ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What college coaches or NFL coaches are available for Chiefs HC job? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264521)

Rausch 10-01-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8968086)
Del Rio would be a good HC for you guys. He has always let his coordinators call their own plays and the players respect him because he played in the league.

And if a player holds out he'll just bodyslam them in the parking lot...

R8RFAN 10-01-2012 06:27 PM

Del Rio would be a good choice...

RealSNR 10-01-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8968086)
Del Rio would be a good HC for you guys. He has always let his coordinators call their own plays and the players respect him because he played in the league.

I hope you die

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 06:30 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gVFga.jpg

DaneMcCloud 10-01-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8968085)
GM Marc Ross

HC- Rob Chudzinski or Mike McCoy

OC/O-line coach- Bill Callahan

DC- Todd Bowles

No way on Chud.

JohnnyHammersticks 10-01-2012 06:34 PM

If Pioli picks the next head coach, then it's a 2-man race between Ferentz and Josh McDaniels. You absolutely know that McDaniels thinks he could fix Cassel and more importantly, Scott Pioli thinks McDaniels could fix Cassel. Hell, Pioli probably doesn't even think Cassel needs fixing.

We're ****ed. Just plain ****ed.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 06:35 PM

I can't see Scott Pioli getting the opportunity to choose a 3rd Head Coach.

Quesadilla Joe 10-01-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8968179)
I hope you die

I think Del Rio fits KC well. He is a no nonsense coach who is also not an overbearing asshole like Haley was.

He can put together a great coaching staff as well. Just look at what his former DC (Mike Smith) and OC (Dirk Koetter) are doing down in Atlanta.

Give Del Rio a good GM and he could be a great HC in the NFL.

Bewbies 10-01-2012 06:44 PM

No retreads please. McCoy interests me, but he has touched the tree which is a big black eye for me.

KC_Lee 10-01-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 8968200)
If Pioli picks the next head coach, then it's a 2-man race between Ferentz and Josh McDaniels. You absolutely know that McDaniels thinks he could fix Cassel and more importantly, Scott Pioli thinks McDaniels could fix Cassel. Hell, Pioli probably doesn't even think Cassel needs fixing.

We're ****ed. Just plain ****ed.

As someone said when I posted that we would trade down and use the extra picks we recieve to trade for Ryan Mallet....FU for being right.

Quesadilla Joe 10-01-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8968247)
No retreads please. McCoy interests me, but he has touched the tree which is a big black eye for me.

Coughlin, Belicheat, and Shanahan were retreads before winning a SB. A good HC isn't a good HC until he has a QB.

RealSNR 10-01-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8968233)
I think Del Rio fits KC well. He is a no nonsense coach who is also not an overbearing asshole like Haley was.

He can put together a great coaching staff as well. Just look at what his former DC (Mike Smith) and OC (Dirk Koetter) are doing down in Atlanta.

Give Del Rio a good GM and he could be a great HC in the NFL.

You were talking about those coaches who have franchise QBs generally do well in the league.

What do you call his time in Jacksonville? He oversaw the drafting of TWO first round QBs and hand-selected another (Garrard) during his LONG tenure as HC. This isn't like Belichick, where he was fired entirely too soon. The guy had chances and ****ed up.

He's what you get if Herm Edwards and Todd Haley had a baby. He's worthless.

Bewbies 10-01-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8968281)
Coughlin, Belicheat, and Shanahan were retreads before winning a SB. A good HC isn't a good HC until he has a QB.

Your evidence is overwhelming. Retread please.

Quesadilla Joe 10-01-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8968290)
You were talking about those coaches who have franchise QBs generally do well in the league.

What do you call his time in Jacksonville? He oversaw the drafting of TWO first round QBs and hand-selected another (Garrard) during his LONG tenure as HC. This isn't like Belichick, where he was fired entirely too soon. The guy had chances and ****ed up.

He's what you get if Herm Edwards and Todd Haley had a baby. He's worthless.

I don't know how much say he had with the Gabbert pick...

He was kind of in the same position the Chiefs have been in the past 10 years... His teams were just good enough to miss out on the top QB prospects.

notorious 10-01-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 8968042)
Jesus Christ?

No, he will be starting for the Jets in a few weeks.