ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFT: Is New Orleans Worth $32 Billion? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130017)

Brock 11-30-2005 12:29 PM

It will never be what it was before. That's probably a good thing.

WilliamTheIrish 11-30-2005 12:31 PM

No.

But I'm a racist. (Clint says so)

Mr. Kotter 11-30-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish
No.

But I'm a racist. (Clint says so)

Apparentlly, anyone who suggests a correlation between socio-economic status and race.... is a racist, I guess. Demographic statistics be damned....:shrug:

Baby Lee 11-30-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint in Wichita
Of course I'd be in favor of rebuilding it, as I would ANY American town or city, no matter how "run down" or "shitty" it was before it was destroyed.

If failing to support the President makes you a bad American, what does wanting to raze a major American city (one of the oldest BTW) make you?

That there might be the source of the disconnect. Most people, at least myself and my take on most people, aren't opposed to rebuilding NO simply because it's shitty an rundown. It's not about disliking NOeans and 'darkies' on general premise. It's because it's an artificially maintained urban center in a dangerous and constantly shifting place. It's built on eons of silt wash and sits below sea level. While it lasted, it was a great place, and it was a miracle it lasted so long.
It's analogous to driving an ancient beater for years, even though it smoked and gulped oil as fast as it burned gasoline. But you keep driving it because it runs and you don't have enough money to either do the repairs or buy a new car. But when that day comes, and you knew it would, that the radiator empties, and the block cracks, and you have fluids spewing from every oriface and angle, it's time to bite the bullet and buy yourself another beater instead of pouring money into a terminal case.
Plenty of cities in the MS river flood plain relocated to higher ground after the 93 flood. The same consideration should be taking place regarding NO.

Lzen 11-30-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass
Where do you get off?

In the bathroom? With a jar of Vaseline?

Duck Dog 11-30-2005 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter
Apparentlly, anyone who suggests a correlation between socio-economic status and race.... is a racist, I guess. Demographic statistics be damned....:shrug:

Correct, because idiots (see Clint), think only blacks are poor and that only blacks run down cities and towns. The perceptions about NO seem real enough to me. I have watched and witnessed the city bus nearly every working age person that was displaced out of the city in a time when their labor is needed the most. That tells me, that NO is ripe for the pickens for anyone interested in working, earning a living and making a once dirty, filthy cesspool into a nice upper-middle and above city.

Brock 11-30-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
That there might be the source of the disconnect. Most people, at least myself and my take on most people, aren't opposed to rebuilding NO simply because it's shitty an rundown. It's not about disliking NOeans and 'darkies' on general premise. It's because it's an artificially maintained urban center in a dangerous and constantly shifting place. It's built on eons of silt wash and sits below sea level. While it lasted, it was a great place, and it was a miracle it lasted so long.
It's analogous to driving an ancient beater for years, even though it smoked and gulped oil as fast as it burned gasoline. But you keep driving it because it runs and you don't have enough money to either do the repairs or buy a new car. But when that day comes, and you knew it would, that the radiator empties, and the block cracks, and you have fluids spewing from every oriface and angle, it's time to bite the bullet and buy yourself another beater instead of pouring money into a terminal case.
Plenty of cities in the MS river flood plain relocated to higher ground after the 93 flood. The same consideration should be taking place regarding NO.

STFU , you fuggin racist.

Mr. Kotter 11-30-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

... It's not about disliking NOeans and 'darkies' on general premise. It's because it's an artificially maintained urban center in a dangerous and constantly shifting place. It's built on eons of silt wash and sits below sea level.

...Plenty of cities in the MS river flood plain relocated to higher ground after the 93 flood. The same consideration should be taking place regarding NO.

Yup.

Halfcan 11-30-2005 01:47 PM

nope not worth 32 bucks. let all the homeless people have it.

Brock 11-30-2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Dog
Correct, because idiots (see Clint), think only blacks are poor and that only blacks run down cities and towns.

Are you kidding? Clint lives in the White Trash Capitol of the US.

He's only arguing to argue.

Clint in Wichita 11-30-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Are you kidding? Clint lives in the White Trash Capitol of the US.
He's only arguing to argue.

That's why I'm an expert on "White Trash", and the tactics they use to make racist statements while leaving themselves just enough wiggle room to say, "I'm no racist, you are!" when confronted about their BS.

chagrin 11-30-2005 02:57 PM

Quote:

"Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is!"

stevieray 11-30-2005 09:54 PM

I've read where most aren't going back, and hispanics will be the new occupants.