ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics iPhone 5? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263220)

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2012 11:38 AM

The little iPhone that could...

WoodDraw 09-12-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8904088)
YAY! A 4" LTE phone!

Welcome to 2010!

No shit. I remember when I loved watching Apple product announcements because there was always something interesting. That was awhile ago.

Saulbadguy 09-12-2012 11:39 AM

http://d35lb3dl296zwu.cloudfront.net...hone5_0369.jpg

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8904152)

BWAHAHAHAHAAA@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!

I thought the whole point of the apple connector was you didnt need adaptors!

Shag 09-12-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8904155)
BWAHAHAHAHAAA@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!

I thought the whole point of the apple connector was you didnt need adaptors!

huh? How would you change a connector without an adapter? You plugging your old standard USB cable into your micro-USB port?

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 8904273)
huh? How would you change a connector without an adapter? You plugging your old standard USB cable into your micro-USB port?

Not only are you going to be spending buku bucks for this new iphone faux, you get to spend more money on an adaptor to make your old shit work with your new shit! You probably should just convert all your currency into itunes giftcards. BRILLIANT!

L.A. Chieffan 09-12-2012 12:09 PM

I'm sorry. It'll probably come with it. Apple is cool. Apple is the anti-establishment. They "Think Different."

My bad

Shag 09-12-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8904283)
Not only are you going to be spending buku bucks for this new iphone faux, you get to spend more money on an adaptor to make your old shit work with your new shit! You probably should just convert all your currency into itunes giftcards. BRILLIANT!

Quality post. Stick to your Cassel schtick - it works better for you...

NewChief 09-12-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodDraw (Post 8904148)
No shit. I remember when I loved watching Apple product announcements because there was always something interesting. That was awhile ago.

I agree that they've lost their luster with these announcements. They used to always have some "wow" moment when they unveiled something unexpected or especially cool. Now, everyone pretty much knows what is going to get uncorked as the rest of the industry has caught up with them on an "innovation" level.

I'm pretty happy with the price point, though. Enough so that I might go ahead and grab the 5 instead of the 4S which I was planning on getting when prices dropped.

Shag 09-12-2012 12:19 PM

Not overly impressed with the new iPhone on the surface - doesn't seem like much of an improvement over the 4S. I'll have to play around with it, but the form factor just seems like it will be awkward. The connector is expected, but annoying - wouldn't affect me much, other than my car adapter.

Going to have to give Android phones a look, and do a little comparing on my own. I know way more unhappy Android users than happy ones, but I'll come up with my own opinion...

Dave Lane 09-12-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8904283)

Don't you have some Cassel trite to be working on?

Dave Lane 09-12-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8904320)
I agree that they've lost their luster with these announcements. They used to always have some "wow" moment when they unveiled something unexpected or especially cool. Now, everyone pretty much knows what is going to get uncorked as the rest of the industry has caught up with them on an "innovation" level.

I'm pretty happy with the price point, though. Enough so that I might go ahead and grab the 5 instead of the 4S which I was planning on getting when prices dropped.

The loss of Steve is not to be a trifling thing.

-King- 09-12-2012 12:25 PM

People still buy ipod touches?

vailpass 09-12-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 8904343)
Not overly impressed with the new iPhone on the surface - doesn't seem like much of an improvement over the 4S. I'll have to play around with it, but the form factor just seems like it will be awkward. The connector is expected, but annoying - wouldn't affect me much, other than my car adapter.

Going to have to give Android phones a look, and do a little comparing on my own. I know way more unhappy Android users than happy ones, but I'll come up with my own opinion...

No you don't.

WoodDraw 09-12-2012 12:35 PM

This is still going on?