ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs With Sunday start for Chiefs, Quinn could reclaim his career. (KC Star) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264961)

petegz28 10-10-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000339)
That's just not true at all.

Go and look at any throw Cassel made in the first half against Atlanta. He made two or three excellent throws to Bowe that were 20 yards down the field.

Hell, he made a few nice throws against the Saints in the second half.

Brady Quinn is NOT better than Cassel.

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty ****ing loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

That's the point, Clay, Cassel makes a few nice throws here and there. I thought this year he would be consistent but he isn't at all. His passing game is like my golf game....1 good shot then 3 bad ones, an ok one, couple more bad ones, an ok one, a good one, maybe another good one, then a few more bad ones. End of the game, 0 birdies, maybe a par or two and a bunch of bogies and double bogies with a triple or two in there.

Rausch 10-10-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9000366)
That's the point, Clay, Cassel makes a few nice throws here and there. I thought this year he would be consistent but he isn't at all. His passing game is like my golf game....1 good shot then 3 bad ones, an ok one, couple more bad ones, an ok one, a good one, maybe another good one, then a few more bad ones. End of the game, 0 birdies, maybe a par or two and a bunch of bogies and double bogies with a triple or two in there.

and about 3 turnovers a game...

petegz28 10-10-2012 09:00 PM

The biggest thing I look for is or receivers not CONSTANTLY having to go up for the ball or CONSTANTLY reach back for the ball or CONSTANTLY go up and reach back for the ball

Coogs 10-10-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9000337)
My fears with Quinn are it will take him a few games to get into the groove, he will lead us to a 7-9 season, we cut him, draft a bust and Quinn goes on to tear it up somewhere.

OR

He comes out, tears it up, we don't draft a QB, then he goes all Matt Cassel on us next year.

I understand your concerns here. I have them too. One difference though, IMO. If Quinn comes out and tears it up, that would be different to me than Cassel taking over a 16-0 team and leading them to 5 fewer wins... even though an 11 win season looks respectable to most people. If Quinn takes this 1-4 team somewhere I wouldn't be quite as concerned. But again, that may be JMO.

MeatRock 10-10-2012 09:07 PM

Watch, if Quinn lights it up Sunday, Clay will be sucking Quinn's dick in the forums. Just like he did Cassel's. Because you know, he can change his mind after having such concrete views on the subject.

milkman 10-10-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000339)
That's just not true at all.

Go and look at any throw Cassel made in the first half against Atlanta. He made two or three excellent throws to Bowe that were 20 yards down the field.

Hell, he made a few nice throws against the Saints in the second half.

Brady Quinn is NOT better than Cassel.

This is part of why Pioli is a shitty GM. He acquired a shitty ****ing loser to be our backup QB. Believe it.

Matt Cassel made one NFL throw in that Atlanta game.

The other throws that you are talking about were not bad throws, which is good for Matt Cassel.

O.city 10-10-2012 09:09 PM

I made a conscious effort this past weekend to watch Brady and Manning throw the ball. Both I believe had over 300 yards passing and a TD or two.

While they did throw the occasional deep ball, or deep out, it's not like these star Qb's aren't throwing it short or intermediate. They aren't chucking it deep time and time again.

The difference is, they put it in spots where their playmakers can make plays. Get it to Bowe in the open field in front of him where he can run. Dude's a monster. Same with Jamaal. Get it to him on some set up screens where they are developed correctly. Breaston, Baldwin, Draughn, Gray, whoever.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9000347)
With your record of predictions and evaluations he's destined for 300 yards and 3 TD's...

Why don't you look up EVERY ****ING POST I MADE THIS OFFSEASON.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9000408)
Matt Cassel made one NFL throw in that Atlanta game.

The other throws that you are talking about were not bad throws, which is good for Matt Cassel.

Yeah, but Brady Quinn didn't do shit last week that Cassel hasn't done.

Sitting here and saying QUINN'S 3 PASSES WERE TEH AWESOME is BS.

splatbass 10-10-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9000202)
If Quinn lights it up, Crennel and Pioli will look stupid having handed the starting job to a lesser talented QB.

Too late, they already look stupid.

Titty Meat 10-10-2012 09:28 PM

Quinn has more fumbles than career starts.

DaneMcCloud 10-10-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000456)
Why don't you look up EVERY ****ING POST I MADE THIS OFFSEASON.

Wow, you predicted that Matt Cassel would suck.

This is brand new information.

Hammock Parties 10-10-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9000504)
Quinn has more fumbles than career starts.

http://i.imgur.com/8PIA2.gif

Molitoth 10-10-2012 09:31 PM

I want Quinn to succeed, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't still fire pioli and draft geno smith.

O.city 10-10-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9000460)
Yeah, but Brady Quinn didn't do shit last week that Cassel hasn't done.

Sitting here and saying QUINN'S 3 PASSES WERE TEH AWESOME is BS.

Nice flip ya flopper.