ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Lost my job today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266336)

TEX 11-08-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9097245)
This was my first job out of college and I had worked there for about 5 and a half years. I was doing so well in my old department and had even gotten rewarded but then at the end of July I got moved to a department where I was just constantly butting heads with managesment to the point where I was written up a couple of times in September. Try as I might I could not get moved to another department. Needless to say it was one of the most unpleasent work environments I've ever been in. Well around 3 today I get pulled into the VPs office and got canned. It's kind of a relief because I knew I wasn't fitting in very well with the managers I worked under. It was stressing me to the point where it was affecting my life outside of work. At the same time waking up tomorrow and not having a job freaks me out. i worked all through college and immediately found something after graduation. I was already looking for work while I was employed but it's hard to find time to schedule interviews when you are working all the time.

I'm not used to not having a job to go to. I signed up for unemployment already and have a little bit of money put away. I'm confident I'll find work but the uncertainty of when I'll get hired scares the **** out of me. What if most employers aren't hiring until after the holidays? Anyway just curious how some of you guys dealt with temporary unemployment.

The MOST important thing is to keep a POSITIVE attitude about your situation. The good thing is it appears that you have a good work ethic and you're young and jobs for you are out there. Keep trying to get a new job. If you keep trying, you will find one.

R8RFAN 11-08-2012 02:16 PM

Take a little time off to calm down, do not appear panicked when looking for a job or desperate even if you are.

Chief Pote 11-08-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 9097302)
Do you have kids? Because if you don't have kids, you could arm yourself to the teeth and go back there and blow the manager's and vp's heads off. That's always an option. If life hands you a lemon, make lemonade. Bloody, bloody lemonade...

Figures you're from Colorado.

Iowanian 11-08-2012 04:44 PM

Sorry to hear it.

I know three people who have had their positions eliminated in the past 2 days.

I wonder what recent event could spark a frenzy of job cuts.

PunkinDrublic 01-24-2013 05:29 PM

Well this story has a happy ending, I start my new job tomorrow. Being on unemployment for 3 months is not fun. I missed having a routine. November and December were especially rough because most places weren't hiring until after the holidays. So glad I had money put away to tide me over until my unemployment got approved. It got pretty deflating at times. At one point I got rejected from three straight places I interviewed for, not to mention all the places wanting me to start at $11/hr. There were so many times I bombed on my interview because I was so stressed out about finding work I couldn't sleep the night before. Anyway I'm ready to start my new job.

R8RFAN 01-24-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9348484)
Well this story has a happy ending, I start my new job tomorrow. Being on unemployment for 3 months is not fun. I missed having a routine. November and December were especially rough because most places weren't hiring until after the holidays. So glad I had money put away to tide me over until my unemployment got approved. It got pretty deflating at times. At one point I got rejected from three straight places I interviewed for, not to mention all the places wanting me to start at $11/hr. There were so many times I bombed on my interview because I was so stressed out about finding work I couldn't sleep the night before. Anyway I'm ready to start my new job.

Congrats :thumb:

gblowfish 01-24-2013 05:31 PM

Good for you! Way to hang in there. Kick ass at the new job.

AirForceChief 01-24-2013 05:32 PM

Congrats...hope you hit the ground running and enjoy the new gig.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-24-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

They're making you start on a Friday? That's bullshit. Call in sick... or just quit.

:)

But really, congrats!

Dallas Chief 01-24-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Never saw this thread the first time around. Sorry to hear your troubles but glad it all worked out. Didn't know you were a vet either. So a huge thanks!!!! Was it you I hung out with at Austin Ave in Plano a few years back? I believe so. Anyway grats man!:thumb:

Bwana 01-24-2013 05:38 PM

Good for you dude.

PunkinDrublic 01-24-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9348495)
They're making you start on a Friday? That's bullshit. Call in sick... or just quit.

But really, congrats!

They asked me if I'd be willing to start tomorrow and I said yes. I've had more than enough time sitting around my apartment when I wasn't going to interviews and job fairs.

Dr. Johnny Fever 01-24-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 9348528)
They asked me if I'd be willing to start tomorrow and I said yes. I've had more than enough time sitting around my apartment when I wasn't going to interviews and job fairs.

Yeah... plus I was joking.

Good for you.

DaFace 01-24-2013 05:51 PM

Congrats, man! In today's job market, 3 months ain't even bad (though I'm sure it felt like it was).

On an unrelated note, this thread gave me a little appreciation for morphius's addition of the start date to the lounge view. Instead of thinking "Oh, crap, someone else got laid off," I thought "Hey...this was bumped, so I bet it's good news."

Buck 01-24-2013 06:28 PM

Dude awesome.

Stone Cold E.T. gives you a hell yeah!