ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Please no more Orakpo talk (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199798)

Frankie 01-06-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5361404)
I'd say he's a black jared allen

He is not built like JA and doesn't rush in JA's style.

Frankie 01-06-2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5361420)
Orakpo to me at the next level is a strong side end, he puts on 15-20lbs and plays over RT.

This.

Frankie 01-06-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5361441)
What do you do with Tamba?

Do you move Tamba back to RE or do you demote him and leave Babin where he is?

I don't think Mecca meant to say let's draft Orakpo at LDE.

Tribal Warfare 01-06-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 5361746)
He is not built like JA and doesn't rush in JA's style.

doesn't have the same explosion off the ball

Brock 01-06-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 5361607)
Can I mention according to some on the board Long was just an average LT that wouldnt make a difference to his team...:shake:

Can I mention that we got just as good a LT about 15 spots later?

Frankie 01-06-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5361477)
After that you're stuck with taking an OT just to take best available athlete. Not my first choice.

That would not be the end of the world.

Frankie 01-06-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 5361481)
My concern is, if Stafford is gone, and Bradford is there on 3rd, I sure hope that we trade out to get in the 10-15 range, where we HOPE that Sanchez will be avaiable. Hell, I'll go somewhere between 6-8, and reach him a little bit, if I have to....

I don't regard Stafford as highly as you do. That said, I would love a trade down to the 7-9 area. There I would be satisfied with either Sanchez or Rey M. Trouble is trade downs are becoming more and more rare.

Demonpenz 01-06-2009 09:23 AM

hopefully this will be our highest pick in awhile need to hit big on whoever we take. Taking a solid player would actually be a groaner

EyePod 01-06-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5361436)
Honestly, who actually looks like a legit Top 5 pick right now?

It's starting to look like Stafford and Sanchez, and a bunch of question marks.

Huge concern about Bradford being a spread QB.

Andre Smith's weight/footowrk may keep him from being a LT.

Monroe?

Oher?

Mays?

Michael Johnson and Aaron Curry seem to be top 5 worthy picks. I'd be fine with either of those. I think Maualuga is a stretch but I wouldn't freak. Also, Crabtree (but not for us though, too many other needs).

EyePod 01-06-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 5361441)
What do you do with Tamba?

Do you move Tamba back to RE or do you demote him and leave Babin where he is?

Or do you see who is available in the later rounds and pick from there?

Free Agent RDE?

I repeat, Michael Johnson at LDE.

Demonpenz 01-06-2009 09:31 AM

I wouldn't freak with Smith or crab tree both are freaks and we aren't ready to compete tfor a title right now anyway. I know you don't pay RT 5 pick money, but it would be nice you sure up both sides of our line and have depth at left tackle.

Coogs 01-06-2009 09:33 AM

So let's say QB does not wind up being an option at #3 and Taylor mays does become an option. Do Morgan and Mays play the same position, or could they both wind up on the field as our safties? Morgan, Mays, Flowers, Carr, and Leggit sounds like one heck of a good secondary.

EyePod 01-06-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 5361819)
So let's say QB does not wind up being an option at #3 and Taylor mays does become an option. Do Morgan and Mays play the same position, or could they both wind up on the field as our safties? Morgan, Mays, Flowers, Carr, and Leggit sounds like one heck of a good secondary.

Also, I think Pollard is underutilized. I really wish we tried using him as a blitzer safety like Adrian Wilson

EyePod 01-06-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 5361815)
I wouldn't freak with Smith or crab tree both are freaks and we aren't ready to compete tfor a title right now anyway. I know you don't pay RT 5 pick money, but it would be nice you sure up both sides of our line and have depth at left tackle.

The only thing that scares me about this is Levi Brown. Although he isn't a stud like smith and was called lazy before the draft.

Coogs 01-06-2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 5361821)
Also, I think Pollard is underutilized. I really wish we tried using him as a blitzer safety like Adrian Wilson

Maybe, but all reports last off season were that Morgan was a complete stud. Injuries kind of slowed his progress this season. If he is what he is cracked up to be, and Mays is a #3 pick, there may not be much room left for a guy who has not really been all that consistant in his first three years on a very crappy defense.