ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Manning ruled out KC... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257536)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-20-2012 10:02 AM

I would have taken Manning for the next 5 years. At 41 with a broken neck paralyzed from the waist down he's still better than Cassel.

DaFace 03-20-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8475275)
Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazerReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @adbrandt: Peyton will make $18M in 2012 without injury protection to Bronc. Passing Mar 2013 physical will activate $40M gtee w/a waiver

Well, the Broncos are certainly "all in" with this. If it works, they'll be brilliant. If it doesn't, we'll have a lot to laugh about around here.

Codered 03-20-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8475277)
I disagree. The Titans have better pieces in place than Denver.

I agree with you. Apparently, Peyton Manning didn't. I'd have preferred he wasn't in the AFC West. The Broncos are a much easier team to beat with Tebow running the offense.

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8475255)
Really?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MKbP6wupgaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude makes Kige Ramsey look like a goddamn football savant.

ToxSocks 03-20-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 8475275)
Jay Glazer‏@JayGlazerReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @adbrandt: Peyton will make $18M in 2012 without injury protection to Bronc. Passing Mar 2013 physical will activate $40M gtee w/a waiver

Ouch.

And that's why Peyton will never have great teams around him. He's bought into his hype. He thinks he can win it all by himself as long as he can be surrounded by marginal talent.

listopencil 03-20-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8475286)
Well, the Broncos are certainly "all in" with this. If it works, they'll be brilliant. If it doesn't, we'll have a lot to laugh about around here.

Yep.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-20-2012 10:06 AM

Peyton Manning - QB - Broncos The National Football Post's Andrew Brandt reports Peyton Manning will make $18 million in 2012 "without injury protection."
It's a leap of faith by the Broncos, but essentially means Manning's five-year, $96 million deal includes "only" $18 million in fully guaranteed money. According to Brandt, the Broncos will be protected for injury beyond next season, as Manning must pass a physical in March 2013 to guarantee the next $40 million in his contract.

MMXcalibur 03-20-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 8475168)
He would have went the SF if he cared about winning a super bowl, and if you say otherwise then you are a idiot.

Compared to San Francisco, Denver is better in every positional area except MAYBE 4th string waterboy............MAYBE! /KnowNo

The Bad Guy 03-20-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8475288)
Dude makes Kige Ramsey look like a goddamn football savant.

Don't you knock Kige Ramsey of Youtube Sports fame. I draw the line there. Check out Kige's top spring break spots.

Donger 03-20-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8475281)
There were a few things mentioned, all rumor at this point:

1) Him and Elway hit it off. Manning liked the idea of having a guy he could relate to in the Front Office.

2) Fox is not a big ego kind of Head Coach. He will absolutely do whatever he thinks he needs to do to make the team work. Like build an option Offense to make use of Tebow. Whatever it takes to get wins. Fox recognizes what made Manning successful in Indy and will do the same thing in Denver.

3) Xanders is extremely low key. As a GM he is more of a scout/cap/trade kind of guy. A numbers guy. He is passionate but shies away from the limelight.

4) Bowlen has stepped away from this team. Health issues and age have taken their toll on him and he really isn't up to being involved on a day to day basis.

5) Joe Ellis has been the shadow master of the Broncos for decades. His hand is in everything, he's the most powerful Bronco executive that no one has heard of.

So anyone in the organization that he would perceive as his boss appreciates his talent and will give him a free hand to do what he wants to do. They are all competent and low key. They will let Manning be The Man. Of course this isn't The Reason he signed, but it might have something to do with why he picked them among teams that would pay the check.

That sounds eerily like the football equivalent of Mordor.

Hammock Parties 03-20-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 8475215)
That is the price you pay for greatness.

"That is the price of immortality..."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-m149Pf__g7...ail_knight.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 03-20-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8475302)
Don't you knock Kige Ramsey of Youtube Sports fame. I draw the line there. Check out Kige's top spring break spots.

LMAO

I'm a big fan of "How to shoot a free throw" and "how to throw a football".

listopencil 03-20-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8475312)
That sounds eerily like the football equivalent of Mordor.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Chiefnj2 03-20-2012 10:17 AM

I'm laughing at all the people who believed Manning's BS that it wasn't about the money and he would sign an incentive laden contract.

Molitoth 03-20-2012 10:19 AM

As much as I wanted Peyton.... that price is pretty damn steep. It doesn't leave much room for filling other holes.... although the free agent market is pretty dry now anywho. $40 million next season!!! wow

Good luck to the donks, Peyton is going to have some weight on those shoulders.