ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

Mizzou_8541 04-30-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 4725011)
only been playing it for about 25 mins but so far it is the Greatest game ive ever played.

Does the game take different paths, with one being the correct path and the other incorrect?

For example...in one of the first few missions where vlad wants you to kill some dude, and he's hanging on the railing, you are given an option to either kill him, or help him.

What if you ignore romans calls while driving to pick up michelle or something?

Ultra Peanut 04-30-2008 12:16 PM

I still can't get over how much more visceral it is to shoot or run over someone now. And when you're up close and the blood splatters on the camera or the windshield, wow. Everything has so much more weight that it's almost kind of disturbing.

(And also incredibly fun.)

Jenson71 04-30-2008 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 4727964)
Does the game take different paths, with one being the correct path and the other incorrect?

For example...in one of the first few missions where vlad wants you to kill some dude, and he's hanging on the railing, you are given an option to either kill him, or help him.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Ultra, any idea?

HC_Chief 04-30-2008 12:27 PM

LCHC is the greatest radio station evar! I wish I could get that shit here.

HC_Chief 04-30-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

I went ahead and picked up Michelle, rather than go off to save his dumb fat ass. After the date I got a call from the hospital :D When I picked him up he bitched a bit but was more interested in Michelle's titties. hehe

oaklandhater 04-30-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

I let the guy live that I was chaseing Vlad for then I did a few missions saved went and loaded my old Save and killed the guy I was getting the same missions both times.

As for Roman I ignored his calls twice and he just kept geting more and more pissed no change in story line as far as i can tell.

Later on in the game there seems to be a big choice between a Drug dealer and his mentor whois names I wont Say.

The Franchise 04-30-2008 12:42 PM

I think I'm going to pick it up tonight.

Mizzou_8541 04-30-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 4728014)
I let the guy live that I was chaseing Vlad for then I did a few missions saved went and loaded my old Save and killed the guy I was getting the same missions both times.

As for Roman I ignored his calls twice and he just kept geting more and more pissed no change in story line as far as i can tell.

Later on in the game there seems to be a big choice between a Drug dealer and his mentor whois names I wont Say.

Great, thank you sir.

BigChiefFan 04-30-2008 01:23 PM

It's too cool to take somebody's car and see them hold on to the door handle. I was blown away the first time I saw it. I would say the beginning of the game is a little slow, but necessary to get you acclimated to the game. The more you play the better it gets. The world is huge-I've played for close to 10 hours and there's only a few things that I even recognize. The GPS is off the hook. Very worth the purchase. 10 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface. Wow.

BWillie 04-30-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4727450)
I don't see how anyone could enjoy the game as much without adjusting the brightness all the way to its highest level. The detail just explodes at you.

I won't be able to play the game today, and probably not tomorrow either. :(:(

I was wondering that! I thought my TV was just messed up or something. The game is really dark. How far up did you move the brightness up before you found the optimal level?

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 02:53 PM

Anyone mastered drunk driving yet?

Jenson71 04-30-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4728123)
I was wondering that! I thought my TV was just messed up or something. The game is really dark. How far up did you move the brightness up before you found the optimal level?

I have it all the way up, although one or two notches from the top would probably work too. I also messed around with the contrast. I think I moved it up two notches.

kcxiv 04-30-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4728301)
Anyone mastered drunk driving yet?

I dont think you can. just like in real life. lol

oaklandhater 04-30-2008 03:42 PM

Has any one else tried the online the reviewers werent lying when they said it would sell easily on its own.

QuikSsurfer 04-30-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4728384)
I dont think you can. just like in real life. lol

I was laughing uncontrollably when we were stumbling out of the bar and i'm wobbling straight for the car :)
I knew many people would lose their lives that night.