ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pioli is on A Football Life 95 Browns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264641)

Rausch 10-04-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8977437)
Maybe you could have beaten the O'Donnell Steelers...or wait, no, you couldn't have, because you got your ****ing asses kicked against them in the '94 playoffs, 29-9.

IIRC they put up 200-300 yards rushing that game vs. the Browns...

Quesadilla Joe 10-04-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8977437)
The biggest sack of shit in that piece of was Belichick talking about how he wanted to build this awesome blue collar football team in Cleveland.

Oh yeah, man. That was definitely gonna get you to a Super Bowl in an AFC with Elway's Broncos, Kelly's Bills, Montana's Chiefs, Marino's Dolphins, and so on and so forth.

Let's see. who played in the AFC Championship from 91-95?

Elway, Kelly
Marino, Kelly
Montana, Kelly
Humphries, O'Donnell
Harbaugh, O'Donnell

Maybe you could have beaten the O'Donnell Steelers...or wait, no, you couldn't have, because you got your ****ing asses kicked against them in the '94 playoffs, 29-9.

****ing frauds couldn't even compete with a superior version of the blue collar bullshit model (which lost, in the end, anyway).

****ing self-important tree of Brown shit can **** off.

I swear, I think Hamas has been using GoChiefs' account off and on the past 8 or 9 months.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2012 06:04 PM

His spirit endures within me.

Rausch 10-04-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8977451)
I swear, I think Hamas has been using GoChiefs' account off and on the past 8 or 9 months.

They're different people?...

Hammock Parties 10-04-2012 06:09 PM

If Belichick had stayed in Cleveland, would those blue collar heroes, surely on the rise by that point as an AFC power, have beaten the:

'96 Patriots?
'97 Broncos?
'98 Broncos?
'99 Titans?
'00 Ravens?

Shit, I bet they wouldn't even have gotten out of their own division against Brunell's Jags.

Crush 10-04-2012 06:11 PM

If the Bills don't go full reerun on their final drive in Super Bowl XXV, Bellifraud's so-called genious is never established.

OnTheWarpath15 10-04-2012 07:04 PM

Anyone notice that all of the guys that became GMs have drafted a R1 QB - except Pioli?

Hell, Newsome has done it twice.

Hammock Parties 10-04-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 8977474)
If the Bills don't go full reerun on their final drive in Super Bowl XXV, Bellifraud's so-called genious is never established.

Pats D has been ranked 20th or worse 3 seasons running.

Bewbies 10-04-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8977575)
Pats D has been ranked 20th or worse 3 seasons running.

That's because they lost Pioli and his drafting genious. It's clearly evident with our top 5 D ranking since his arrival. LMAO

Rausch 10-04-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8977949)
That's because they lost Pioli and his drafting genious.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-q6iKngO2OI...well_bye_2.jpg

Dave Lane 10-04-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8976794)
Denver didn't gain a competitive advantage by what they did.

Damn you got more excuses than a brother headed to jail.

Rausch 10-04-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8978101)
Damn you got more excuses than a brother headed to jail.

LMAO

tk13 10-04-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyborgtable (Post 8977405)
Cause winning a superbowl with a final drive is totally not as good as and AFC title game. Where is milkman to call a dumbass when you need him

Quality post here. You proved my point for me. You're absolutely right, winning a Super Bowl is better than an AFC title game. Belichick went into that first Super Bowl having to decide between their 1st round, $100 million QB with Super Bowl experience who had just won them the AFC title game over the Steelers after Brady got hurt... or the green 6th round QB with one playoff win... the Tuck Rule game, and he was lucky to win that.

As much as people may want to thrash and scream and cry, the whole thing happened because of Belichick. You have to remember that Bledsoe signed the richest contract in NFL history the previous offseason. What Belichick did took balls. I think there are very few guys who would bench a $100 million QB, or the richest QB in the game... and there are plenty of coaches who believe starters can't lose their job due to injury. Or people who have egos too big to do what Belichick did. Brady may very well be the Patriot way... but he created it because Belichick didn't let his ego get in the way of winning games.

Sorter 10-04-2012 10:58 PM

Belichick has ego. We all do. The difference b/w him and Pioli, IMO, is that Bill recognizes his, acknowledges its negative impact and plans/performs accordingly.

Bewbies 10-04-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8978174)
Quality post here. You proved my point for me. You're absolutely right, winning a Super Bowl is better than an AFC title game. Belichick went into that first Super Bowl having to decide between their 1st round, $100 million QB with Super Bowl experience who had just won them the AFC title game over the Steelers after Brady got hurt... or the green 6th round QB with one playoff win... the Tuck Rule game, and he was lucky to win that.

As much as people may want to thrash and scream and cry, the whole thing happened because of Belichick. You have to remember that Bledsoe signed the richest contract in NFL history the previous offseason. What Belichick did took balls. I think there are very few guys who would bench a $100 million QB, or the richest QB in the game... and there are plenty of coaches who believe starters can't lose their job due to injury. Or people who have egos too big to do what Belichick did. Brady may very well be the Patriot way... but he created it because Belichick didn't let his ego get in the way of winning games.

If you're 0-2 with Bledsoe and 11-3 with Brady, and then Brady wins a playoff game you'd have BALLS to put Bledsoe back in. This is a no brainer...