ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life So my son wants a tattoo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269756)

Carlota69 02-06-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9382774)
I don't even....
wow. in comparison, I guess my FORGIVE idea isn't really all that bad! :LOL:

Someone really wanted to pay homage to their sweet tooth I guess..lmao

Frosty 02-06-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9382780)

If you look beyond her tattoo, she's already doing that.

seclark 02-06-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9382780)

you could play candyland on that arm.
sec

KCUnited 02-06-2013 03:19 PM

Another insider tip, the day he gets it have him spend the night somewhere. No point getting blood and ink on your own sheets.

Carlota69 02-06-2013 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9382792)
you could play candyland on that arm.
sec

Yes, yes you could...

Carlota69 02-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382795)
Another insider tip, the day he gets it have him spend the night somewhere. No point getting blood and ink on your own sheets.

Actually he should sleep in the saran wrap they do after the tat. Then in morning, taake it off very carefully, toss it and clean the shit out of his tat, with non deordorant soap of course

seclark 02-06-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9382798)
Yes, yes you could...

nailed it!
sec

KCUnited 02-06-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9382803)
Actually he should sleep in the saran wrap they do after the tat. Then in morning, taake it off very carefully, toss it and clean the shit out of his tat, with non deordorant soap of course

Tattoo aftercare is an endless debate. I take off the wrap/bandage as soon as I get home and press it with a steaming hot towel and hit it with some Aquaphor. I never wrap it again.

Chazno 02-06-2013 03:32 PM

My cousin went for full back angel wings commemorating my mom who she was very close with. The funny thing is my mom would have kicked her ass for doing it....

Carlota69 02-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9382810)
Tattoo aftercare is an endless debate. I take off the wrap/bandage as soon as I get home and press it with a steaming hot towel and hit it with some Aquaphor. I never wrap it again.

This is true, however, following my artist instructions has made my tattoo look fresh for 5 years. Ive seen tats hes done 10 years after the fact, and they still look bright and colorful as well.

I was told to keep the tat dry as possible after you take the wrap off, usually the next morning. Reason being, you dont want to keep a wound wet, and with a tatoo, you want the color to set as long as possible. You want it to dry so it can heal properly, like a wound. You dont want it to crack of course, thats where aquaphor comes in. For me, it would be about 2 days before I started the aqauphor and even then it was sparringly. You also dont want to pull the skin when it sheds, as to also not pull the color before it completely sets.
This is what I was taught, and it really worked beautifully.

KC_Lee 02-06-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

I leave it wrapped overnight then follow up the next day with AD ointment and fragrence free lotion.

houstonwhodat 02-06-2013 03:34 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Franchise 02-06-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

This minus the steaming hot towel.

KCUnited 02-06-2013 03:39 PM

I've left wraps on overnight and had them stick to the wound. Everyone has their own technique. With the innovations in tattoo inks, you pretty much have to lay in a tanning bed for 10 years straight for them to fade horribly. A good looking tattoo is more about the tattoo application and products used than it does about aftercare, not that negligent aftercare can't **** up a tattoo.

Radar Chief 02-06-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

That’s no shit. I’ve heard as many different opinions as people I’ve talked to about it.