ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Batman Arkham City rocks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251291)

Bump 10-23-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8037622)
I'm going to pick up AA GOTY tomorrow. Going to get in on this trend yo!

ya, I did that 2 days ago. AA is pretty awesome so far, I'm already 25% done, I'm just playing on normal and plan on finishing it and then I'll run out to get Arkham City. I can't believe i missed this game, it's pretty awesome.

Mr. Laz 10-24-2011 11:24 AM

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

pre-order PC version for $36.76 plus $1 tax(i think)

sale+discount code

frankotank 10-24-2011 01:09 PM

picked up the combo pack this weekend. rolling thru asylum. very cool. sometimes a little diffucult - playing normal. got lost this weekend and had to go to google to find dr so-and-sos's freaking office. pissed me off. anyways....a few things I have yet to completely figure out....a few questions....

I have unlocked two combo moves that are available after getting X8 points (X5 now actually cause I unlocked that) ....they are A+X and B+Y. I also unlocked finishing move right trigger+Y (my wife loves it when I do that) so I'll be fighting and B+Y will pop up for a split second. do I have to use this during the time it's on the screen or what? I rarely accomplish one of these moves. once I've hit 5X I'd think I should be able to trigger a combo move whether the damn thing pops up on the screen or not. I do know I can finish a guy with trigger+Y without it popping up on the screen. I've died trying to pop a combo move that doesn't work. just trying to figure out how exactly they work.

PS- Poison Ivy smoking hot

frankotank 10-24-2011 01:10 PM

oh crap....forgot to ask another question. about those combo moves. so if you wanna do a B+Y do you hit B first then Y OR.....are you supposed to smash both down at the same time?

QuikSsurfer 10-24-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8044956)
oh crap....forgot to ask another question. about those combo moves. so if you wanna do a B+Y do you hit B first then Y OR.....are you supposed to smash both down at the same time?

Hit them at the same time

modocsot 10-24-2011 02:36 PM

I bought the game for xbox the other day and started playing. I don't know if I'm totally blind, but where's the challenge mode? In Arkham Asylum, I played a lot of the challenge mode when I wanted a break from story mode, when I simply felt like going predator on some bad guys. My Arkham City doesnt have a Challenge Mode. :(

Bump 10-24-2011 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modocsot (Post 8045168)
I bought the game for xbox the other day and started playing. I don't know if I'm totally blind, but where's the challenge mode? In Arkham Asylum, I played a lot of the challenge mode when I wanted a break from story mode, when I simply felt like going predator on some bad guys. My Arkham City doesnt have a Challenge Mode. :(

I'm playing Asylum and I had to unlock the challenge modes first in story. But City doesn't have challenge modes? I love that shit, especially the beat em up ones.

DBOSHO 10-25-2011 12:02 AM

I was dissapointed with how the story ended.

Still an amazing game.

007 10-25-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8047116)
I'm playing Asylum and I had to unlock the challenge modes first in story. But City doesn't have challenge modes? I love that shit, especially the beat em up ones.

Challenge modes are in the Riddler area. I've already done one of them.

frankotank 10-25-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8045043)
Hit them at the same time

life has been intervening...keeping me away from playing. looking forward to applying newfound knowledge. I absolutely cracked up while viewing a combat tips video at how stupid I've been! I have not been using explosive gel or the batclaw to take down weapon wielding bad guys. DUH! I'm such a n00b. oh well, just a little ways into Asylum and still learning.
maybe noone will care...but per the site below and the context of the "what it does" text I'm sure that mashing two buttons works, but it could matter if you hit them in sequence. I doubt I'll be worrying about it much though. I think it's time to go do some challenge mode and practice up on combo moves. awesome game. by the time I get around to playing the second one I'm gonna be a stud. screw you black ops!

http://www.nextlevelgamer.com/batman...m/upgrade-list

Critical Combo Strikes

What it does:

Doubles the power of normal combo strikes when strikes are timed perfectly. Increases combo score by x2 for each strike, allowing for quicker activation of Special Combo Moves.

What we think:

Extremely useful if you’re not a button masher and actually coordinate your button presses. Extremely necessary to gain more points during the combo challenge modes. Relatively useless if you button mash, and effectiveness in the single player game is somewhat limited compared to other more desirable skills.

frankotank 10-25-2011 09:56 AM

here's the video I was talking about.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OffjUq5cYIQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here's tips on how to get a 40 move combo

1. Purchase critical combo strikes.

2. Find a group of 6-7 men preferably unarmed (without knives and batons).

3. When you first see the group, just run in and go nuts punching and kicking for an easy 7+ move combo. It should turn yellow meaning that the critical combo strikes will occur from here on out. This skill seems to elongate the amount of time between attacks, so that the move counter doesn't disappear as quickly. If you get hit, just press start button and restart from last checkpoint. You don't want to end up with a 39 counter, because they died from being damaged to much.

4 .You must utilize the jump move (A button) after every attack. In other words, after you get that 7+ move comb in #3, using left stick, point toward 1 enemy (preferably someone who is more secluded from the rest) and press A button. You'll jump over the enemy, basically making you invincible (similar to countering).

5. After jumping over the one lone enemy in #4, press the left stick in the opposite direction towards the enemy you jumped over, and press X to attack.

6. From here you just want to repeat step #4 and #5 until you get to 40 moves. After facing around 6 enemies, I got to 43 before they all died. So, there is barely any room for mistake unless there are even larger groups of enemies that I haven't encounter yet.

What you want to watch for is double jumping. Make sure you do not do 2 jumps in a row. What this will do is cancel out the current combo counter. This was my biggest problem trying to get it. After realizing this, I literally got the achievement on my next try. If you happen to jump to far away from the enemies, do not jump again, just press X, and attack. Batman has almost shotgun range when it comes to melee. You'll hit someone.

lcarus 10-25-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8044956)

After 8x combo you can do the special moves, unless you got the upgrade to where you can do it after 5x. Then you should be able to do it any time after you get to 5. A tip for fighting is when you're beating up badguys, don't just mash X or square relentlessly, you can wait a second between each hit and get critical strikes.

frankotank 10-25-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8047628)
After 8x combo you can do the special moves, unless you got the upgrade to where you can do it after 5x. Then you should be able to do it any time after you get to 5. A tip for fighting is when you're beating up badguys, don't just mash X or square relentlessly, you can wait a second between each hit and get critical strikes.

hmm very interesting. what is square though? X = square?

lcarus 10-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8047756)
hmm very interesting. what is square though? X = square?

Well if you're playing on 360 it's X. PS3, square. Didn't know what system you were playing on. Should have just said "the attack button". Once you unlock the critical strikes, just wait half a second between attacks. You'll see what I mean once you mess around with it some.

frankotank 10-27-2011 10:29 AM

yeah I see exactly what you mean. it's official....I'm a badass! strung together a couple 20's in a few situations! wow. probably more luck than skill, but yeah, waiting rather than mashing X quickly is the bomb. one thing I'm still not fully understanding.....so I get X8 (or X5 with the upgrade) and now I should be able to X+A or B+Y....but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. wondering what I'm doing wrong. I'm assuming that as you're in flow you should be able to replace an X with an X+A or B+Y and flow to the next dude and perform the special move. doesn't seem to work like that. rather it seems that the only time I get the special move to work is if I've X'ed a dude and am still standing over him and THEN hit special move buttons. but sometimes the dude I just X'ed is out for good and I just wasted the special move attempt. WTF! is any of this making sense to anyone.

PS - beat Poison Ivy last night after about 20 attempts. she is so hot!