ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Miami booster scandal, with Frank Haith mentioned. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248568)

Rams Fan 08-16-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7830632)
I'd think Fuller as HC could keep the class, right?

I would think so. He recruited for Pitino, right?

DJ's left nut 08-16-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 7830636)
great recruiter... but he said it himself when he signed on with haith, that he could not be a head coach.

Tough shit, skip.

We need our recruiting class and we'll find you a crusty old bastard to manage the game. Next year, you can have your backup chair back if you want it.

Haith cannot stay, he absolutely cannot stay. There's way too much at stake given the instability of the current conference structure to be seen as soft on folks that blow off the NCAA.

They have to fire him.

Rams Fan 08-16-2011 09:20 PM

Nestor could be interim HC for a season, but I think he's too old to be an interim HC. He's 65 but does have HC experience.

Don't know much about Chew.

So I think if Haith was fired and they wanted an interim HC from the staff, it would be either Nestor or Fuller, with Nestor probably having the advantage since he has HC experience.

Rams Fan 08-16-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevo_410 (Post 7830636)
great recruiter... but he said it himself when he signed on with haith, that he could not be a head coach.

If Haith was fired, there's no one out there. Him and Nestor would be the best short term options, with Fuller possibly being the best long term option.

Sure-Oz 08-16-2011 09:24 PM

FakeFrankHaith Fake Frank Haith
by shizzyrocks
Jeez people, you can't trust the internet! Some will believe ANYTHING they read in an 11-month investigative and fully corroborative story..

DJ's left nut 08-16-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7830650)
If Haith was fired, there's no one out there. Him and Nestor would be the best short term options, with Fuller possibly being the best long term option.

So let Fuller learn on the job with Nestor providing the training.

They're playing with fire for a seriously mediocre coach.

If you're trying to figure out a way to keep Bill Self or Mike Krszasdljksi - fine; I get it.

If you're putting the reputation of your entire athletic department (and to a degree, your entire university) at risk to protect Frank ****ing Haith - there's a serious problem there.

There are no alternatives here - burn the asshole and move along. Figure out what to do about the coaching staff later.

Param 08-16-2011 09:26 PM

I didn't know Mizzou grabbed our crappy basketball coach.

DJ's left nut 08-16-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 7830666)
I didn't know Mizzou grabbed our crappy basketball coach.

Then bow out because you're clearly an ignorant ****stain.

But then again, we knew that already.

Rams Fan 08-16-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7830661)
So let Fuller learn on the job with Nestor providing the training.

They're playing with fire for a seriously mediocre coach.

If you're trying to figure out a way to keep Bill Self or Mike Krszasdljksi - fine; I get it.

If you're putting the reputation of your entire athletic department (and to a degree, your entire university) at risk to protect Frank ****ing Haith - there's a serious problem there.

There are no alternatives here - burn the asshole and move along. Figure out what to do about the coaching staff later.

I pretty much agree with you, but there's no point in firing Haith yet unless it turns out he was involved big time.

DJ's left nut 08-16-2011 09:30 PM

Hey - does anyone know what Dave Bliss is up to these days? I'll be he's available.

Larry Eustachy?

Home run ****ing hires right there, Alden. Home run hires, cocksmoke.

How 'bout you fly a private plane into Tony LaRussa's hotel room and do us all a really big favor.

Bambi 08-16-2011 09:30 PM

How do you not find this stuff out during the hiring process?

Brock 08-16-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7830673)
I pretty much agree with you, but there's no point in firing Haith yet unless it turns out he was involved big time.

LMAO wut?

DJ's left nut 08-16-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7830673)

Perception is reality.

If even the allegations that have already been made are true (and the corroborating evidence is pretty damning), that's enough to show him the door.

This is big time college athletics and Frank Haith is a shitty coach as it is. You absolutely, unquestionably, do NOT risk the reputation of your program for a guy like Frank goddamn Haith.

He needs to go.

Param 08-16-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 7830671)
Then bow out because you're clearly an ignorant ****stain.

But then again, we knew that already.

Ignorant? You grabbed our trash. Thanks Mizzou.

DJ's left nut 08-16-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negreppedson (Post 7830677)
How do you not find this stuff out during the hiring process?

Must've been handled by Lew Perkins.

Seriously - die in a fire and get the **** out of the thread. The moral high ground here resides somewhere in sweet Lou's basement or trapped between one of Jabba Mangino's chins.