ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How long have you driven to get something you wanted? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260268)

pr_capone 06-07-2012 02:15 PM

I may wind up driving 7 hours (to and fro) to Independence, MO here in just a few weeks. Can't find anywhere local to get my CCH permit on a regular day off. :cuss:

Inspector 06-07-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8665219)
If I had the knowledge to work on it myself and somewhere to put it, I'd love to get another mid 80s Cutlass Supreme coupe. I had an '85 and loved it. Always makes me happy when I see one that is well maintained.

But still, I just don't get the old bulky sedan love. A Regal coupe, or a Riviera, sure, but..... why that?

Years ago we bought an 86 Delta 88 Royale - loaded. It was one of the most comfortable cars I ever had and also had a great interior. We really liked it but had to get rid of it cause it kept having transmission problems. But still awesome car.

Many years ago my sister had a 71 Buick Riveria with the bubble back window which sort of reminded me of the old Corvettes. It was a huge boat but really a cool looking car......

Pasta Little Brioni 06-07-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8664884)
I don't know about ya'll but that Doritos Los Tacos commercial is a bunch of bullshit.

No way he drove 900 miles for that ****ing taco.

Shit man, just buy a bag of Doritos and do it yourself. Damn, those commercials are ****ing reeruned. I've been making Dorito Taco salad for years and it's easily better than that slop.

ghak99 06-07-2012 02:36 PM

I drove to Denver to buy a cow one time. Made a 4 hour round trip to punish an ex with a grudge **** last summer. Drove 4 blocks to pick up my great grandfathers original 1931 Model A a few days ago. The cow died, the ex cried... but the car is back in the immediate family!:thumb:

Drove all over the country fishing and hunting, with a couple trips bringing very little home.

That annoying as hell "I've been everywhere" song just popped into my head.... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image...s/banghead.gif

The best part of this thread is knowing ****tardwickedson can't comprehend any of it
. ROFL

Inspector 06-07-2012 02:36 PM

Drove straight through from KC to Virginia Beach, VA in a 1974 Camaro once. Took about 24 hours. Luckily had another driver but have you ever tried to sleep in a 1974 Camaro without reclining seats? Not easy to do. I think my back is still stiff.

El Jefe 06-07-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 8665656)
I'm partial to late 70's early 80's before the nose got pointy. That Brougham have bucket seats?

Yes sir!

Stewie 06-07-2012 03:13 PM

A few years back a coworker drove from KC to Valentine, Nebraska for a hamburger. There was a write-up in the KC Star about an awesome burger joint so he decided to check it out. It must have been 700-800 miles round trip.

Frazod 06-07-2012 03:17 PM

There's a burger place somewhere in Connecticut I want to check out someday - saw it on Man v. Food. They steam the burgers and the cheese - looked awesome.

Of course, I'm not driving a thousand miles for a friggin cheeseburger, but the next time I'm in the area I'll definitely try to make time for a visit.

Thig Lyfe 06-07-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8665864)
There's a burger place somewhere in Connecticut I want to check out someday - saw it on Man v. Food. They steam the burgers and the cheese - looked awesome.

Of course, I'm not driving a thousand miles for a friggin cheeseburger, but the next time I'm in the area I'll definitely try to make time for a visit.

We're certainly not driving a thousand miles until we get our AMC Pacer fixed up, eh, pal? So many memories in that car...

Okie_Apparition 06-07-2012 04:16 PM

John Madden has driven across the country
to watch a Jaguars game

mr. tegu 06-07-2012 04:21 PM

I flew to Florida from KC to pick up a car and drive it back home. Used up the 1,500 mile warranty on the way home.

cdcox 06-07-2012 04:23 PM

I walked 7 miles round trip when I was a kid to buy this game:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_box_1961.jpg

ToxSocks 06-07-2012 04:50 PM

Meh

Longest I've ever driven for an object was about 45 minutes to pick up an SNES copy of Mario bros All Stars.

loochy 06-07-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8665236)
I rode a Greyhound bus for 12 hours down to Ft. Worth, from Wichita, to buy my car and drive it back. My wife and I, as my 2nd anniversary present, drove to St. Louis (again from Wichita), to pick up my motorcycle. Fun part was that it was in February and though it was supposed to be unseasonably warm, it had snowed 5 inches the day I got there. I rode the motorcycle all the way back home.

/I win.

How the hell did it take 12 hours to get from Ft Worth to Wichita? That's like a 5.5 hour drive.

arrowheadnation 06-07-2012 04:59 PM

Have driven 4 hrs from Wichita to KC MO to watch the Chiefs during the Cassel/Croyle/Huard eras....got no satisfaction any time.