc.

If I could afford to live anywhere, right now, it would be the Pacific Palisades, just above the PCH. But I'm about $2 million short for the pad I need.

Are you up for a loan?

:D

Simply Red 07-09-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9802567)
You would probably dig any of the beach cities, from Venice to Redondo to Long Beach, Seal Beach, Newport, Huntington, etc.

If I could afford to live anywhere, right now, it would be the Pacific Palisades, just above the PCH. But I'm about $2 million short for the pad I need.

Are you up for a loan?

:D

i'm going to google image that area - I bet it's sweet, I have to admit; I really enjoyed California.

DaneMcCloud 07-09-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9802569)
i'm going to google image that area - I bet it's sweet, I have to admit; I really enjoyed California.

Dude, you'd love it here. Seriously. Although I think you're more of a North San Diego County kind of guy. Carlsbad type guy. Buy a nice condo near the beach, hop the train to downtown San Diego for a Padres game, hit Mission Beach, hop the train home.

CrazyPhuD 07-09-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9802529)

LA is cool but the traffic would make me road rage. If I bought a helicopter maybe...but bumper to bumper traffic at 2am.....:banghead: no thank you!

The Franchise 07-09-2013 11:35 PM

Everygime I visit San Diego..I want to move there. Too bad my old boss just retired....otherwiseI could have had a job down there.