ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Official "It's time for me to eat shit on the McCluster pick" Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234150)

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042036)
I haven't see him do anything when he is lined up in the slot this year and it's been 3 games now. If he has to line up in the backfield to be effective it's pointless because we already have Charles.

Look, I think he's a great player. But the chiefs haven't found a way to exploit that yet out of the slot and it's starting to worry me.

How in God's name can anything about that game "worry" you? Just because every player we have hasn't blown up the fantasy scores, doesn't mean they won't continue to contribute. He's being worked into the offense. He's a rookie who just finished his 3rd game and he's already won rookie of the week. Just have a little patience for God's sake.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7042056)
In 3 games, he only has 2 touchdowns. I'm worried, too.

I'm just saying he needs to be productive in the offense from the slot or it's a redundant pick.

Thus far he hasn't been productive from the slot

Brock 09-26-2010 09:33 PM

A couple of weeks ago, he hadn't yet been a threat on punt returns. Until today, he hadn't really been a pass catching threat. It's WEEK 3.

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042066)
Who says Charles couldn't have done that. He caught that pass out of the backfield with Charles out. It's not like Charles is being overworked.

Look at his offensive production in previous 2 games too.

If we spent a 2nd round pick to get a guy that does what Charles does and has to take Charles out of the game to do, what is the point?

Because when they're both in the game you have to account for BOTH of them. /obvious

kysirsoze 09-26-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042085)
I'm just saying he needs to be productive in the offense from the slot or it's a redundant pick.

And you are just wrong. Sorry.

DBOSHO 09-26-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042085)

He got a touchdown today. Ill tale 4 tds from a rookie slot reciever

DBOSHO 09-26-2010 09:36 PM

I dont think you realize that dexter affects the defense even if he doesnt get the ball. He draws coverage away from our other recievers

BossChief 09-26-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042066)
Who says Charles couldn't have done that. He caught that pass out of the backfield with Charles out. It's not like Charles is being overworked.

Look at his offensive production in previous 2 games too.

If we spent a 2nd round pick to get a guy that does what Charles does and has to take Charles out of the game to do, what is the point?

if you truly believe what you typed in this post, just go buy a gun and shoot yourself.

"we dont need two Jamaal Charles type guys on this team, it was a wasted pick"

:facepalm:

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7042083)
How in God's name can anything about that game "worry" you? Just because every player we have hasn't blown up the fantasy scores, doesn't mean they won't continue to contribute. He's being worked into the offense. He's a rookie who just finished his 3rd game and he's already won rookie of the week. Just have a little patience for God's sake.

I just said i wasn't ready to call him a good pick yet. I agree we need to see if they can figure out a way to use him effectively without having to take Charles off the field.

Plus lots of recievers take longer to figure it out their rookie year so of course i'm willing to give him time.

I'm just not going to proclaim him a success yet like some have.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7042104)
He got a touchdown today. Ill tale 4 tds from a rookie slot reciever

TD was out of the backfield with Charles out of the game not out of slot. He has done little lined up out of the slot this year.

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigodan (Post 7042146)
TD was out of the backfield with Charles out of the game not out of slot. He has done little lined up out of the slot this year.

Why do you ****ing care where he is lining up? How could it possibly matter? They could put him at tackle eligible and I wouldn't care as long as we get the TD.

KCHawg 09-26-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 7042164)
Why do you ****ing care where he is lining up? How could it possibly matter? They could put him at tackle eligible and I wouldn't care as long as we get the TD.

This.

DBOSHO 09-26-2010 09:50 PM

Only a chiefs fan could wine about a 31-10 beatdown

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 7042195)
Only a chiefs fan could wine about a 31-10 beatdown

Chiefs fan/MU fan.

Rigodan 09-26-2010 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7042115)
if you truly believe what you typed in this post, just go buy a gun and shoot yourself.

"we dont need two Jamaal Charles type guys on this team, it was a wasted pick"

:facepalm:

Obviously, two JC types is awesome. but if both of them are only effective out of the backfield and we have Thomas Jones too, that is overkill.

I'm waiting for the Chiefs to figure out how to use them both effectively at the same time which they havent done yet. Dex had 12 total yards of offense in his first 2 games. Pardon me if I wait and see before I proclaim him a success.