ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU Way to take the high road, k"u" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187278)

Spott 07-15-2008 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4848955)
You know the one that irritates me most? The world series of poker. Who wants to watch other guys sit around and play cards. And it's not a sport. :mad:

That has nothing to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

I feel the same way about golf.

Frazod 07-15-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4848955)
You know the one that irritates me most? The world series of poker. Who wants to watch other guys sit around and play cards. And it's not a sport. :mad:

That has nothing to do with anything, just thought I'd throw it out there.

And speaking of poker - when did Texas Hold'Em become THE ONLY POKER GAME ALLOWED TO BE PLAYED IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE?????

Good lord, this went from a game I never heard of to the only thing people will play, nearly overnight. I was playing cards with my neighbor and some of his yuppie friends; after an hour and a half of Texas Hold'em I suggested we try dealer's choice - perhaps some 7 card stud, or draw, or low hole wild, fuck, ANYTHING DIFFERENT, at least for a few hands. They looked at me like I'd just shit in the middle of the table.

:shake:

StcChief 07-15-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4849033)
And speaking of poker - when did Texas Hold'Em become THE ONLY POKER GAME ALLOWED TO BE PLAYED IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE?????

Good lord, this went from a game I never heard of to the only thing people will play, nearly overnight. I was playing cards with my neighbor and some of his yuppie friends; after an hour and a half of Texas Hold'em I suggested we try dealer's choice - perhaps some 7 card stud, or draw, or low hole wild, fuck, ANYTHING DIFFERENT, at least for a few hands. They looked at me like I'd just shit in the middle of the table.

:shake:

probably didn't know how....

Braincase 07-15-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4848957)
I view soccer and basketball about the same, actually. One man's wondersport is another's force-fed hype, I guess.

I'm calling bullshit on this one. If you were a fan of a team that had won half of the conference titles they'd ever competed for, you'd be a basketball fan, too.

Frazod 07-15-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 4849109)
I'm calling bullshit on this one. If you were a fan of a team that had won half of the conference titles they'd ever competed for, you'd be a basketball fan, too.

I'd be happy about it, but I still wouldn't really care.

I did NOT watch basketball as a kid. EVER. At any level. Never liked it; never played it. Really.

I lived in CHICAGO during the 90s. Michael Jordan and six championships couldn't give me anything more than a lukewarm interest in the sport (I did go to a couple of games, though, because nobody turned down Bulls tickets back then). Seriously. I just don't care for it.