ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto How Long Or Often Do You Sleep? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311459)

eDave 11-12-2017 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13211832)
That's not healthy man. I read a study, sorry I don't have the link right now that people who get less than 6 hrs of sleep on avg have a 15 year diff life expectancy.

Personally I have a really erratic sleeping pattern, which probably isn't any better. 2 or 3 nights a week I sleep about 3 hrs a night, and 2 or 3 I get about 9+ hrs of sleep. Other nights about 6-7.

I know man. I do feel the difference after I eventually crash.

I could kinda care less how long I live, TBH.

eDave 11-12-2017 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13211774)
Maybe you should try napping instead- do short sleeps of an hour here and an hour there.

Einstein did it that way.

Naps are a tricky thing. You get into REM sleep and it's a MF to wake back up and get back to work.

Too late in the afternoon, I'll be up all night again.

There's some honesty I need to address with myself about this.

cooper barrett 11-12-2017 07:42 AM

I seem to get sleep in 4 hour chunks twice a day. I used to go to bed between 11 and midnight, sleep til 3-4 am and wake totally refreshed. I would go to my office and work for a few hours, and goof off a bit, and go back to bed for a few more hours. Crawling out at 9- 10 AM or so unless there were things that had to be done.

I have a bum leg that required elevating after lengthy periods of time on it and especially after biking. I have found that when it is bothering me that I am prone to nodding out and will often just go crawl onto the couch and take a nap for maybe an hour and I am fine the rest of the day. The naps over the last 2 weeks, with the SO out of town, seem to be getting longer and I am on only 4 hours of "bedtime" sleep a night. I hope this corrects it'self when she gets back in a couple of weeks. If not it's off to the Drs office.....

damaticous 11-12-2017 08:39 AM

I've always had trouble sleeping. My hole life. I've never been able to turn my brain off or stop thinking enough to fall asleep. I had tried everything I read about...consistent bed time, no TV in bedroom, read, count sheep, sleeping pills, benadryl... All of it! I was so damn frustrated! With no sleep I was more anxious and nervous than ever!

It wasn't until my 30's that I was told my father had the same issues. His Dr. put him on a prescription of a very low dose of Trazodone. It is a VERY small amount that "shut down his mind", and allowed him to sleep.

I don't know much about it, but when I asked my Dr. if I could try it for 30 days she gave me a prescription and I've never looked back.

Over a decade later, I still sleep like a baby every night.

As your doctor if Trazodone is right for you. Don't take Trazoadone while driving or using heavy machinery. Seek medical assistance if you experience vomiting, stomach cramps, diarrhea, sudden loss of blood pressure, happiness, or euphoria. You could probably smoke or ingest marijuana and experience the same relaxing benefits of Trazodon, but the drug companies won't make as much money, and it's still illegal in Missouri. Ask your Doctor if Trazadone is right for you.

Oh! I take 10 MG of Melatonin with my Trazodone as well.

Dunit35 11-12-2017 09:14 AM

I generally sleep for 6-8 hrs. That's my goal every night.

Last night was fantastic. My wife got called in at the hospital and she had to work 7-7. Had the bed all to myself until about one. My four year old sick daughter climbed in. She likes to sleep the opposite direction of the bed and gives no damn where you're at on the bed.

I will say I sleep a lot better since I lost 50+lbs. My wife use to tell me I'd stop breathing in my sleep, waking myself up. She said I don't do that anymore. I do wake up once a night to pee.

Rausch 11-12-2017 09:32 AM

Generally sleep 4 hours (total.)

On weekends I might get between 6-12.

Insomnia is a mother****er...