ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Seriously,if the Chiefs... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254961)

Lzen 01-12-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8288353)
People have a hard time accepting the fact that players get old and quickly become shells of their former selves.

This, to me, is the big caveat. IF he's healthy and back to his old self, I am all for signing him. But that's a big IF at this point.

Rasputin 01-12-2012 11:36 AM

We are not going win a ****ing Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a ****ing Super Bowl.

A draft pick QB can give us a 10 year window of opportunity to go to the big show.

A retread gives us two years window of opportunity to suck in the playoffs & fail to win anything beyond a divisional title.

keg in kc 01-12-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 8288363)
Are you talking about RB's or QB's? The greatest WR of all time played well into his 40's, the greatest QB probably could too if he wanted and still be a lot more productive than we've possibly ever had.

80% of Peyton Manning would be better than 300% of Matt Cassel.

This assuming he can ever actually play again.

keg in kc 01-12-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8288370)
We are not going win a ****ing Super Bowl until all "true fans" concede to the notion that a retread QB is never going to win us a ****ing Super Bowl.

And you need to get past the notion that all the people saying this wouldn't necessarily be bad are True Fans who wouldn't also be in favor of drafting a QB.

HemiEd 01-12-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8288120)
TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY! The Gunslinging Giraffe draws first blood. /Holtus

That is a great name for him.

suds79 01-12-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8288379)
And you need to get past the notion that all the people saying this wouldn't necessarily be bad are True Fans who wouldn't also be in favor of drafting a QB.

This.

I think we all would like for Scott's top priority to move up to get RG3. But if that's not going to happen, am I willing to roll the dice on Peyton Manning over Matt Cassel? You bet.

htismaqe 01-12-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8288370)

A draft pick QB can give us a 10 year window of opportunity to go to the big show.

A retread gives us two years window of opportunity to suck in the playoffs & fail to win anything beyond a divisional title.

A healthy Manning is not a retread, that's the issue.

The "retread" version of Joe Montana led us to our last playoff victory.

htismaqe 01-12-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8288386)
That is a great name for him.

Merton Hanks says "hello"!

HemiEd 01-12-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288187)
Call bullshit all you want the last focking thing I ever have to want to hear from any other teams fans is,"finally got your Superbowl win but it took Peyton Manning to get it."

NO THANKS.

That is exactly how I felt about Montana coming to KC, but now with all the player moves, I don't care anymore.

BigRichard 01-12-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8288168)
Has a super bowl winning quarterback that left for another team ever win the super bowl on the 2nd team?

Maybe not won but several have come very close to getting there and Warner almost won it. So I have no problem with this retread.

suds79 01-12-2012 11:42 AM

Do we even know what's going to happen with Peyton?

Is he going to be traded? Isn't he due some huge roster bonus coming up here? Could he simply be a free agent?

HemiEd 01-12-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8288391)
Merton Hanks says "hello"!

I honestly had never heard that. :Scanlon: guess I have had my head buried in the sand.

ChiTown 01-12-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8288134)
And when he fails to deliver us such championship, who will be the next retread over the hills QB we get?

Well, the last time KC won a Playoff game was with a Re-Treaded Joe Montana (18 ****ing years ago!). We got all the way to the AFC Championship Game. If we can do something similar with Manning.....where shall I sign?

kysirsoze 01-12-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8288387)
This.

I think we all would like for Scott's top priority to move up to get RG3. But if that's not going to happen, am I willing to roll the dice on Peyton Manning over Matt Cassel? You bet.

Exactly. If we're going to have a placeholder for a few years anyway, might as well be one that can take advantage of all the talent we have on offense.

pr_capone 01-12-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8288074)
somehow someway land Peyton Manning I will be done as a fan until his tenure is over.I can't really explain it except to say my dislike for him and his family runs very deep and there is no way I could ever cheer for or back him.

Anyone else have similar feelings or would you be all for seeing him in a KC uniform?

I cannot agree with you. I would love for PMan to end up in KC for 2-3 seasons. Closes the door of Kasl and Stanzi/"other drafted QB" gets some seasoning under a top 5 of all time QB.

If you don't want Manning in KC... you are a communist.