ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If not #1, where? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268954)

Strongside 01-16-2013 09:23 AM

Gil Brandt says he isn't worth the #1 but picks him to go #3 to the Raiders. ****ing. Idiot.

If he's worth it at three, are we really reaching?

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9323726)
Anything to suggest a retread QB is just stupid. Stupid man. I was trying to be nice I just can't take it especially an Alex Smith for this team.

We need to draft our own QB to groom and take us over the top with. Who knows if Geno Smith will work out but I'd like us to try with him as it's something we havn't done in over 30 years. I like what I have seen and the kid is coachable & is ready to learn how to be great. Change our past we change our future with picking a QB like Geno Smith with our number one pick. It is that simple.

i agree 100% with what you want to do, my belief is that you can get that guy further down in the draft AND other picks as well

OR

you can decide to go, e.g. the Kolb route, and then get that new QB guy next year while you build the rest of the team this year and use a vet QB who knows Reid's system in the meantime

what i don't want to do is waste the value of the #1 pick on a QB that you could get anyway at, e.g. #7 and then have an additional 2nd round pick, etc.

what is so bad about this scenario?

trade with the Cards by swapping #1 and #7 in the 1st round where we take Geno plus we get Kolb and the Cards 2nd round pick?

Kolb can then help groom Geno and teach him Reid's offense, etc. and Geno can start later in 2013 once the O Line is stable and everyone knows who to block, etc. in the new scheme ; much better than throwing Geno in there to get his head taken off early, dash his confidence, etc.

Oh Snap 01-16-2013 09:25 AM

Geno Smith could potentially shoot up the draft board over the next few months.

BigMeatballDave 01-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9323745)
Gil Brandt says he isn't worth the #1 but picks him to go #3 to the Raiders. ****ing. Idiot.

If he's worth it at three, are we really reaching?

ROFL What a dumbass.

He's good enough at #3 but not 1?

Ugh, the draft cannot come soon enough.

htismaqe 01-16-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323728)
if i wanted to troll i wouldn't be posting honest opinions on here

maybe you don't like it but Kolb is a very real possibility as the starter next year, Andy loves him, loves to trade down and stock picks, etc.

again, do some homework and look at Reid's draft record, he does something like that nearly every single year

Great, another BlackBob mult.

Again, can we just assume that this is allowed now per forum rules?

htismaqe 01-16-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323749)
you can decide to go, e.g. the Kolb route, and then get that new QB guy next year while you build the rest of the team this year and use a vet QB who knows Reid's system in the meantime

What QB are you going to get next year? Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron?

Teddy Bridgewater is going to go #1 overall and after that there's an endless list of SHIT.

Waiting until next year is stupid.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9323752)
Great, another BlackBob mult.

Again, can we just assume that this is allowed now per forum rules?

i now know what a mult is but who is blackbob?

and what rule are you referring to? can't imagine i've broken any rules on here

ptlyon 01-16-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oh Snap (Post 9323747)
Geno Smith could potentially shoot up the draft board over the next few months.

Hes already at #3

htismaqe 01-16-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9323680)
that is not a bad trade.......Kolb may not be the QB everyone wants, but I think it is fair to say he is far ahead of Cassel

He can't stay on the field.

He's WORSE than Cassel.

htismaqe 01-16-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323755)
i now know what a mult is but who is blackbob?

and what rule are you referring to? can't imagine i've broken any rules on here

**** YOU BOB.

Rasputin 01-16-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChefBoyRDEE (Post 9323749)
i agree 100% with what you want to do, my belief is that you can get that guy further down in the draft AND other picks as well

OR

what i don't want to do is waste the value of the #1 pick on a QB that you could get anyway at, e.g. #7 and then have an additional 2nd round pick, etc.

what is so bad about this scenario?

trade with the Cards by swapping #1 and #7 in the 1st round where we take Geno plus we get Kolb and the Cards 2nd round pick?

Kolb can then help groom Geno and teach him Reid's offense, etc. and Geno can start later in 2013 once the O Line is stable and everyone knows who to block, etc. in the new scheme ; much better than throwing Geno in there to get his head taken off early, dash his confidence, etc.

Its bad if the Raiders take Geno Smith. That is when it gets bad. Any team after us before the #7 could pick Geno Smith and then we are scrapping to get the second or third best QB of the draft. That is the risk you want to take? You want Geno Smith to go to the Raiders?

Molitoth 01-16-2013 09:30 AM

You guys can't assume every new CP member is Blackbob.
Sheesh.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9323734)
There have obviously been some bad QB drafts before.....but when was the last time that happened, if ever?

I'll just go ahead and say it without doing any research.

IT'S NEVER HAPPENED.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9323761)
You guys can't assume every new CP member is Blackbob.
Sheesh.

When they post the same shit, the SAME WAY, well...

Yes we can.

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-16-2013 09:33 AM

Here is my summary suggestion:

1. make a trade with the Cards
2. Cards get the 1st pick in the draft
3. Chiefs get 7th pick in the draft AND with this pick draft Geno Smith
4. Chiefs get the Cards 2nd round pick
5. Chiefs get Kevin Kolb

Kolb helps groom Geno and teach him Reid's offense, etc. and Geno can start later in 2013 once the O Line is stable and everyone knows who to block, etc. in the new scheme

Go back to Reid's 1st year in Philly, he did nearly the exact same thing with a veteran QB that he had worked with at GB who helped bring the top 5 pick McNabb along ; McNabb took over mid-season his rookie year