ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SOC says Clark slammed Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268280)

BigRedChief 12-31-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9261123)
Bringing in a Head Coach worth a shit is going to be hard to do with Pioli still here. Who would want the job.

The coach doesn't answer to Pioli. Has total control of his team, coaches and players.

ReynardMuldrake 12-31-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9261430)
I think you're kidding yourself. he's had all this time to get his ducks in a row. whats waiting on? it's not happening accept it

I'm thinking Pioli just signed an extension this year and Clark has lawyers going over it right now to find a way to nullify the contract. I can't see Clark taking away Pioli's power and still keeping him. It doesn't make sense, unless he's contractually bound to stay.

ReynardMuldrake 12-31-2012 06:34 PM

So does this all mean Clark is going to be making the 2013 draft picks himself I wonder?

Easy 6 12-31-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9260652)
Show some patience. Pioli is gone but let Clark do it surgically instead of using a sledge hammer.

chicken dinnah

ChiefMojo 12-31-2012 06:35 PM

Yup Pioli no longer has control of this team if he stays or not. If he does stay it is in a role no different than he was at New England. He would be basically the top personnel guy answering to the head coaches wishes. That is why it will be more along the lines of a Holmgren, Cowher, Gruden, Billick or Reid type hire imo. With that said I think it is all legal stuff being hammered out before he is out the door.

stonedstooge 12-31-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9261458)
So does this all mean Clark is going to be making the 2013 draft picks himself I wonder?

He talks like he will have a new team in place pretty quick

siberian khatru 12-31-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9261452)
The coach doesn't answer to Pioli. Has total control of his team, coaches and players.

I don't want Pioli anywhere near this team. That prick would try to undermine everything.

Messier 12-31-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9261436)
I just saw a bit of the channel 5 interview with Clark Hunt. I seriously doubt Pioli is going anywhere based on what chunt said. "Who's decision was it to fire Romeo" - Coleman

"It was my decision but it was one that Scott agreed with"

I doubt Scotty is going anywhere anytime soon. Hopefully I'm proved wrong

The only reason to do it the way Hunt is doing this is if Pioli is gone, and there's something holding it up. Pioli isn't involved, at all, in the coaching search. When pressed if Pioli was coming back, Hunt repeated that more changes are coming.

Pioli is toast.

Austin Ed 12-31-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9260423)
I'd be shocked if he talked to Peyton Manning last night. I'm sure Clark knew why Peyton didn't visit KC way back in March.

Clark also needs to talk to Jeff Fisher. Pretty sure he would get the same feedback that he got from PM.

Austin Ed 12-31-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9260646)
I'm curious to what GM/Coach/QB you want to go with.

My wish list would be Cowher and whoever he asks for as GM. QB---Alex Smith plus a first-round draft pick

TribalElder 12-31-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9261442)
That's the only thing you heard? Think it's pretty clear Pioli is either gone or neutered. And if he's neutered, he's gone. Way too much of an ego to accept the role Hunt is calling for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9261475)
The only reason to do it the way Hunt is doing this is if Pioli is gone, and there's something holding it up. Pioli isn't involved, at all, in the coaching search. When pressed if Pioli was coming back, Hunt repeated that more changes are coming.

Pioli is toast.

I have only viewed a "preview" of the Micheal Coleman interview of Clark Hunt. I hope to catch the entire interview tonight after 10pm news on channel 5. Clark seemed pissed but I didn't catch the death to Pioli vibe like what is being touted around CP. I'm guessing I didn't catch the presser or wherever Clark really kicked Pioli in the junk. Hope for the best but we shall see.

ghak99 12-31-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fathead (Post 9261179)
I liked what clark said in the interviews today everything made sense sounds more like he gives a shit then i thought im looking forward to the future just wish we didnt have hurry up and wait hurry up and wait

JFC... Just start using them randomly. You'll get the hang of it sooner or later.

http://easyprints.com/site/images/specs/punctuation.gif

BryanBusby 12-31-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9261452)

Doesn't matter as the coach likely wants nothing to do with him. Who the **** wants Pioli shopping for the groceries when he buys shit on a shingle (Cassel) and leaky ass milk (Quinn)?

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2012 07:10 PM

Either way. Pioli has now been turned into a eunuch by Clark.

listopencil 12-31-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9261120)
It slipped my mind. I've been following all this HC'ing drama hoping that nobody snags McCoy and Del Rio.

I am not sold on McCoy in the least. Josh McDaniels, after some floundering around, installed a good Offense in Denver. He got fired and McCoy tried to run it, McCoy failed miserably. Failed enough that Orton was benched in favor of Tebow. They try to make Tebow run the same Offense and he couldn't do it. So, and here's McCoy's big claim to fame, they install an old college Offense and Tebow runs it just barely good enough for our Defense to keep us in games with some Tebow Time at the end. There's a reason that our DC got hired away to be a HC somewhere else instead of our OC.

Don't get me wrong. Tebow made some incredible plays at the ends of those games. It was a blast. I had fun watching my team for the first time in a long time. But come on. They ran the option. Big ****ing deal. You don't want to lose the guy that called the plays and managed the game plan for a classic read option Offense? Let me call some of my buddies that coach our local Pop Warner teams. They've mastered the read option too. They'd be more than happy to go be our OC now that we have Peyton Manning.