ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So what exactly has Pioli done? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200220)

Amnorix 01-13-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 5386232)
And a video camera

Had a perfect regular season?

Amnorix 01-13-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 (Post 5386345)
Give me Parcells as a head coach and LT and I'll go win 2 Super Bowls as a defensive coordinator as well

:shake: That's why the DEFENSIVE game plan for the SB against the Bills is in Canton?

Also, read some books on the Giants of that era and you'll learn that Bill ran the defense completely.

Amnorix 01-13-2009 09:29 PM

The reality is that BB and SP have had joint player recruitment responsibilities, and worked as a complete team.

You can't tell where one begins and the other ends on the player acquisition side of things. So everythign that they did bad they did together, and everything that they did well they did together.

On balance, there is a HELL of alot more good than bad. What else is there to know? If SP ran the whole operation in New England, then you wouldn't have had a chance to get him.

RealSNR 01-13-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 5388052)
Maybe, but he was almost dead on with those 06 predictions

You're missing the point.

Those aren't predictions. That's a smattering of diarrhea on a computer screen. It takes no thought whatsoever to make a post like that. All he did was make a list of the possible bad shit scenarios that might happen to the team.

What, you mean like if our starting QB goes down and we lose the best LT in the game to injury? Or if our defense still hasn't been fixed and is bad? ANY team with a bad defense, no QB, and a backup LT is going to suck.

He didn't say anything. At all.

Buzzsaw 01-13-2009 10:15 PM

It's possible for both Pioli to be a great GM, AND for Belichick to be a great coach. You'll drive yourselves nuts trying to figure out which one is more responsible for New England's success.

And really, if Pioli has done nothing other than identify and draft Tom Brady, well, that could be one of the best moves an NFL General Manager has ever made. There's no downside, nothing negative whatsoever, about hiring Pioli. Dumb thread. JMO.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2009 10:21 PM

Pioli actually sired Tom Brady. You know, like Palpatine and Anakin?

B_Ambuehl 08-31-2009 01:11 PM

Uh Oh. Things aren't looking good for either McDaniels or Pioli.

McDaniels has given us the funniest and most entertaining offseason ever.

The moves occuring at 1 arrowhead drive don't exactly promote the idea of a stable and successful organization either.

B_Ambuehl 09-28-2009 11:38 AM

Lolz. This shit gets better every week.

Anyone watch #91 from the Pats? Watch him play, watch our d-lineman play, and compare where they were drafted. That should effectively destroy any and all doubts of who was in charge in NE.

Tiger's Fan 09-28-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 6119564)
Lolz. This shit gets better every week.

Anyone watch #91 from the Pats? Watch him play, watch our d-lineman play, and compare where they were drafted. That should effectively destroy any and all doubts of who was in charge in NE.

All this time hasn't made the Chiefs any better, or you any smarter. Congrats!

Amnorix 09-28-2009 11:55 AM

See my avatar.

Christofire 09-28-2009 12:02 PM

I have no problem with skepticism of Pioli, but I'm a little wary of the "he hasn't won anything without Belichick" argument. By that argument, Belichick as a head coach hasn't won anything without Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel.

The Pats had the perfect team and coaching chemistry in their title years, and through player acquisition and coaching evolution, let's hope Pioli and Haley find it for KC.

FloridaMan88 09-28-2009 12:18 PM

Pioli shit-canning Herm will always earn him a special place in my heart

DaWolf 09-28-2009 12:24 PM

Pioli also went 5-11 year 1 in New England, where they inherited an 8-8 team. So to assume his style is to make things worse before they get better would be accurate, but we'd also be wise to give him more than 3 regular season games before passing judgment...

B_Ambuehl 09-28-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

I have no problem with skepticism of Pioli, but I'm a little wary of the "he hasn't won anything without Belichick" argument. By that argument, Belichick as a head coach hasn't won anything without Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel.
It doesn't have anything to do with coaching. The idea is according to the media and many here Pioli was largely responsible for Belichik's success as talent evaluator and decision maker and not the other way around. My skepticism of that was the reason for the OP.* By now I think it's become fairly clear that Pioli has been more hype than substance. I think a fair question at this point is whether he's even done a single thing right since he's been here.

* For evidence look at the drafts - Pioli drafted a DE/DT #3 overall that isn't even as good as Belichiks 6th rnd draft choice.

JD10367 09-28-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6119719)
Pioli also went 5-11 year 1 in New England, where they inherited an 8-8 team. So to assume his style is to make things worse before they get better would be accurate, but we'd also be wise to give him more than 3 regular season games before passing judgment...

Not only that, but the Pats were in rebuilding mode. The plan went perfect, as it took a few years to build a solid team, and they won the '03 and '04 SBs. But the '01 SB? Really, that was kind of a fluke that the team made that run. The Pats' plan was probably to milk another season or two out of Bledsoe, and find another QB through the draft or trade, and maybe see what the Brady kid could do. Mo Lewis escalated that plan. If Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt, that team maybe flounders half a season before Belichick pulls the plug on Bledsoe and puts Brady in, and maybe they don't make the playoffs. Point being, I wouldn't even expect great things from the Chiefs next season, or even 2011. It takes time to build a solid team--and I don't just mean on the field. Shit, any team can get lucky enough to get to the SB. Look at the '02 Raiders and Bucs. How'd that work out in the long run? There are very few stable organizations: the Pats are one, Pitt is another, the Colts as well. You want to build a juggernaut, not a flash-in-the-pan.

Granted, after the seasons of suffering, you probably wouldn't mind a flash-in-the-pan out there. And Pioli probably could've kept Gonzalez, and made a few other moves to make the Chiefs very viable in '09--you know, sign a proven veteran QB, pay top-dollar for a pricey FA, etc.,. And maybe the Chiefs are a solid 8-8, 9-7, maybe even make a wildcard spot. Win a SB this year? Probably not. But the season sure would've made him look good, no? But instead Pioli and Haley seem to be choosing to build a solid foundation, clean out the closets, start from the ground up, to try to build a winning organization that will last a decade, not a season.