ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life **** OFFICIAL 2015 Flopnut's Fatties Weight-loss Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289731)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 12:41 PM

The food thing is a state of mind. You've conditioned yourself to feel like every meal needs to be delicious. I eat oatmeal in the morning, salad or cottage cheese in the afternoon, and Lean protein for dinner with veg, and the occasional starch. Boredom is a state of mind. I'm going to play more slots this year to keep my mind off of it. ROFL

I have a lot more work that needs done than you. Incorporate oatmeal and a lightly dressed salad into your diet twice a week, and you'll get right where you want too be.

RunKC 01-06-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11247260)
I need to figure out my eating habits, too. I basically have a diet that consists of a lot of Panda Express, Chiptole, various types of pizza (authentic, Pizza Hut, bowling alley, etc...), Jersey Mike's and BW3.

I am so picky and I always crave these things and these things only.

I need to learn how to eat healthier and eat cheaper. Every time I go to the store I end up wasting bread, lunch meat, everything ... because none of it ever sounds appealing.

I need help on this in the worst way.

Damn that's a lot of salt man. Cut that shit out.

Sugar is really tough for me. I'm trying really hard to cut down on it.

The Franchise 01-06-2015 12:46 PM

Does everyone want to just do monthly weigh ins? I'm going to create a spreadsheet that tracks everyone's weights.

Hootie 01-06-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Flöprer (Post 11247300)
The food thing is a state of mind. You've conditioned yourself to feel like every meal needs to be delicious. I eat oatmeal in the morning, salad or cottage cheese in the afternoon, and Lean protein for dinner with veg, and the occasional starch. Boredom is a state of mind. I'm going to play more slots this year to keep my mind off of it. ROFL

I have a lot more work that needs done than you. Incorporate oatmeal and a lightly dressed salad into your diet twice a week, and you'll get right where you want too be.

Just bought a cast iron so I'll start grilling chicken constantly and buy a few bottles of hot sauce from BW3 and go from there!

My laziness is just ... all-time high. All I like to do is gamble and drink and nap.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11247315)
Just bought a cast iron so I'll start grilling chicken constantly and buy a few bottles of hot sauce from BW3 and go from there!

My laziness is just ... all-time high. All I like to do is gamble and drink and nap.

Boom. The good news is the repercussions of your decisions is not morbid obesity. So in the end, it's a choice more than a necessity. Just have to figure out how bad you want it. Eggs are quick as **** to make and are great protein and low calories. If you ever want some simple, easy, fast recipes I'm sure we'll have a bunch of them thrown in the OP soon. Or at least a link to them.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper118 (Post 11247264)
I have been a long time lurker of this site. I have always followed along from the outside on these different challenges and topics. I am going to jump on this band wagon to see if I can use this as motivation to get my fat ass out and working out and eating right.

Current Weight: 300.7

Goal Weight:230

Good luck to all!

Right on, man. Welcome aboard! You may remember the first one of these I ever did. Practically like a diary looking back on it now.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 01:07 PM

My thing this year is going to be alcohol consumption. I'm STILL drinking at least 1000 calories a day in grain alcohol. 5-6 days a week. I gave up pot because frankly, it stopped working. Clear eyes, full heart...easier said than done. I'm not a drunk yet, I mean of course I am, but what I mean by that is I'm confident that I'll get past it sooner versus later. I don't live for the shit. The crazy thing is, I've still lost weight. That's how horrible I was eating.

MagicHef 01-06-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 11247206)
I started by counting my calories and giving myself 2,100 a day...500 or slightly more for breakfast, 200 for mid-morning snack, 500 for lunch, 200 for mid-afternoon snack, and 500 or slightly less for dinner, and 200 for snack (or less).

I don't monitor carbs, but I do try to keep my fat intake low (but I've found that for the foods I eat, calories and fat kind of go hand-in-hand.)

Also, I work my butt off. I will exercise vigorously at least an hour a day, usually on the stationary bike in my man cave but I'm also riding a road bike. Then, the better I've felt, the more active I've been with my kids, leading to street hockey games, ice skating, more walks with my wife, and longer bike rides when I have time.

On a Saturday, I'll usually go out and do about 30-40 miles with 1,500-2,000 feet of elevation.

I'll attach a before and after if I can figure out how to do it.

Awesome. I think a lot of people are afraid of counting calories because they think it will ruin food. In my experience though, the food still tastes the same, you just feel better about what you're eating.

keg in kc 01-06-2015 01:10 PM

I'm lazy too. The trick is to find easy things to make.

I used to do the oatmeal thing. Still do occasionally. Lately though I've been going with Greek yogurt for breakfast (dannon oikos vanilla, no fat high protein). Every few weeks I buy a giant bag of whole frozen strawberries. I like fresh better but I don't have to worry about frozen going bad in the fridge... Just gotta thaw and slice the berries mix in a few tbsp of yogurt and if I feel like it a little cereal (I go with one of the Quaker natural varieties when I do). And that's it, 5 minutes of prep nothing to clean but a bowl. Change berries when I get bored.

Eat eggs a fair amount too, along with Turkey sausage for more protein. There's all kinds of good brands out now. Takes longer than yogurt, but still easy prep and cleanup.

Lunch time I usually go with fish or chicken. Steam them along with some frozen vegetables, same logic as fruit - frozen doesn't go bad if you, say, get lazy for a night and go out. Also like a foreman grill for the meat. Easy to use, low stress.

For dinner I usually eat salad (sometimes just lettuce) and occasionally soup. I'm trying to stay away from sugar at night so less fruits after noon, more vegetables.

Still working on dropping soda. Drink lots of water, it's really important for you. Might want to watch the drinking. I've lately gotten on a hard cider kick and that shit' s 200 calories a bottle...

Basically figure out stuff you like that's available even when you're lazy as shit...

Hootie 01-06-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Der Flöprer (Post 11247326)
Boom. The good news is the repercussions of your decisions is not morbid obesity. So in the end, it's a choice more than a necessity. Just have to figure out how bad you want it. Eggs are quick as **** to make and are great protein and low calories. If you ever want some simple, easy, fast recipes I'm sure we'll have a bunch of them thrown in the OP soon. Or at least a link to them.

Yeah, I think that would be awesome man.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11247356)
Yeah, I think that would be awesome man.

My big thing for you, is don't beat yourself up too much. In your case slow and steady is what will win the race. Beating the hell out of yourself is the fastest route to just giving up on it. I think you'll get it though. We're all older and wiser.

Hammock Parties 01-06-2015 01:18 PM

Don't even bother with a pan.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nb4-73iXflo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat 01-06-2015 01:19 PM

In

Currently 246

Goal 200

Mr. Flopnuts 01-06-2015 01:19 PM

DEEEEEEEELISH! ROFL that guy cracks me up.

Dunit35 01-06-2015 01:20 PM

Just finished a foot long subway sandwhich. Eating healthy is a huge challenge for me. It was grilled chicken so I have that going for me.

I did only eat half my baked lays bag, got an iced tea.

I ate an Apple and some pineapple for breakfast.