ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

seaofred 01-26-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8328226)
I would feel more optimistic about the Chiefs had it been Pioli fired rather than Haley.

I agree.

boogblaster 01-26-2012 10:57 AM

ima ashamed .. again ......

talastan 01-26-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8328195)
This is pretty disappointing. When we hired Pioli I really thought that we won the GM lottery.

In terms of the overall roster Pioli has done great.....It is the freaking QB position that has been his only issue IMO. How he runs the internal workings of One Arrowhead Drive I could care less if we are producing wins both in the regular season and in the playoffs. Fix the QB position Pioli!!!! :cuss:

Hammock Parties 01-26-2012 11:00 AM

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05859058_n.jpg

Marcellus 01-26-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8328105)
Spot on.

I also think Pioli is going to get an extension here sometime in the next 8 months regardless.

Clark literally thinks Pioli is one of the Beatles. He loves him.

Link?

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8328239)
In terms of the overall roster Pioli has done great.....It is the freaking QB position that has been his only issue IMO. How he runs the internal workings of One Arrowhead Drive I could care less if we are producing wins both in the regular season and in the playoffs. Fix the QB position Pioli!!!! :cuss:

I agree. I think people are piling 40 years of frustration onto Pioli's shoulders. Good Lord he has had 3 ****in' years-Carl had close to two DECADES.

I also find it amusing that so many consider Pioli an ego-driven maniac, when it's all hearsay.

FringeNC 01-26-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328263)
I agree. I think people are piling 40 years of frustration onto Pioli's shoulders. Good Lord he has had 3 ****in' years-Carl had close to two DECADES.

I also find it amusing that so many consider Pioli an ego-driven maniac, when it's all hearsay.

The problem is Pioli is apparently the only guy in the league who thinks Matt Cassel is a franchise QB. Being spectacularly wrong on the QB position makes it tough to have faith in the guy.

talastan 01-26-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328263)

I can see your point....

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8328274)
The problem is Pioli is apparently the only guy in the league who thinks Matt Cassel is a franchise QB. Being spectacularly wrong on the QB position makes it tough to have faith in the guy.

This is more in line with where I stand though.....

Radar Chief 01-26-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8328212)
Haley was fired because he was a ****ing lunatic. There's a reason it came after the Jets game...

IMO it came right after that game because of his penalty causing outburst with the refs. I actually think minus that incident Haley coaches until the end of the season.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-26-2012 11:09 AM

Jeff Chadiha has a major axe to grind with Pioli. Something has happened there that Jeff really, really hates him. He has been on 810 with Petro before and did nothing but rail on Poili the entire time. He was asked questions about other things, and he would switch back to and blame Pioli for everything... as if he couldn't get enough of it.

Seems this is happening more and more. Far too often for many peoples' liking.

htismaqe 01-26-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8328279)
IMO it came right after that game because of his penalty causing outburst with the refs. I actually think minus that incident Haley coaches until the end of the season.

Yep.

htismaqe 01-26-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 8328281)
Jeff Chadiha has a major axe to grind with Pioli. Something has happened there that Jeff really, really hates him. He has been on 810 with Petro before and did nothing but rail on Poili the entire time. He was asked questions about other things, and he would switch back to and blame Pioli for everything... as if he couldn't get enough of it.

Seems this is happening more and more. Far too often for many peoples' liking.

Chadiha as recent as last year though Pioli was doing the right thing with Cassel, though.

He's following the trail of evidence, just like we are.

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 8328274)

I don't look at it that way at all. Hell, they had Bledsoe and continued to draft QBs.

I also look at it in context-we had Brodie "no longer in the league" Croyle and Tyler(3rd string)Thigpen. Given the circumstances, for a 2nd rounder he attempted to upgrade the position and actually did, unless someone wants to argue we'd be better served with Croyle or Thigpen at the helm. Those were the choices.

Hammock Parties 01-26-2012 11:14 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/345ou54.jpg

Brock 01-26-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328296)
I don't look at it that way at all. Hell, they had Bledsoe and continued to draft QBs.

I also look at it in context-we had Brodie "no longer in the league" Croyle and Tyler(3rd string)Thigpen. Given the circumstances, for a 2nd rounder he attempted to upgrade the position and actually did, unless someone wants to argue we'd be better served with Croyle or Thigpen at the helm. Those were the choices.

Bringing in Cassel as a stopgap isn't the major crime here. Putting next to nothing in the line of succession is.