ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10573994)
Sounds like Haith got 1.3 mill per season not the 1.7-1.8 reported

It's offensive to think he was paid at all... Even $0.01 was too much for what he did to the program...

It's going to take $3.5M to $4.5M a year to get somebody into MIZZOU to make a difference. Basically they have to suck dick on the best of the best and ask them how much it's going to take.

Remember, we're not just hiring a coach, we're hiring somebody who can convince the best kids in High School to come to MIZZOU instead of laugh at it.

Yeah, $4.5M to $5.5M!!

Short of that, pretty-much just cancel the program (like KU and KSU not having wrestling programs) and do more in other sports you're willing to do whatever it takes to compete in..

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2014 09:19 PM

I guaran****ingee that if Missouri hires someone like Archie Miller or Pitino the Lesser the fans will come back in droves. Hell, a competent mid-major coach with a system other than "roll the ball out with transients" or "Forty Minutes of Bull****" will be lavished with all of King Midas' Silver.

GloryDayz 04-19-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10574041)
I guaran****ingee that if Missouri hires someone like Archie Miller or Pitino the Lesser the fans will come back in droves. Hell, a competent mid-major coach with a system other than "roll the ball out with transients" or "Forty Minutes of Bull****" will be lavished with all of King Midas' Silver.

We'll see who whomever can recruit.

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10574041)

Exactly. This is being made out to be a program-defining hire. That's simply not true UNLESS we hire a retread, another Frank Haith, or an extremely underwhelming mid- to low-major coach. There's a ton of support for Missouri Basketball; the poor attendance this year was far more a reflection of Fans faith in Haith than interest in the program. More than anything, we just want hope, and if that's an up-and-comer, fine. But Alden better hit on this one. All the pressure is on him, which is why I think it will be a big hire or he'll be gone. If it's not Marshall, I'd put good money on it being someone else we're very familiar with.

TribalElder 04-19-2014 09:45 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/19...-pressure.html

Don't know if Q

Alden and Kim Anderson hopefully don't get along

I expect another who the **** is that hire coming lolz

bobhill 04-19-2014 09:46 PM

Is Norm Stewart dead yet? They could always bring him back

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10574077)
http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/19...-pressure.html

Don't know if Q

Alden and Kim Anderson hopefully don't get along

I expect another who the **** is that hire coming lolz

That would be like hearing you were on thin ice with management and responding by taking a shit in a dumpster, placing it in the middle of the conference room table, and staring down your boss until he fired you. Not gonna happen, unless Alden is hoping to retire with a moving committee to lead him to the state line.

TribalElder 04-19-2014 09:50 PM

That led to Haith’s hiring — an unpopular choice from the start, especially after his name was linked to the Nevin Shapiro booster scandal at Miami.

Still, Haith won 30 games that first season, including a Big 12 tournament championship, and received national coach-of-the-year honors. His 53-16 mark is the best in Missouri history in a coach’s first two seasons.

Haith’s legacy was tainted by back-to-back postseason flops in the NCAA Tournament round of 64 followed by a subpar 2013-14 season, when the Tigers’ school-record run of five consecutive tourney appearances ended.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/04/19...#storylink=cpy

Pasta Little Brioni 04-19-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobhill (Post 10574081)
Is Norm Stewart dead yet? They could always bring him back

Look it's dumbassson's long lost brother

TribalElder 04-19-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10574085)
That would be like hearing you were on thin ice with management and responding by taking a shit in a dumpster, placing it in the middle of the conference room table, and staring down your boss until he fired you. Not gonna happen, unless Alden is hoping to retire with a moving committee to lead him to the state line.

I don't think Alden can land a big name

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 09:51 PM

There's been some discussion about the guys Tennessee is rumored to be bringing in, but don't lose sight of the fact that their opening only outs more heat on Alden to get a big hire. In 2-3 years, we'll be comparing our hire with Tennessee's, just like we've done with Haith and Martin, and Alden cannot be seen to lose to them again. Period.

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10574095)
I don't think Alden can land a big name

Then he needs fired. I think the big money guys wouldn't let another Haith be hired... if Alden is fired next week, your point will be proven. I just don't see how a less-than-spectacular hire happens with Alden at the helm, not because I trust him, but because he'd no longer be the AD in that case.

TribalElder 04-19-2014 09:55 PM

I hope I'm wrong

I bet they try and come up short then attempt to poach ucm's coach in a last ditch effort to save face

Stanley Nickels 04-19-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10574105)
I hope I'm wrong

I bet they try and come up short then attempt to poach ucm's coach in a last ditch effort to save face

My replies aren't a criticism of you, I just think a desperate man can do things a comfortable man can't. Alden has done very poorly in his basketball hires, but I still think there's a salesman somewhere in him that can manage to round up the money he needs from the money guys (those that will still listen), and then sell the program to a good coach. Like I said, if he's gone next week, you'll know you were right.

Pitt Gorilla 04-19-2014 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10574105)
I hope I'm wrong

I guarantee they don't go after Anderson. Zero chance.