ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel officially the starter against the Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266313)

FAX 11-07-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9096415)
yeah I'm puzzled, too.

Of course, if I'm Brady, I'm 'still woozy' this week, too...

this is Cassel's reckoning...

If memory serves, I think he got his bell rung once during a late-night toga party at Notre Dame when, while chimney smoking a blunt, he accidentally set himself ablaze and attempted to douse himself by leaping from the second story of the frat house into a Koi pond.

FAX

rabblerouser 11-07-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9096449)
If memory serves, I think he got his bell rung once during a late-night toga party at Notre Dame when, while chimney smoking a blunt, he accidentally set himself ablaze and attempted to douse himself by leaping from the second story of the frat house into a Koi pond.

You'll have that from time to time.

Mr. Laz 11-07-2012 05:07 PM

Quinn on concussion: 'That's my fault'

UPDATED NOV 7, 2012 4:50 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, MO. (AP)

Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn says he tried to play through a head injury sustained two weeks ago against Oakland, and admitted ''that's my fault for not being smart about it.''

Quinn was speaking Wednesday for the first time since sustaining the injury Oct. 28.
He remembers taking a knee to the back of the helmet during a scramble early in the game, but he never saw theRaiders' Rolando McClain when he got sacked on the next play, and Quinn recalled having ''tunnel vision'' when he threw an ensuing interception.
Quinn also acknowledged sustaining a concussion in a preseason game against Green Bay. That one cleared up quickly, he said, but the latest concussion has been ''lingering more.''

Quinn has already been ruled out for Kansas City's game Monday night at Pittsburgh. It will be the second straight game he's missed since becoming the starting quarterback.
---
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL

Hammock Parties 11-07-2012 05:35 PM

Tap out acknowledged. Concession accepted.

MeatRock 11-07-2012 05:57 PM

Do all of our QB's have tunnel vision? For ****s sakes.

rabblerouser 11-07-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 9096678)
Do all of our QB's have tunnel vision? For ****s sakes.

CasshoLe's is permanent, though.

I think he actually has Walleye vision, like the guy in Hot Shots Part Deux.

Jenny Gump 11-07-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9096517)
You'll have that from time to time.

If I had a dollar every time that has happened to me....

Rasputin 11-07-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9096546)
Quinn on concussion: 'That's my fault'

UPDATED NOV 7, 2012 4:50 PM ET

KANSAS CITY, MO. (AP)

Chiefs quarterback Brady Quinn says he tried to play through a head injury sustained two weeks ago against Oakland, and admitted ''that's my fault for not being smart about it.''

Quinn was speaking Wednesday for the first time since sustaining the injury Oct. 28.
He remembers taking a knee to the back of the helmet during a scramble early in the game, but he never saw theRaiders' Rolando McClain when he got sacked on the next play, and Quinn recalled having ''tunnel vision'' when he threw an ensuing interception.
Quinn also acknowledged sustaining a concussion in a preseason game against Green Bay. That one cleared up quickly, he said, but the latest concussion has been ''lingering more.''

Quinn has already been ruled out for Kansas City's game Monday night at Pittsburgh. It will be the second straight game he's missed since becoming the starting quarterback.
---
Online: http://pro32.ap.org/poll and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL

I just want to blame Eric Winston for this. Why? His blocking is sickening just sickening that and he is good for two or more false starts a game. Just thickening. I'm calling 3 false starts on Eric Winston this monday night thank you asshole. He will get as manny false starts as Succup gets fieldgoal attempts.

BossChief 11-07-2012 06:38 PM

I called it when it happened and people gave me A TON OF SHIT for it...that Quinn got a concussion in that GB game in PS. Romeo played it off after the game like it was no big deal for Quinn to have head and neck tremors.

Then, he gets another concussion early in the Raiders game and then plays through it and gets another shot to the head (when he got sacked and his head was hurled straight into the turf on the last play he played) in the same game.

He should be put on IR and probably retire after this season.

If he plays again this year, he is risking very very serious injury and possibly death. Once you have 2 and possibly 3 concussions in such a short amount of time, they get exponentially worse afterwards and usually lead to permanent brain damage.

Its a shame, I always thought he would only last a handful of games in KC as the starter, but I wanted him to get pulled for performance, not like this.

NY CHIEF 11-08-2012 01:33 PM

What about trick shot tanney, cant we get him back off ir with the new rules:clap:

pr_capone 11-08-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY CHIEF (Post 9098581)
What about trick shot tanney, cant we get him back off ir with the new rules:clap:

No. He was placed on IR before the 53 man roster was set.

Easy 6 11-08-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9095471)
I hope, at some point, that Harrison comes veering around the corner like an out of control mack truck and smashes a literal hole right into the middle of that ****er.

Not long after posting this, i realized that it was the first time i had EVER said something like that about my own player, and it felt awful.

But thats where its at, thats the sad truth of it.

Woodchuck 11-08-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9098741)
Not long after posting this, i realized that it was the first time i had EVER said something like that about my own player, and it felt awful.

But thats where its at, thats the sad truth of it.

I don't wish it on Cassel because it is obvious to me that he is giving it all he's got. There are some others who are just cashing a paycheck that I do wish it would happen to.

FishingRod 11-08-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9098585)
No. He was placed on IR before the 53 man roster was set.

I realize (assuming the chiefs are competent at judging of talent) that to be the 4th best QB on this team is pretty sad but, how much worse could he possibly be? And if he is, who really cares. Too bad he can’t play that would keep me interested for at least one game.

StcChief 11-08-2012 03:22 PM

Steelers end Cassell for year.... Stanzi in. what a way to start your career...