ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Did Roaf retire because he did not want to be associated with a conservative offense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=154729)

htismaqe 12-19-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
Exactly, Mr. htismaqe. We were more like the Triceratops.

FAX

I tend to think of armadillos. Marty reminds me of an armadillo too.

Calcountry 12-19-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
What I dont get is all the bashing of the OC? Herm is the fucking Coach and has been doing this pathetic Shit for years in NYJ.. Solari is his first year.

Everyone here keeps saying give herm a chance, a chance for what? To be a total fuckup like in NY?

If you give Herm (a repeat offender a chance) you have to Give solari more than one year as well....

Which is all the more reason that Carl should go. Herm is Carls boy.

tk13 12-19-2006 12:24 PM

I'm pretty sure our defense is an opossum. They've been playing dead for almost 10 years now.

FAX 12-19-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I tend to think of armadillos. Marty reminds me of an armadillo too.

No, I mean in years past, Mr. htismaqe. We were Triceratops then. Now, we're like armadillos. We can't cross the highway without getting a good smushing.

The highway being a conceptual metaphor for the goal line, of course.

FAX

htismaqe 12-19-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
No, I mean in years past, Mr. htismaqe. We were Triceratops then. Now, we're like armadillos. We can't cross the highway without getting a good smushing.

The highway being a conceptual metaphor for the goal line, of course.

FAX

Triceratops under Marty?

Marty was definitely an armadillo. He looked impenetrable until the playoffs, and then he'd curl up in a ball and hope the bad people would just go away...

Baby Lee 12-19-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

I'm just messing with you dude.

Seriously, you're equating the lion with BLOODLETTING. Of course, you're going to associate that with defense.

I equate the lion with the aggressor. Our offense, under Vermeil, was MOST CERTAINLY an aggressor. They definitely weren't the antelope, looking to avoid capture. The St. Louis offense may have been such, but ours wasn't.

I'm not denying that there can be some Antelopes with serious cajones, unafraid to traipse right through the pride and dare someone to take them down.
And I'm not denying that there can be some lazy-assed Lions that couldn't secure a meal if it was plopped down in front of them with it's neck broke.
So, during the Vermiel years, we had some bad-ass Antelopes whose nutsacks were visible from space, and some lazy-ass zoo-fed Lions who sat around sunning themselves all day.

FAX 12-19-2006 12:27 PM

We are not opossums. They have nasty, dangerous teeth. We are either armadillos or whiny antelope.

Probably armadillos.

FAX

FAX 12-19-2006 12:30 PM

Quote:

Triceratops under Marty?

Marty was definitely an armadillo. He looked impenetrable until the playoffs, and then he'd curl up in a ball and hope the bad people would just go away...

No, we were Triceratops under Vermeil. Our middle horn was Priest, our left curly horn was Trich, our right curly horn was Dunn, and our big flat thing sticking up on our neck was our oline.

Under Marty, we were armadillos. That is correct.

FAX

Reerun_KC 12-19-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
No, we were Triceratops under Vermeil. Our middle horn was Priest, our left curly horn was Trich, our right curly horn was Dunn, and our big flat thing sticking up on our neck was our oline.

Under Marty, we were armadillos. That is correct.

FAX

Armadillos? so you mean we were great and played within our shell, but when the lights were the brightest, we just froze up and got ran over?

Very intuative

htismaqe 12-19-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Armadillos? so you mean we were great and played within our shell, but when the lights were the brightest, we just froze up and got ran over?

Are you suggesting the Schottenheimer Chiefs were a snapping turtle? :D

Calcountry 12-19-2006 12:35 PM

We are more like a Hyena, dragging its but away from the dogs so they can't bite it. Waiting for the scraps that the dogs will leave us.

Reerun_KC 12-19-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
We are more like a Hyena, dragging its but away from the dogs so they can't bite it. Waiting for the scraps that the dogs will leave us.

sounds more Like Carl to me, always waiting for the scraps, never willing to go out and make the kill himself.

Reerun_KC 12-19-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Are you suggesting the Schottenheimer Chiefs were a snapping turtle? :D

nah, I am going to stick with the Dillos, Marty's teams was afraid to bite.

GROB 12-19-2006 12:55 PM

I thought Herms idea of being aggresive was punting on 3rd down instead of 2nd.