ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Do you smoke cigarettes? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261887)

Bowser 07-29-2012 07:43 PM

Never have, never will. That shit is repugnant.

Food and drink, much like Saul, is my indulgence.

Omaha 07-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topher79 (Post 8775989)
Have to choose one....smoking addiction or obesity?

Bullshit

digger 07-29-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8775954)
Been a pack a dayer for 17 years now. Lumpy quit last week so something tells me I'll be "quitting" soon enough.

And by quitting I mean being nagged endlessly into submission.

I think she's actually going to pull it off this time. She seems pretty commited.

Me and Mrs. Digger quit at the same time. Tax day (April 15th) 2008. Was just after the price went up. I've saved thousands by now. I was half pack a she was a pack a day. She wanted to quit several times, but without me quitting work have worked. Last year they changed the smoke brake rule of work. Smell like smoke and written up/fired. Now no new hires can smoke. So better I don't any more in the long run.

Easier to be a pot smoker than a cigarette smoker.

Now if they take away my Dr. Pepper...............

lcarus 07-29-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 8775803)
Just curious if anyone else smokes here. I smoke on and off (not addicted). Just bought some cigs at a store though.

Yeah I smoke 2 packs a day. I plan on attempting to quit (again lol) pretty soon. I recommend just stopping now while it's still easy for you to. I mean I'm not one to preach, and for all I know you could be the most disciplined person in the world and only smoke every once in a while and never make a habit out of it. Most people eventually make a habit out of it though, and it's expensive and unhealthy as all ****. So either just stop now, or stay disciplined and only smoke on rare occasion.

Johnny Vegas 07-29-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8776741)
A pack a week or a pack a day?

A week. I never finished a pack in a day. I usually only had a couple smokes a day or I wouldn't smoke a couple days then go out and smoke 5 or 6 cigs while I drink.

Johnny Vegas 07-29-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 8776702)
Congrats. This will be day 3 cold turkey and I've found the biggest bitch to be not being able to sleep more than 2 freaking hours at a time. I smoked for 20 years but never really developed a cough or anything like that though.

Be prepared. I thought I was getting sick at first. Did some research and it begins when your lungs start to 'repair' themselves. Some of the shit I found on goggle isn't what I wanted to know but it makes the outlook to not smoking positive. I found smokers who quit smell and taste things better than a non smoker. The smoke estentially ' smoked ' the tissue in your mouth and throat leaving a layer of damaged tissue like calluses on our fingers. Good luck with your challenge. Take it a day at a time and don't think about tomorrows hurdles that'll challenge your cravings.

DaneMcCloud 07-29-2012 09:07 PM

I've never smoked once and never will. My entire family, including large extended family, smoked when I was growing up. I never had any interest before or after watching my great grandfather die of emphysema and cancer. He had needles sticking out of his back when he passed because they were trying to give him some comfort through acupuncture. That is a day I'll that will never be erased from my mind.

My mom tried quitting several times and just couldn't do it. After three years of trying Aqua Filters, hypnosis and acupuncture, she finally kicked it for good in 1983 and hasn't smoked since.

My Dad continued until he one day, he had a physical and the doctor told him implicitly to quit. He quit that day and has never smoked since. That was 1985.

Godspeed to all of those trying to quit.

SAUTO 07-29-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ultimate Warrior (Post 8776664)
I KNOW BECAUSE MARIJAUNA HAS NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT IT CURES CANCER AND MAKES CLUBBED BABY SEALS COME BACK TO LIFE AND THE GOVERNMENT BANNED IT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE DIRECT DESCENDANTS OF RICHARD SIMMONS

link?
Posted via Mobile Device

BillSelfsTrophycase 07-29-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ultimate Warrior (Post 8776664)
I KNOW BECAUSE MARIJAUNA HAS NOTHING BAD ABOUT IT IT CURES CANCER AND MAKES CLUBBED BABY SEALS COME BACK TO LIFE AND THE GOVERNMENT BANNED IT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE DIRECT DESCENDANTS OF RICHARD SIMMONS

/Bump

Imon Yourside 07-29-2012 10:11 PM

Not for a long time, quit cold turkey....don't really crave them, but miss cigs when i walk through a smoke filled room....I'll purposefully inhale 2nd had smoke just to get a minibuzz going and quite frankly enjoy the fact I paid zero to inhale it.

Lumpy 07-29-2012 10:18 PM

Congrats to those that have quit, trying to quit, and are planning to quit! :thumb:

I started smoking at 14. My mom smoked and would leave her cigarettes sitting around unattended. I would take a few and hide them. Then, one night, I took a puff off of one and was immediately hooked. There was no peer pressure involved. In fact, only a few of my friends smoked, but that was after I started. It was more of a convenience for me, (as they were always available).

Now, at age 34, I decided it was time to quit being a prisoner. I'm under a lot of stress and smoking did help make the anxiety subside. However, it was to the point where I was smoking anywhere between 1-2 packs a day. A week before my birthday was when I said to myself, "this is stupid". And it is stupid. Granted, I enjoyed smoking, (because it calmed me down), but I have no energy and I'm tired all the time, (even though I suffer from insomnia... will someone explain that to me?! LMAO).

Anyway, I've gone a week on the patch and it has been a struggle. I did sneak in a few smokes here and there, but no more than 5 a day, (which is a huge step down from 20-40/day). Gonzo also bought me a few electronic cigarettes. They have been helping when the cravings hit. I just take a few puffs every couple of hours or so and no problem.

I have no doubt that I'll kick this habit in the nuts for good, but it's going to be difficult, (I've quit before, but it was short-lived). I'm prepared this time though. I'm going to start exercising and eating better. Plus, I have an active 4 year old and will be chasing around a puppy here in a week or so. :) I should stay busy enough to keep my mind off of it.

Imon Yourside 07-29-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fabulous Moolah (Post 8777016)
Congrats to those that have quit, trying to quit, and are planning to quit! :thumb:

I started smoking at 14. My mom smoked and would leave her cigarettes sitting around unattended. I would take a few and hide them. Then, one night, I took a puff off of one and was immediately hooked. There was no peer pressure involved. In fact, only a few of my friends smoked, but that was after I started. It was more of a convenience for me, (as they were always available).

Now, at age 34, I decided it was time to quit being a prisoner. I'm under a lot of stress and smoking did help make the anxiety subside. However, it was to the point where I was smoking anywhere between 1-2 packs a day. A week before my birthday was when I said to myself, "this is stupid". And it is stupid. Granted, I enjoyed smoking, (because it calmed me down), but I have no energy and I'm tired all the time, (even though I suffer from insomnia... will someone explain that to me?! LMAO).

Anyway, I've gone a week on the patch and it has been a struggle. I did sneak in a few smokes here and there, but no more than 5 a day, (which is a huge step down from 20-40/day). Gonzo also bought me a few electronic cigarettes. They have been helping when the cravings hit. I just take a few puffs every couple of hours or so and no problem.

I have no doubt that I'll kick this habit in the nuts for good, but it's going to be difficult, (I've quit before, but it was short-lived). I'm prepared this time though. I'm going to start exercising and eating better. Plus, I have an active 4 year old and will be chasing around a puppy here in a week or so. :) I should stay busy enough to keep my mind off of it.

The ecigs do help, sure they suck but you CAN convince yourself to use them until they get so nasty u just up and quit.

Buehler445 07-29-2012 10:36 PM

OK. Question from the dumbass. I had a friend in college that would roll his own cigarettes. He said it was cheaper and tasted better. He probably also didn't mind that it would be easier to hide weed in there. It looked to me like it was just dried tobacco and I had others tell me that it didn't have as much bad shit in it.

Is that true? Are self rolled cigs less addictive than store bought? It seems to me that it would be a better option. Particularly since they are cheaper. But if they are less addictive it seems like a good stepping stone in quitting.

Shogun 07-29-2012 10:36 PM

Nope, just chew and weed

TimeForWasp 07-29-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8777038)
OK. Question from the dumbass. I had a friend in college that would roll his own cigarettes. He said it was cheaper and tasted better. He probably also didn't mind that it would be easier to hide weed in there. It looked to me like it was just dried tobacco and I had others tell me that it didn't have as much bad shit in it.

Is that true? Are self rolled cigs less addictive than store bought? It seems to me that it would be a better option. Particularly since they are cheaper. But if they are less addictive it seems like a good stepping stone in quitting.

I've been rolling cigarettes for about a year. The tubes and an electric roller. I really noticed a difference. A lot cheaper and you can tell the additives are not there. But I need to give it all up.