ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mack Rhoades is a Mother****ing Disaster (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299772)

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-13-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12314246)
Just so we're clear; you want to napalm the campus immediately after Mizzou breaks their single-year fundraising record?

But all those people were pissed about CS1950!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-13-2016 04:28 PM

Some old **** on KTGR right now is legitimately promoting KIM ANDERSON as AD.

Meatloaf 07-13-2016 04:30 PM

I'm a KU guy who really enjoyed our rivalry with MU, and I was really disappointed when they left the conference -- I guess they needed to do what they needed to do.

I thought Pinkel's support of the football team's position as per the "hunger strike" guy was short-sighted and wrong as it pretty much ended up destroying a large chunk of the MU hierarchy and opened the door for the fine mess that they now have on their hands.

I realize that MU is essentially a bad place (spoken with KU tongue firmly planted in cheek), but goodness, they can't seem to catch a break right now. Here's a reluctant hope that they get things squared away soon. Who knows, maybe someday we can again enjoy those interesting bonds created by a true and fun college rivalry.

BryanBusby 07-13-2016 04:46 PM

I'd say right now things are looking up, if they actually learn anything and make the right move in replacing him.

CS1950 was a mess, but it at least took out some trash.

Mizzou_8541 07-13-2016 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12314275)

Jesus Christ. How hard is it to understand 9-44?

Pablo 07-13-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 12314500)
Jesus Christ. How hard is it to understand 9-44?

Shit that's just a touch under 5 ypc! Sounds good to me.

Mizzou_8541 07-13-2016 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12314502)
Shit that's just a touch under 5 ypc! Sounds good to me.

Lol. A 6'7", white, 60+ year old RB. He can't do much worse.

Jerm 07-13-2016 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12314275)

http://66.media.tumblr.com/14c4cb441...63J1t9d56y.gif

Prison Bitch 07-13-2016 07:57 PM

So what, you didn't give Kimmay 18M smackers like we did for Gill and Coach Front-butt

duncan_idaho 07-13-2016 08:23 PM

You and DJ were so right about him. Disappointing.

KChiefs1 07-13-2016 08:58 PM

Jon Sundvold for AD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Hamas' Jenkins 07-13-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12314642)
You and DJ were so right about him. Disappointing.

Even the sun shines on a 'Hamas'' ass once in a while.

I will admit that I am extremely demanding of coaches and executives, and probably unfairly so. DJ once asked me if there was a coach I haven't hated, and it's been damned hard to find examples for the teams I've rooted for.

However, I usually believe that there are early indicators of incompetence that are strongly suggestive of future performance, and I tend to treat those indicators similar to the way I would a relationship

For example: once Pioli traded for and then extended Cassel I wanted him gone because he committed money and precious resources to a guy he didn't have to when he had the leverage (and plenty of cap space).

To me, that's a girl thinking about wedding dresses and moving in after two dates. She's nuts. Get the **** out. And any sane guy would.

As soon as the Shapiro stuff broke about Haith I was done with him, because it was clear the guy was unethical in addition to being mediocre.

That's a girl who ****ed her last boyfriend's best friend. Get gone quick.

As soon as Rhoades stuck with Anderson I said he was an ass clown, because if you can't get a decision that easy right, you probably can't get much of anything right. And then the Porters moved, he ****ed up the baseball hire, and decided to lay down landmines all around the softball program while doing donuts in a nitroglycerin truck over the top of it.

I know that the common consensus is that these jobs are difficult. They really aren't, at least intellectually. I'm sure they are quite difficult to navigate politically, but anyone who follows college athletics as their job should be able to come up with a list of who the competent coaches are and then start working their way down the list to convince them to come to a program.

I don't think Mack Rhoades could sell gasoline to a Vietnamese monk.

Sully 07-15-2016 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 12314762)
Even the sun shines on a 'Hamas'' ass once in a while.

I will admit that I am extremely demanding of coaches and executives, and probably unfairly so. DJ once asked me if there was a coach I haven't hated, and it's been damned hard to find examples for the teams I've rooted for.

However, I usually believe that there are early indicators of incompetence that are strongly suggestive of future performance, and I tend to treat those indicators similar to the way I would a relationship

For example: once Pioli traded for and then extended Cassel I wanted him gone because he committed money and precious resources to a guy he didn't have to when he had the leverage (and plenty of cap space).

To me, that's a girl thinking about wedding dresses and moving in after two dates. She's nuts. Get the **** out. And any sane guy would.

As soon as the Shapiro stuff broke about Haith I was done with him, because it was clear the guy was unethical in addition to being mediocre.

That's a girl who ****ed her last boyfriend's best friend. Get gone quick.

As soon as Rhoades stuck with Anderson I said he was an ass clown, because if you can't get a decision that easy right, you probably can't get much of anything right. And then the Porters moved, he ****ed up the baseball hire, and decided to lay down landmines all around the softball program while doing donuts in a nitroglycerin truck over the top of it.

I know that the common consensus is that these jobs are difficult. They really aren't, at least intellectually. I'm sure they are quite difficult to navigate politically, but anyone who follows college athletics as their job should be able to come up with a list of who the competent coaches are and then start working their way down the list to convince them to come to a program.

I don't think Mack Rhoades could sell gasoline to a Vietnamese monk.

I know it's a mess, and the players were tweeting for joy the other day as news broke, but what exactly is the story with the softball team?

Pepe Silvia 07-15-2016 11:13 AM

What a dumb ****ing clown that guy was.

Rausch 07-15-2016 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12316858)
I know it's a mess, and the players were tweeting for joy the other day as news broke, but what exactly is the story with the softball team?

As far as I can tell it's a huge collection of fail from the top down.

Looks like everyone wants out...