ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****Official 2011 ChiefsPlanet Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242250)

milkman 03-04-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7466002)
Can the Bengals trade their 4th pick for a real head coach?

The problem in Cincinatti isn't the head coach.

Much like the Redskins, the Bengals are ****ed because of ownership.

Marvin Lewis has tried to get Mike Brown to stay away from players in the draft with questionable character, to no avail.

He signed a contract extension a couple of months ago, and says that he was given some concessions in order to get him to re-sign, and I would assume that includes a different philosophy in the draft.

Chiefnj2 03-04-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7465959)
I'll chime in on the Peterson discussion. I've posted this before in another thread.

Peterson is a very good CB. Great size, athleticism, and a physical player. However, he's overrated IMO. He's not the caliber of a Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, or Darrelle Revis but is better coming out of college than Terrance Newman, Quentin Jammer, and Malcom Jenkins.

I'd rather have Joe Haden who I think is a better cover corner than Peterson, just shorter (and slower in 40 time). Haden had an outstanding rookie season for the Browns.

Personally, I think Jimmy Smith is better in coverage than Peterson or Amakumura. He is a really good bump and run guy, but his tackling isn't as good.

Amakamura doesn't play as fast as his timed speed. You can watch Blackmon beat him to a pulp on highlight clips. He gets behind him many times.

The Franchise 03-04-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7465807)
I'll ask this and be done with it.

You're building a team from scratch.

If given the choice between Greg Jennings and Darrelle Revis, who would you pick.

Dude....not even close in comparisons.

And I'm not taking Peterson because the need and value don't match up for the Panthers.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-04-2011 10:58 AM

I know this seems crazy because the Bengals have a pretty big hole at 3 technique, their QB wants out, they are going to need a #1 WR and they just gave Jonathan Joseph a 1st and 3rd tender, but this guy is just too damned good to pass up.

I think Fairley will be good, but he worries me
Dareus doesn't really stand out
I don't know what to think of Newton
Jones wasn't a top 10 pick before the Combine
The Bengals don't need undersized edge rushers
There aren't any Eric Berry's available at SS this year (which is a damned vortex in this draft)

This kid is just the best player, period. He's a very, very rare talent.

The Cincinnati Bengals select Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU

Peterson gives them three quality CBs. If they are facing a base package, I think he's athletically gifted enough that they could use him similar to the way that the Packers use Woodson, but more than anything, I want him taking away half the field, and I want Hall and Joseph there to feast on the QBs need to put it elsewhere.

Archie Bunker 03-04-2011 11:51 AM

Well Deez pretty much made this pick for me by taking the only QB I would touch this high. I'm just not sold on Newton's accuracy and brains to take him this high and hand him the keys to my franchise. I might regret it in a few years but for some reason I doubt it.

With QBs off the board, Bradford in St. Louis and an offensive wiz like Harbaugh in SF, this pick makes itself. It's time to beef up the D and get someone to terrorize QBs out of our 3-4. I think this guy can be a cornerstone for the Cards.

The Arizona Cardinals select Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M

Direckshun 03-04-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7466160)
Dude....not even close in comparisons.

And I'm not taking Peterson because the need and value don't match up for the Panthers.

I wouldn't select Peterson #1 overall anyway. But he's the best talent.

I would have gone Newton or Dareus.

The Franchise 03-04-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7466425)
I wouldn't select Peterson #1 overall anyway. But he's the best talent.

I would have gone Newton or Dareus.

I'm not taking a player that has one year of work.

Direckshun 03-04-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7466430)
I'm not taking a player that has one year of work.

Right because that would be a poor use of your franchise's payroll, right? Unless making NFL history by selecting a WR without elite size or speed #1 overall.

The Franchise 03-04-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7466435)
Right because that would be a poor use of your franchise's payroll, right? Unless making NFL history by selecting a WR without elite size or speed #1 overall.

Dude....where exactly are you getting this elite size and speed shit?

Height: 6-4. Weight: 211.
Combine 40 Time: 4.48.

Direckshun 03-04-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7466455)
Dude....where exactly are you getting this elite size and speed shit?

Height: 6-4. Weight: 211.
Combine 40 Time: 4.48.

That's good size/speed. That ain't Calvin Johnson.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-04-2011 12:30 PM

You can have elite size without having CJ size. Green has that. Besides, it's not his size/speed that makes him a rare talent, it's his ability to control his body in space for his size.

DaKCMan AP 03-04-2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7466435)

Give it up already.

Have you never heard of Keyshawn Johnson?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-04-2011 12:37 PM

Anyone else find it funny that Hootie bitched out of the other mock?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-04-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7466500)
Give it up already.

Have you never heard of Keyshawn Johnson?

This.

I hate when these early picks turn into holy wars. The guy didn't draft Jon Baldwin #1 overall.

If you want to snipe on someone for a pick you thought was a reach, fine, but it doesn't need to go on endlessly.

Relative to the needs of the team and the talent on the board, it's a perfectly logical pick. In pads, the guy looks like the best player in the class. Stop making the draft a referendum on whether or not people followed your board.

The Franchise 03-04-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7466502)
Anyone else find it funny that Hootie bitched out of the other mock?

I found it hilarious.