ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264693)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-05-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8980100)
With big black
Posted via Mobile Device

chocolate pain bringing

BigMeatballDave 10-05-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980086)
You're in denial.

You're also the newest addition to my ignore list.

This roster is stacked alright - stacked with guys that would be role players on legitimate SB contenders.

As much as I'd LOVE to blame everything on Matt Cassel, I can't, because it's far from all his fault.

I blame a nice chunk on coaching.

Look what Harbaugh did for SF.

RealSNR 10-05-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980103)
Of course you need role players.

But a roster full of them?

We have some pretty good starters across the board on this team.

If we had a QB, Stanford Routt isn't the reason why we can't contend. It should be a goal in the next two years to eventually find/draft somebody better, but until then he's fine.

Like I said, the biggest question is do we have Albert and/or Bowe in this future?

OnTheWarpath15 10-05-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8980111)
I blame a nice chunk on coaching.

Look what Harbaugh did for SF.

Of course, it's easy to blame the coaching.

It's easier than saying you might have been wrong about the amount of talent on the roster.

hometeam 10-05-2012 05:32 PM

With geno smith, and the right coach we are in the playoffs next year, our division kind of sucks.

jd1020 10-05-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8980113)
We have some pretty good starters across the board on this team.

If we had a QB, Stanford Routt isn't the reason why we can't contend. It should be a goal in the next two years to eventually find/draft somebody better, but until then he's fine.

Like I said, the biggest question is do we have Albert and/or Bowe in this future?

Don't rain on his parade!

This team sucks.

Every NFL personality calling the Chiefs one of the best rosters in the league don't know wtf they are talking about. We are full of shit role players.

Shame none of those guys could have predicted the massive amounts of shit left out on the field by our QB and a shitbag HC who is gonna be known for the quote "I don't know."

SAUTO 10-05-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980103)
Of course you need role players.

But a roster full of them?

I understand your frustration buddy but I think it is somewhat clouding your judgment here.

Our o line is probably as good as the pats, our green Bays.

At nt we are young, you have stated yourself you don't really know until year three, now we can argue about the timing of drafting those guys and you would have a point. Our linebackers mostly would be on par with super bowl caliber units. We have secondary players in flowers and hopefully berry again soon who would start on most super bowl caliber rosters. Charles, Bowe would be starters in a super bowl caliber roster.

There are plenty of players here that are more than role players IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave 10-05-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980115)

It's easier than saying you might have been wrong about the amount of talent on the roster.

You know, it's not just some of us around here talking about the talent on this team, some national guys have mentioned it as well.

New World Order 10-05-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8979997)
"It appears"

LMAO LMAO

Nice source, asshole

Well one would assume he wants a ton, Mike Wallace appears to want Fitzgerald money, don't see why Bowe would be any different.

jd1020 10-05-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 8980134)
Well one would assume he wants a ton, Mike Wallace appears to want Fitzgerald money, don't see why Bowe would be any different.

I thought Mike Wallace came out and said he wanted Vincent Jackson money.

keg in kc 10-05-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8980097)
The roster is fine as is. Our entire defensive line and interior offensive line is a giant mess of high-end draft picks who should be playing a lot better than they are by now. Spending ANOTHER round of top-end picks on those positions would be a real goddamn nightmare. Let's just say we could stand to upgrade them some time in the next two years.

Other than that, all we really need are upgrades to FS (Lewis is a broke dick), ILB, and backup OLB. If we sign one GOOD veteran to stabilize the CBs, our depth will be just fine there.

I guess it really depends on Bowe and Albert. If we keep them both and find our QB, we could start raping faces as early as next year. If we keep one or the other, we're still good to go. If we lose both, it might be a year or two.

That about sums it up. A lot also depends on Poe. The should be set in the front 7 for the forseeable future. They should be set on the offensive line for the forseeable future. They should be set at TE, WR and RB for the forseeable future. And saying they should be set is may be an understatement; all of those positions, with the exception of TE, feature players with legitimate star potential. They need better depth in the secondary, particularly safety, and could use depth at some other positions, but the one true, gaping hole on the roster as I see it is that they need a starter and (I think...) at least one backup at QB.

RealSNR 10-05-2012 05:41 PM

I don't think we can be considered "loaded" until we're like the Giants with basically a front 7 crafted entirely of ****ing pass rushers. Or the 49ers' front 7.

We're a team with pretty good starters. Pretty good starters + QB will win playoff games more often than not, especially in this shit conference.

After that point it becomes all about having something that "pops". Find that third lethal passrusher. Track down a legitimate NT and hope Poe actually does turn out to be Ngata. Stuff like that. Those seem to be the teams who win Super Bowls lately.

ArrowheadMagic 10-05-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 8980115)

There's enough talent on this team to compete. Chiefs are dead set on fitting square pegs into round holes. Pats and Pack would give left nuts for 7 starters we have.

But there are holes that would be better masked by Brady or Rodgers.

BigMeatballDave 10-05-2012 05:43 PM

Even Hamas and Dane have spoke positively about this roster.

I believe Hamas mentioned about a yr ago we are a QB away from being a SB contender.

New World Order 10-05-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8980137)
I thought Mike Wallace came out and said he wanted Vincent Jackson money.

There have been reports of both