ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Shooting at TDKR Midnight Premiere in Aurora, CO. Multiple dead. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261598)

rockymtnchief 07-20-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8754894)
Even if he got hit in the chest with the vest on could have slowed the ****er down or knock him on his ass. I've never had the experience but am sure it hurts like a mother ****er. Maybe just maybe it still could have saved lives that way and subdued the mother ****er.

This.

My CCW weapon is a .45 acp. If it didn't go through the vest, it would still put a man on his ass out of air. Leaving time to escape or over power him.

Regarding armed movie goers: Do you think these loons would've pulled this shit if they knew there was a chance 5 individuals were armed in the theater? Hell no!

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dayze 07-20-2012 07:52 AM

this one is interesting from a CCW perspective. I can see both sides of the argument.
but personally, I'd feel better if I were carrying. Would I die? possibly. would someone else get hit with a stray bullet? possibly.

I'd rather have a chance, than no chance. I agree - if you have a chance, you GTFO of there. but if it came down to a scenario where I wasn't able to, I'd want the chance to possibly get out while armed.

interesting though. It makes me so mad when I heard about these shootings. Cowards. prayers to the victims families, and healthy recovery for those who were injured.

Dayze 07-20-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8754910)
This.

My CCW weapon is a .45 acp. If it didn't go through the vest, it would still put a man on his ass out of air. Leaving time to escape or over power him.

Regarding armed movie goers: Do you think these loons would've pulled this shit if they knew there was a chance 5 individuals were armed in the theater? Hell no!

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

agree.

suds79 07-20-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 8754910)

No I don't think it would deter the crazy & evil people out there from attempting to do this stuff. Not at all.

Would they get capped by someone who is armed? Possibly yeah. But I don't think it'd stop the attempt. They're crazy for a reason.

KC_Lee 07-20-2012 07:57 AM

So far I have heard or read the following this caused this;

- Violent video games
- The violence in the Batman films
- Columbine
- And more calls for gun control

Of course the thought that this was just a disturbed young man could not possibly be the cause...

In58men 07-20-2012 07:57 AM

Looks like its time to get my concealed weapons permit.

suds79 07-20-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8754921)
So far I have heard or read the following this caused this;

- Violent video games
- The violence in the Batman films
- Columbine
- And more calls for gun control

Of course the thought that this was just a disturbed young man could not possibly be the cause...

:clap::clap::clap:

durtyrute 07-20-2012 07:58 AM

Yea, that's what we need, MORE people with guns. Works every time.

KC_Lee 07-20-2012 07:58 AM

Too bad Marilyn Manson is not still putting out music then we could blame him too.

rockymtnchief 07-20-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8754919)
No I don't think it would deter the crazy & evil people out there from attempting to do this stuff. Not at all.

Would they get capped by someone who is armed? Possibly yeah. But I don't think it'd stop the attempt. They're crazy for a reason.

Point taken about the crazy view.

However, MOST are just cowards. That's why they attack in schools, movie theaters, bell towers, malls, etc... There's very little resistance in these places.

The Rick 07-20-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8754730)
About 20 nerds dressed up in full Batman gear had the opportunity of a lifetime and completely failed.

The situation is a very sad one. I feel for and pray for the families of the victims.

That said, I have to admit this made me chuckle. The hardcore Batman nerds did completely blow it. :)

Chiefs Pantalones 07-20-2012 08:02 AM

Man what a dark night.

In58men 07-20-2012 08:03 AM

**** you 50 Cent for making me shoot up a theater full of movie goers

Garcia Bronco 07-20-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8754908)
I don’t know about “silly” but this is a good point. Part of being a responsible CCW is not just being Johnny On-the-Spot but also knowing when not to shoot.
In this case you’ve got a motivated killer so you have to quickly come up with a plan. You can’t just pull your gat and let the lead fly, that’ll get even more killed.
I would think that if you’re in the line of fire just keep your head down and encourage everyone around you to do the same, but if you can approach from the killer’s blind side closing the distance quickly then put an end to it.

Speaking of....I carry a 40 sub-compact just about where ever I go. I reacently bought a 45 full size...which has led me to think I should switch to a .45 sub (Kimber). What would that do to a guy in a vest? Would it atleast knock him on his ass?

BigCatDaddy 07-20-2012 08:04 AM

Some people just like to watch the world burn.