ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt wanted to keep Scott Pioli (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273998)

Brock 06-21-2013 10:48 PM

Nothing says competence like 5 wins a year.

RunKC 06-21-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9768274)
Can't blame him really, Scott did a decent job other than connecting with the common fan.

Posts like this make me wish we could literally beat the shit out of poster with an AIDS object (preferably a branch from the AIDS tree)

oh...and **** you!

RealSNR 06-21-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9768283)
Posts like this make me wish we could literally beat the shit out of poster with an AIDS object (preferably a branch from the AIDS tree)

oh...and **** you!

See? Internet rage is good sometimes!

Dante84 06-21-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 9768255)
Have we started playing at Google Stadium yet?

EAT IT GRETZ

Yeah, Google hasn't shown any interest in the Kansas City market at all. Oh, wait...

He missed on that one. Doesn't mean there wasn't smoke.

BlackHelicopters 06-22-2013 07:35 AM

Two women at once.

BigRock 06-22-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9768311)
Yeah, Google hasn't shown any interest in the Kansas City market at all. Oh, wait...

Did anyone say Google hadn't shown any interest in the KC market? No.

Did anyone say the Chiefs had sold the naming rights to Arrowhead and an announcement would come on a specific date? Yeah. Bob Gretz did.

I'm not hating on Bob. Everyone gets things wrong. Which is why "I BELIEVE HIM COMPLETELY" seems like an odd position to take.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-22-2013 12:46 PM

Keep in mind that Blob defended Peterson through his mediocre then shit years. Anything Blob says I take with multiple grains of salt.

That said...

If the Dorseid can't get this done, and if we end up with another SOC on our hands, it is time for the Hunt family to get...

the ****...

OUT.

Yeaaaassss, Lil' Chiefy; I know all about Lamar's contributions to the NFL, and I don't need a ****ing recap from YOU, thanks.

The Chiefs are about the team, the fans, and the City. Period. If the ownership becomes obsolete? Well, bye. Don't care. Not one ****ing bit. In fact, I would be happier if a local or someone with ties to KC would go ahead and issue the blank check, should Clark come up short on his decision-making abilities this time.

jimw51 06-22-2013 01:08 PM

At this point who cares

Rausch 06-22-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimw51 (Post 9768821)
At this point who cares

The fan who's still here and worried about the future of the franchise...

Fat Elvis 06-22-2013 01:47 PM

If Hunt really wanted to keep Pioli, he would still be here. The Hunt family OWNS the team; they are the final arbiter on all decisions regarding the organization. Everyone saves face by having Clark vote to keep Scooter. Clark could of easily said, "FU it is my team; it is my decision," but he didn't. He just said, "Well, looks like I got outvoted; what choice do I have in the matter?" Clark wanted him gone just as much as anyone.

Clark voting in favor of keeping Pioli means shows future GMs that they will have the support of Clark even if things are bad; it gives them the impression that they can come in and do their job without too much owner interference. That is something top-flight GMs will want.

GloryDayz 06-22-2013 01:48 PM

I care. If for no other ****ing reason....because I travel a lot and I'm tired of having to avoid the "where I'm from" conversation because I'm always asked about why the Chiefs suck every year. Add to it that the main problem with the team - the family that owns the team - is almost never seen as the root of the problem, and it's not a problem that's going to get fixed.

BoneKrusher 06-22-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9767249)
is our Clark reeruned?

if this is true, Yes.

Marcellus 06-22-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9768879)
I care. If for no other ****ing reason....because I travel a lot and I'm tired of having to avoid the "where I'm from" conversation because I'm always asked about why the Chiefs suck every year. Add to it that the main problem with the team - the family that owns the team - is almost never seen as the root of the problem, and it's not a problem that's going to get fixed.

Nobody has ever really given me shit about being a Chiefs fan (well except here oddly enough). You must look like a giant vagina.

ChiefsCountry 06-22-2013 02:13 PM

So who paid to read the rest of Bob Gretz's article? Like to see that before we all stroke out.

GloryDayz 06-22-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9768900)
Nobody has ever really given me shit about being a Chiefs fan (well except here oddly enough). You must look like a giant vagina.

LOL, you don't travel evidently. Or go to sports bars. I get it...

It's all in fun, but it sucks having to admit that your town's teams A) do suck horribly, and B) will prolly never win because of their owners. And to claim otherwise in a discussion just makes you look ignorant.