ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Time to trade Dwayne Bowe (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279833)

kcpasco 12-22-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10303582)
He isn't getting any seperation from the DB's and lets a lot of the balls that come his way bounce off his chest.

FYP

jd1020 12-22-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10303610)
Hilarious. I am guessing you watched the game and yet somehow blame Bowe's lack of stats today on Alex Smith.

No.

It's Bowe. It's been this way his entire ****ing career.

The only difference is that the passing game now goes through the RB and he's probably lost a bit of passion for the game.

But don't let me stop you from going "BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE" in the game thread the next time he sheds 5 tackles and walks into the end zone.

FringeNC 12-22-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10303621)
No.

It's Bowe. It's been this way his entire ****ing career.

The only difference is that the passing game now goes through the RB and he's probably lost a bit of passion for the game.

But don't let me stop you from going "BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE" in the game thread the next time he sheds 5 tackles and walks into the end zone.

Bowe's problem is not a lack of targeting.

milkman 12-22-2013 03:50 PM

You can't trade Bowe.
His bonus accelerates to the cap, just as it does if you cut him.

His effort has been lackluster.
The coaching staff has to light a fire under his ass.

laughsatyou907 12-22-2013 03:51 PM

Agreed, Bowe is a bum.

rocks 12-22-2013 03:52 PM

He is a great #2 and has been since we got him. Not a thing has changed with him IMO.

ViperVisor 12-22-2013 03:53 PM

The final pass in the Denver game is another that bothered me.

He was in his own world.

Never turned his dum dum head around to look for the damn ball.

If he looks for the pass he could of seen and easily out-reached the smaller DBs and maybe come down with the catch.

He never saw it till it was halfway to the goal-line.

FringeNC 12-22-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10303662)
You can't trade Bowe.

At this point, lack of effort is best-case scenario. I doubt Reid would be trotting him out there if he wasn't trying, though. Appears he's done.

scho63 12-22-2013 03:57 PM

His route running sucks! Soft like a limp noodle

milkman 12-22-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 10303689)
At this point, lack of effort is best-case scenario. I doubt Reid would be trotting him out there if he wasn't trying, though. Appears he's done.

Yeah, cause they have so many options.

007 12-22-2013 03:58 PM

The whole team was shit today other than colquit

Bwana 12-22-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10303662)
You can't trade Bowe.

Exactly, it would seem we are stuck with the guy and it would be nice if the coaching staff could figure out a way to motivate him. What happens to the cap mumber if he gets caught with a trunk load of weed and gets booted by Goodell? :evil:

milkman 12-22-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 10303737)
Exactly, it would seem we are stuck with the guy and it would be nice if the coaching staff could figure out a way to motivate him. What happens to the cap mumber if he gets caught with a trunk load of weed and gets booted by Goodell? :evil:

Same as getting cut, I believe.
Not sure on that, though.

GloryDayz 12-22-2013 04:10 PM

I would love to see him gone but I don't think they'll get rid of him. That being said, I'd sure look to find somebody who's a bit faster than him. He has great size, but has no clue about how to use his hands to compliment his body size.

I'll say this, unlike many franchise WRs. I don't think any other DC game-plans around him. At his price, that's pretty bad..

Saccopoo 12-22-2013 04:20 PM

Best case at this point is move him to the slot a la Boldin, but he certainly doesn't have Anquan's fire for the game.

I'm pretty sure that they were seriously considering a dump of Bowe after the franchise tag year when they drafted Jon Baldwin, but Baldwin turned out to be so bad that they didn't have any choice but to give Bowe another deal. Add to that that the WR position is and has been very thin for the past several years. They got stuck with him because that's all they had.

Probably missed the boat on Keenan Allen or Terrance Williams when they dropped last year. Allen was oft-considered the #1 WR until he posted a slow 40. However, they didn't have much at tight end either. Beyond Charles, heading into the 2013 Draft, this team was really short talent wise at the offensive skill positions and still is suffering from that.

All I know is that they better be looking at some guys with good hands who runs good routes. I'm not really giving two shits about a dude running a 4.35 40 if he can't hold onto the ball over the middle. Guys like Pitt's Devin Street, BYU's Cody Hoffman, Texas' Mike Davis.