ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Boardwalk Empire (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229217)

tomahawk kid 10-19-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 7101418)
What the....no Steve Buscemi sex scene? Well, f**k this show.

Dude - there's been 2 or 3 - all equally disturbing.

gblowfish 10-19-2010 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 7101418)
What the....no Steve Buscemi sex scene? Well, f**k this show.

Why on EARTH would you feel cheated not seeing that?
He gets boned and blown in previous episodes by his live in girlfriend.

blazzin311 10-19-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 7045900)
I disagree, I like Buscemi as the main guy and I am really interested to see how the Rothstein plot line plays out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 7081237)
This!

It's not the Sopranos or BOB but its well made TV.

Agreed on all accounts. Is it HBOs best as you've mentioned? No it's not...having said that it's still entertaining, though be it perhaps a bit slow for some people's taste. I would bet for those that do think it has started slow that things are gonna pick up here eventually. I'd be willing to bet the second half of the season packs a bigger punch than the first half. Hell the first half of a season for many tv shows are slow...there must be a storyline built and characters built up around the story line first though. That's what I believe Boardwalk Empire has done thus far. I expect it to keep getting better the rest of the way though.

LaChapelle 10-22-2010 09:56 PM

This show is nothing more than a leftwing Hollywood smear campaign
before the mid-term elections -Republicans buying votes with ill gotten loot
Of course out of Hollywood the corpt boozing whorehounds are republicans

BigRedChief 10-27-2010 01:19 PM

I loved the scenes with Capone and his taking over the other boss's terriotory. The violence was made to be real, they didn't sugar coat it but didn't go overboard into cartoonish ala Taratino.

vailpass 10-27-2010 04:26 PM

Mr. Pink does a great job as Nooky. The self-flagellating Prohibition Officer is a strange duck. The portrayal of the time period is well done, I enjoy the little details very much. Well, at least most of them.

KCUnited 11-07-2010 11:04 AM

Finally got caught up on this last night. While it is a terrific show, I find that I don't get enough out of each episode to watch it every week. I prefer to wait 2 or 3 weeks and watch them back to back and get my fix on.

tomahawk kid 11-08-2010 11:39 AM

I thought last night's episode did a nice job of ratcheting things up a bit.

I gotta be honest, I didn't foresee the Prohibition Agent sending the $ to Jimmy's baby's momma.

BigRedChief 11-09-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 7158541)
I thought last night's episode did a nice job of ratcheting things up a bit.

I gotta be honest, I didn't foresee the Prohibition Agent sending the $ to Jimmy's baby's momma.

yep, best episode yet. Well done TV.

irishjayhawk 11-09-2010 06:54 PM

SHOOTER McGAVIN!

eazyb81 11-15-2010 10:53 AM

Whoever expected the show to heat up in the 2nd half was right on the money. I didn't like this show early on, but I stayed with it to see if it would catch on for me, and it definitely has.

I am expecting these last 3 episodes to be fantastic.

Pushead2 11-15-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7174272)
Whoever expected the show to heat up in the 2nd half was right on the money. I didn't like this show early on, but I stayed with it to see if it would catch on for me, and it definitely has.

Same here

irishjayhawk 11-15-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7174272)

I'm all for slow burns but I was growing weary a bit, if I'm honest. But there's always a well-placed spark. First, when they kill the four guys in Chicago. Second, the cabbie shooting the witness.

tomahawk kid 11-16-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishjayhawk (Post 7175869)
I'm all for slow burns but I was growing weary a bit, if I'm honest. But there's always a well-placed spark. First, when they kill the four guys in Chicago. Second, the cabbie shooting the witness.

Who knew the short little german butler could handle a sidearm?

Great Expectations 11-16-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid (Post 7176863)
Who knew the short little german butler could handle a sidearm?

He really likes the ladies, the last few times Nucky has called on him to leave he was with a girl. I think it is setting something up.