ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs UDFA's. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283608)

OldSchool 05-12-2014 05:10 AM

Should watch Poe's Memphis stuff. Deron Furr is number 14 on that team. I think he must have caught the eyes of our scouts when they checked out Poe. He does stand out from what I've seen. All I have to go off of right now is highlights so of course he's going to look good, but you can tell certain things.

He's definitely not a safety from the little I've seen. Punishing LB type with how he throws his body around.

OldSchool 05-12-2014 05:27 AM

What NFL.com had to say about him.
Quote:

STRENGTHS Has long arms and a solid frame. Good body power and hip snap. Disciplined playing the cutback. Has a knack for timing up collisions. Good eyes, instincts and anticipation. Carries a swagger and plays with confidence.
WEAKNESSES Is a bit of a 'tweener, lacking ideal size for a linebacker and the hips, fluidity and foot speed for a safety. Allows too much separation in man coverage and tends to freelance in zones. Can do a better job getting skinny as a blitzer.
DRAFT PROJECTION Round 7-Priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE Hard-hitting, playmaking Division II rover safety who projects to the weak-side linebacker position in the pros. Stood out in the Medal of Honor all-star game, when he earned MVP honors and showed up heavily around the ball. Has developmental linebacker potential.
It's pretty much what you can see off of what's available on youtube. Most, if not all, of it is of his time at Memphis. He played there when Poe was on the team in 2010.

Buehler445 05-12-2014 08:03 AM

I was hoping KC would pick up James Sims but it looks like GB picked him up.

SAUTO 05-12-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10625053)
All you who think you know something about any of these guys crack me up...Most know close to nothing, get your info from some scouting report, come here with a take, and argue with those who have a different one...LMAO

you just made a great addition to the thread

OldSchool 05-12-2014 08:46 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/--gd9bwEYdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LIy2Mhab1Ss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ForeverChiefs58 05-12-2014 11:00 AM

Kansas City Chiefs cut running back Eric Kettani, according to a source

saphojunkie 05-12-2014 11:07 AM

Please let Cairo Santos make the team over Succop.

The Franchise 05-12-2014 11:09 AM

Schwenke.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/APp_k9YZSgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gets pretty good pressure. Looks to have decent pass rushing ability. Gets stood up a couple of times in the run game.

OldSchool 05-12-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10625485)
Schwenke.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/APp_k9YZSgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gets pretty good pressure. Looks to have decent pass rushing ability. Gets stood up a couple of times in the run game.

What's your honest take on him?

The Franchise 05-12-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10625491)
What's your honest take on him?

Didn't really play a bunch at ND (due to the players in front of him). I think his ceiling is a situational pass rusher. Probably not more than a JAG.

Pro Day results:

Height: 6042
Weight: 285
40 Yrd Dash: 4.94
20 Yrd Dash: 2.80
10 Yrd Dash: 1.64
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 09'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.49
3-Cone Drill: 7.19

staylor26 05-12-2014 11:27 AM

After looking more into Albert Wilson, I really like the signing. Great speed and size for an inside guy. I think he makes the team.

htismaqe 05-12-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10625497)
Didn't really play a bunch at ND (due to the players in front of him). I think his ceiling is a situational pass rusher. Probably not more than a JAG.

He's got a good football name.

Or maybe a dancer name...

Frosty 05-12-2014 12:02 PM

My son goes to University of Idaho, so I'm going to cheer on James Baker just for grins. I don't know anything about him other than he is pretty big (6' 237lbs). The Vandals' football team was beyond putrid last year and he got zero help from a really bad o-line.

Looks like he can catch the ball pretty well.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tRuEUdaX_x8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(yes, I know he has zero chance to make the team)

aturnis 05-12-2014 04:10 PM

#qctimes Iowa defensive back BJ Lowery signs a free-agent deal with the Chiefs.

ForeverChiefs58 05-13-2014 06:09 AM

Chiefs get their WRs -- after draft

By Adam Teicher | May 13, 2014 7:30:11 AM

The Kansas City Chiefs failed to draft a wide receiver, not counting Oregon's De'Anthony Thomas, a collegiate running back who could wind up playing in the slot in the NFL. But two of the Chiefs' six undrafted free agents are wide receivers.

They are Georgia State's Albert Wilson and Louisiana-Lafayette's Darryl Surgent. As with all undrafted free agents, it's probably not wise to count on much from either player. Neither player has the size the Chiefs look for in their wide receivers (Wilson is 5-9 and 200 pounds, Surgent is 6-0 and 185). Wilson was a big producer in college, catching 175 passes in four seasons and scoring 23 touchdowns. Surgent had 100 catches and scored 14 touchdowns.

This group of signings, including Wilson and Surgent, show the interest of general manager John Dorsey in players from smaller schools. None of the six is from a power conference. The others are a running back (Charcandrick West of Abilene Christian), a linebacker (Ben Johnson of Tennessee-Martin), a cornerback (David Van Dyke of Tennessee State) and a safety (Daniel Sorensen of Brigham Young). Look for the Chiefs to sign more undrafted free agents before the start of their rookie camp on May 24.

The Chiefs also released two players, wide receiver Rashad Ross and fullback Eric Kettani.