ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft Rumors (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258830)

Jerm 04-25-2012 12:58 PM

Mayock has us taking Barron at #11...two safeties in 3 years? Can't see Pioli doing that....

keg in kc 04-25-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8564866)
Yup.

There's not been a single snap in months and even the combine is well in our rearview.

Yet Gilmore's gone from being an early 3rd round pick to no doubt second rounder to possible first to now a potential top 10 guy.

Why? He's the same guy as he was 5 months ago.

He's moving up boards for no reason other than attrition at this point. He's gone from undervalued in the 3rd to wildly overrated as a top 10 pick. If Gilmore's there, you see if anyone wants to deal up for him and if not, you still don't take him. He's a good player, but not a great one.

Quick troll edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8564866)
Yup.

There's not been a single snap in months and even the combine is well in our rearview.

Yet Tannehill's gone from being an early 3rd round pick to no doubt second rounder to possible first to now a potential top 10 guy.

Why? He's the same guy as he was 5 months ago.

He's moving up boards for no reason other than attrition at this point. He's gone from undervalued in the 3rd to wildly overrated as a top 10 pick. If Tannehil's there, you see if anyone wants to deal up for him and if not, you still don't take him. He's a good player, but not a great one.

Pitt Gorilla 04-25-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8565238)
Who are your top 11?

I honestly don't know. I LOVE the draft and will watch most every minute of it, but I'm not sure I'm qualified to rank players. Luck & RG3 are clearly the best. After that, I'm not sure. I really like Kalil, Blackmon, DeCastro, and Richardson. Outside of those, I really don't know.

Regarding QBs, I really liked Weeden and Osweiler as college QBs, but I have no idea how that translates to the pros.

Edit: Yesterday was the first time I (believe I) heard of Kuechly. I don't think I've seen him play. Clearly, I'm not a draft guru.

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8565227)
Just to be fair, Kuechly is, to the inch and pound, the same size as DJ at the combine, and he was faster in all drills except 40, with a higher bench, higher vertical, longer broad jump. He has better instincts and better play recognition, with better on-field production than DJ did coming out of college.

Kuechly is 100% the total package at middle linebacker, and on paper yeah, you draft him over any of those guys.

Please note, that says ON PAPER you DRAFT. Obviously Willis is a god among ants. Some guys outplay their measurable potential, and Willis certainly has. Hindsight 20/20 and all that. Willis was slower in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle, with less bench reps than Kuechly. He also had less on-field production and was the same weight. So, no, I don't think you'd be hard-pressed to find teams that would consider drafting Kuechly over Willis if both came out this year.

Kuechly is one of a handful of players in this draft that are, without question, the best at their position.

luck, kalil, decastro, claiborne, kuechly, and richardson. maybe barron. Outside of that, it's generally a toss-up between at least two guys.

(No, I don't say Blackmon is clearly better than Floyd. Not at all.)

he's a finesse LB that doesn't create turnovers....no thanks

DJ had 19 tackles for a loss and 9 forced fumbles his senior year

you better be creating turnovers or racking up sacks if I'm drafting you at 5...and all that hot air sounds exactly like the crap spewed about Jesus Curry

buddha 04-25-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8565227)
Just to be fair, Kuechly is, to the inch and pound, the same size as DJ at the combine, and he was faster in all drills except 40, with a higher bench, higher vertical, longer broad jump. He has better instincts and better play recognition, with better on-field production than DJ did coming out of college.

Kuechly is 100% the total package at middle linebacker, and on paper yeah, you draft him over any of those guys.

Please note, that says ON PAPER you DRAFT. Obviously Willis is a god among ants. Some guys outplay their measurable potential, and Willis certainly has. Hindsight 20/20 and all that. Willis was slower in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle, with less bench reps than Kuechly. He also had less on-field production and was the same weight. So, no, I don't think you'd be hard-pressed to find teams that would consider drafting Kuechly over Willis if both came out this year.

Kuechly is one of a handful of players in this draft that are, without question, the best at their position.

luck, kalil, decastro, claiborne, kuechly, and richardson. maybe barron. Outside of that, it's generally a toss-up between at least two guys.

(No, I don't say Blackmon is clearly better than Floyd. Not at all.)

Kuechly is NOT 100% the total package at Mike. Nooooooo!

He was productive, but unspectacular. Frankly, I don't want to wait several years, like we did with DJ, to have something good at LB. DJ is anything but a mauling hitter, but he is Dick Butkus compared to Kuechly.

Stop relying on the damn combine numbers and watch his film. Check out how many times he catches tackles as opposed to filling holes and making tackles for loses. Shitty tackles get counted the same as, "fill the hole and knock the jock into the third row" hits.

Think about what Curry has become in the NFL and ask yourself if that's what you REALLY want this year with the 11th pick. I sure as hell don't.

Epic Fail 007 04-25-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8564522)
I'd rather have Tannehill

me too

Epic Fail 007 04-25-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 8564534)
Over Kalil.

You're Dumb !

I think your the dump one

Hoover 04-25-2012 01:16 PM

Didn't DJ fall to us the year we drafted him because he ran around blockers and teams questioned his toughness?

OnTheWarpath15 04-25-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565251)
Quick troll edit:

Is it still considered trolling when everything you wrote is true?

Epic Fail 007 04-25-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8564913)
Are you forgetting who our QB is?

Would you and others like you stfu?! Your just stupid and clueless.

RealSNR 04-25-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8565347)
Is it still considered trolling when everything you wrote is true?

Tannehill's been projected in the top 10 for almost two months now. Gilmore has been considered in that spot for about a week.

Little bit of a difference there.

KCDC 04-25-2012 01:21 PM

If Kalil is there, you take him, or entice a lucrative trade. Albert's contract is coming up. He could be traded for a first rounder, especially when Arizona's jaw drops when we take their ideal pick from them.

We had a debate here about taking an elite guard at #11. The naysayers said guard was not a top 10 pick, but everyone acknowledges that elite LT is a top 5 pick. Do you take a non-elite QB, a potentially good 5 tech DE, or an elite LT?

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric007 (Post 8565351)
Would you and others like you stfu?! Your just stupid and clueless.

would do us all a favor and kill yourself, please?

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 8565358)
If Kalil is ther, you take him, or entice a lucrative trade. Albert's contract is coming up. He could be traded for a first rounder, especially when Arizona's jaw drops when we take their ideal pick from them.

We had a debate here about taking an elite guard at #11. The naysayers said guard was not a top 10 pick, but everyone acknowledges that elite LT is a top 5 pick. Do you take a mediocre QB, a potentially good 5 tech DE, or an elite LT?

trade albert for a 1st?

wtf?

Chiefnj2 04-25-2012 01:25 PM

Jokeray (St. Louis): Alot of Lions fans want Derrick Johnson @#10..do you think he'll be available?

Nolan Nawrocki: If you put on the Oklahoma tape and watch him taking on blocks with his back, or getting abused vs. Arkansas vs. backs half his size, you would think he might be around in the second round, where some teams have him stacked. But in Detroit, he would be an excellent fit. They have big bodies there who could protect him and keep him free to run to the ball. His best chance is going to come on the weakside. If he stays in the middle, teams will run at him all day long. Despite his dislike for taking on blocks, he is very athletic, covers like a defensive back and could be gone in the Top 10. I think there's a good chance he'll be there for the Lions though.