ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Is Aqib Talib the best DB in the NFL? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276813)

Mav 09-30-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 10034665)
Sherman >>>>>>>>> Talib.

Yes, I'm biased because Sherman is my favorite player in the league right now, but it's also true. Notice how the only people disagreeing are the two dumbest KU homers on this website.

You rip me for liking alex smith, but you like Lebron James, you like Richard Sherman.....

How is that any different than me liking Alex Smith? lol

Bambi 09-30-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10034733)
I have a question. Can you claim guys are sec guys when in college their schools were BIG 12 GUYS?

Blaine Gabbert and Tannenhil were both in the Big 12 when they were in college.....

Both those QBs were and still are Big 12 QBs. They were recruited to and played their entire career in the Big 12.

When speaking of the Big 12 Tannehil makes the conference look good. Gabbert makes you feel embarrassed but you have to claim both yes.

Saul Good 09-30-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10034712)
What is so hard to understand about "when Talib was on him, he pretty much completely shut him down"?

It's not hard to understand. Guarding a guy well for only a few plays is not the same as dominating someone, though.

Saul Good 09-30-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

I have a question. Can you claim guys are sec guys when in college their schools were BIG 12 GUYS?

Blaine Gabbert and Tannenhil were both in the Big 12 when they were in college.....

They aren't "SEC guys", but they are from schools that are in the SEC. You can't really say that the Big 12 puts a bunch of QBs in the NFL when Gabbert, Tannehill, Daniel, and Smith all played for programs that aren't in the Big 12 anymore.

The SEC is loaded with programs that put QBs in the NFL. Those programs include Mizzou and aTm. The Big 12 has never produced even an average NFL QB. Steve Balboni thinks that's an embarrassment.

Mav 09-30-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10034782)
They aren't "SEC guys", but they are from schools that are in the SEC. You can't really say that the Big 12 puts a bunch of QBs in the NFL when Gabbert, Tannehill, Daniel, and Smith all played for programs that aren't in the Big 12 anymore.

The SEC is loaded with programs that put QBs in the NFL. Those programs include Mizzou and aTm. The Big 12 has never produced even an average NFL QB. Steve Balboni thinks that's an embarrassment.

I see.

Off Topic, but can you imagine how good Tommy Frazier would of been had he came out in this era?

I was trying to think of a good big 12 qb. You made a good point, although, I don't necessarily agree with your logic, I can see your point

Bambi 09-30-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Unfortunately the lower bottom feeders QB like Chase Daniel and Brad Smith have to get put in as well.

It's a bit of a shame that a conference's QB lot has to be dragged down so much by one school but it is what it is.

Dartgod 09-30-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10034571)
I'm not sure it's an SEC thing but there does seem to be a tread of severely underperforming players from the SEC recently.

Tebow, Eli Manning, AJ Green, Julio Jones.

While most of the big stars: Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, Tom Brady, Russel Wilson etc seem to be coming from the Big 12, Pac 10 and Big 10...

So there are fewer good players from the SEC than all of the other conferences combined?

Shocking! :eek:

Saul Good 09-30-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10034815)
Unfortunately the lower bottom feeders QB like Chase Daniel and Brad Smith have to get put in as well.

It's a bit of a shame that a conference's QB lot has to be dragged down so much by one school but it is what it is.

Kansas has done a remarkable job of not dragging down their conference's QB lot in terms of NFL success.

jettio 09-30-2013 11:00 AM

Seems like Talib never says that he played at KU on the Sunday Night Football intros, last year or this year.

I feel kinda sorry for Jayhawk fans when he does that and expect Talib will continue to do that for as long as he is in the NFL.

Sassy Squatch 09-30-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 10034842)
Seems like Talib never says that he played at KU on the Sunday Night Football intros, last year or this year.

I feel kinda sorry for Jayhawk fans when he does that and expect Talib will continue to do that for as long as he is in the NFL.

LMAO I noticed that too. Says hes from north Dallas or some shit.

Saul Good 09-30-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 10034842)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 10034865)
LMAO I noticed that too. Says hes from north Dallas or some shit.

I hear interviews frequently where professional athletes talk about how much college smack gets thrown around between players in locker rooms. I'm sure he eats a lot of shit over KU. I mean, his high school team sucks too, but they aren't historically bad like KU football or anything.

LoneWolf 09-30-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10034782)

RGIII when healthy isn't an average QB? For all the Geno slurping that has gone on here for the last year, he isn't considered average?

Pitt Gorilla 09-30-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10034177)
Well, as Im a browns fan first, KC supporter second, I can safely say that Yes, I would take Talib over Chris Owens, or Buster Skine. I can also say that no I would not take him over Joe Haden.

To the Chiefs, I think he would fit in amazingly well in the Sutton scheme. But you wont get me to tell you of which he would start over. I have too much respect for the job that Flowers, and Sean Smith have done.

And by the way. Im not detracting from Talib. I just know how it is to support a player from a college team you liked. I think Talib has all the talent in the world, always has.

I thought this was an educational friendly football discussion, not whether or not I would take him.

hell, ANYONE COULD OF HAD HIM. No one made him an offer.

Joe Haden was incredible yesterday. Outstanding player for the Browns.

Saul Good 09-30-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10034902)
RGIII when healthy isn't an average QB? For all the Geno slurping that has gone on here for the last year, he isn't considered average?

He might become an average QB if he stays healthy, thus making him the best QB ever from a Big 12 school. He's currently the 30th rated QB in the NFL, so he has a lot of ground to make up to get there.

The Franchise 09-30-2013 11:30 AM

Talib who?

http://media.49ers.com/images/9005/m...8_2604_low.jpg