ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request If you could through a little prayer my son's way (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267985)

ROYC75 12-24-2012 01:33 PM

May God's healing touch be sent from the heavens above, God Bless This Child in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. Amen.

Prayer request heard and sent.

Jenson71 12-24-2012 01:40 PM

Sorry to hear. I hope he gets back in the game soon.

mnchiefsguy 12-24-2012 02:03 PM

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery!

Smed1065 12-24-2012 02:30 PM

Best wishes sent.

Bowser 12-24-2012 02:49 PM

This is no way for you or your son to have to spend the holidays. Good vibes sent his way.

BigRedChief 12-24-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9238283)
Just google "pulse oximeter" and you should be able to find lots of options online.

I don't know if this is right or not. I bought one a few years ago and after a quick check it looks like they are still available through many vendors online including amazon.com. I see no sign that they are banned from sale in the US. If there is a sales ban here, it's completely ineffective.

When I left RT in 2000. It was illegal then.

BigRedChief 12-24-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9238606)
Another day of xrays, blood tests, steroids, antibiotics, breathing treatments, and other assorted medication. Basically he's pushing 3 liters (I believe that's the standard measure) of air and is maintaining a 91% percent average. Tragedy is I don't know what the hell that means short of his blood has less oxygen in it than it should have. He's at the minimum going to be spending another night and I wouldn't be surprised if he's spending Christmas night too.

He's incredibly bummed and I'm doing all I can to keep his spirits up, but I'm failing miserably. There's only so much happy conversation that a guy can come up with that can compete with spending Christmas in the hospital.

Are you in Joplin? If this goes on much longer you need to get to Children's Mercy. There could be a thousand things that could cause hemoglobin to not carry all the oxygen it should or can. Almost every single one can be fixed.

Christmas in a hospital sucks for kids. Spent a couple of Christmas's in Childrens Mercy taking care of kids. Each parent handles it differently. There is no right way other than just being by their side, reassuring them they are not going through this alone and are loved.

Braincase 12-24-2012 03:15 PM

Prayers for a swift and complete recovery.

J Diddy 12-24-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9239020)
Are you in Joplin? If this goes on much longer you need to get to Children's Mercy. There could be a thousand things that could cause hemoglobin to not carry all the oxygen it should or can. Almost every single one can be fixed.

Christmas in a hospital sucks for kids. Spent a couple of Christmas's in Childrens Mercy taking care of kids. Each parent handles it differently. There is no right way other than just being by their side, reassuring them they are not going through this alone and are loved.

I am in Pittsburg. There is a distinctive chance that I'm becoming impatient as it is my job as a father to protect and I feel as helpless as helpless can be. We came in here last night and they pushed him back and put him on oxygen. After a day of this his oxygen levels are still in the 88-91 range (occasionally dipping to 85) and he's pushing 5 liters of oxygen now.

patteeu 12-24-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9239012)
When I left RT in 2000. It was illegal then.

Ok. I bought mine in 2002 or 2003, I think.

DeezNutz 12-24-2012 04:18 PM

Done.

God's blessings to him and your family.

dannybcaitlyn 12-24-2012 04:28 PM

Prayers sent .

Goldmember 12-24-2012 04:29 PM

you got it man. Hope he gets well soon!

bevischief 12-24-2012 04:35 PM

Any family health problems from either side think about back to the grandparents? Prayers sent.

J Diddy 12-24-2012 06:14 PM

Man I just witnessed one of the greatest acts of kindness I have ever seen. All the nurses, knowing how down my son was, got together and brought him presents followed by Santa Clause. Perked him right up and teared me right up.