ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Thoughts on Pre-Season Game #1 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262261)

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:41 PM

I'll say it again, the biggest improvment you will see out of Cassel this year is he is now able to check out of plays. They said tonight more than once that under Haley he was not allowed to do so.

Rasputin 08-10-2012 09:42 PM

It was nice to see Cam Sheffield in on some action. He adds good depth to the charts.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-10-2012 09:42 PM

Considering a year ago we lost 25-0 to the Bucs in the first preseason game, I'd say it's improvement. It's just preseason but you can see a prepared team.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:42 PM

Oh, another encouraging sign, the TD to Hillis was a hot route adjust to a blitz

Red Brooklyn 08-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8808410)
Yeah I don't get why McCluster is so loathed on CP. He's capable of making plays.

Winston is really gonna help beast up the right side of our line. Which is something that we haven't had since John Tait.

Hillis...what can you say? The guy is a beast. Having Charles, Hillis, and Gray...that's a lot of RB firepower. We should be a top 5 rushing team. I don't think I'm being too much of a homer in thinking that.

Yeah, I was already saddling up on the Draughn bandwagon. Then Gray started making him look like a chump. Seriously, our running game is gonna be a blast to watch this year.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 8808421)
Considering a year ago we lost 25-0 to the Bucs in the first preseason game, I'd say it's improvement. It's just preseason but you can see a prepared team.

Exactly. We looked like a football team out of the gate for the first time in 5 years.

mdchiefsfan 08-10-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808280)
First off I don't remember the last time we won our 1st pre-season game? I know it means nothing in the end but nonetheless.

We looked together. We looked organized. We were sharp, great tempo. One botched play by the starters on offense but shit will happen in the pre-season.

One thing they said was that Cassel was not allowed to check out of plays under Haley. I speculated that for quite some time and tonight I think I was proven to be correct.

Snap the ****ing ball!

I agree that freedom is needed. Pretty interesting insight provided tonight

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8808410)
Yeah I don't get why McCluster is so loathed on CP. He's capable of making plays.

Winston is really gonna help beast up the right side of our line. Which is something that we haven't had since John Tait.

Hillis...what can you say? The guy is a beast. Having Charles, Hillis, and Gray...that's a lot of RB firepower. We should be a top 5 rushing team. I don't think I'm being too much of a homer in thinking that.

Gochiefs. He's a troll.

Coach 08-10-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8808431)
Gochiefs. He's a troll.

Yeah, kind of funny why some trolls get the ban hammer quickly, yet this one is getting a pass....

Brock 08-10-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8808431)
Gochiefs. He's a troll.

He's just repeating things he heard somebody else here say.

petegz28 08-10-2012 09:47 PM

I'm not 100% sold on Maneri yet, I want to see more but if he continues to play like he did tonight then Moeaki being healthy is going to be a non-factor this year.

Hammock Parties 08-10-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8808394)
Cassel goes 5-6 for like 64 yards and a TD and Clay still finds room to bitch....

I love ya, Clay...keep it up

All I am saying is he didn't show us anything we haven't seen before, other than one throw, which was to a receiver running wide the **** open.

He has had good preseason showings before. Any doofus can hit a 5-yard out.

Ace Gunner 08-10-2012 09:48 PM

IMO Cassel looked the same. His passes soared, he didn't fool anyone and his accuracy still blows.

You know what was different? Protection, especially from the OT's. They can't get short yardage yet, but they are much much better at pass blocking simply because of RT Winston and LT Albert.

Oh, and Dex. Burn. Heh. ****er ran some nice routes tonight.

Toribio is the real thing, very impressed. Berry looks to ball. Jamaal, I'll reserve opinion on him until real bullets fly. Moeaki looked fine.

But Stanzi - to - Maneri is gold!!!1 Until the regular season starts:D

KcMizzou 08-10-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 8808433)
Yeah, kind of funny why some trolls get the ban hammer quickly, yet this one is getting a pass....

He makes some pretty cool videos... I'm guilty of supporting him him the past. But lately, anything other than those videos is just shit.

mdchiefsfan 08-10-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8808374)
This was one of the biggest improvements I noticed too. I think all three behind Charles are clearly better than any from last season once Charles went out.

Not to mention the o-line and it's depth.